[CDB] Ajax Chat

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Ideas Centre
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
Locked
travel
Registered User
Posts: 131
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:21 pm

Re: [BETA] Ajax Chat

Post by travel » Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:02 pm

Very nice extension.

User avatar
spaceace
Registered User
Posts: 1857
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:50 pm
Contact:

Re: [BETA] Ajax Chat

Post by spaceace » Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:18 pm

Komanche wrote:Great, spaceace, when should we get it? ;)
i will be putting out 0.2.0-BETA when we get a url issue sorted and will post here to let everyone know when it's out ;)

User avatar
spaceace
Registered User
Posts: 1857
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:50 pm
Contact:

Re: [BETA] Ajax Chat

Post by spaceace » Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:20 pm

travel wrote:Very nice extension.
thanks :D

User avatar
spaceace
Registered User
Posts: 1857
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:50 pm
Contact:

Re: [BETA] Ajax Chat

Post by spaceace » Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:09 am

2.0.0-BETA is on github now :D

added several controls in the ACP
posts in forum now show... new topic, topic relies, post edited
minor css fixes for responsive layout

and i'm hoping that this will be the final changes for the language files. i'm not adding anything more to this version until all issues/bugs are worked out ;)

FomenkoAndrey
Registered User
Posts: 367
Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:44 am

Re: [BETA] Ajax Chat

Post by FomenkoAndrey » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:07 am

is there automatic cleaning chat replies?

Komanche
Registered User
Posts: 248
Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:49 am
Location: Czech Republic

Re: [BETA] Ajax Chat

Post by Komanche » Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:09 am

Great news about new version.

You have typo in English lang:

Code: Select all

		'UPGRADE_BROWSER'		=> 'Status: Cound not
should be:

Code: Select all

		'UPGRADE_BROWSER'		=> 'Status: Could not
Czech translation:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/06yqo18nhpczn ... t.zip?dl=0
Last edited by Komanche on Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

leschek
Registered User
Posts: 791
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:49 pm
Contact:

Re: [BETA] Ajax Chat

Post by leschek » Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:51 am

Thanks for the new version.
Seems like I found a bug in ACP. I'm not able to turn on (enable) option "Enable forum to post in chat about new posts". I enable it and after sending the form it is disabled again.

EDIT: I have the same problem with other new settings too (Enable Ajax Chat on index page, Online status etc.).

User avatar
spaceace
Registered User
Posts: 1857
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:50 pm
Contact:

Re: [BETA] Ajax Chat

Post by spaceace » Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:55 am

FomenkoAndrey wrote:is there automatic cleaning chat replies?
not yet. i need to work out the current issues first. everything that is in chat now, was all that was planned to get to this point. then the prune options will be put in ;)
Komanche wrote:Great news about new version.

You have typo in English lang:

Code: Select all

		'UPGRADE_BROWSER'		=> 'Status: Cound not
shoult be:

Code: Select all

		'UPGRADE_BROWSER'		=> 'Status: Could not
Czech translation:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/06yqo18nhpczn ... t.zip?dl=0
i can't find where that is missing. on GitHub, that line is complete https://github.com/LMOspaceace/ajaxchat ... at.php#L67
and thank you. will push to GH shortly :D
leschek wrote:Thanks for the new version.
Seems like I found a bug in ACP. I'm not able to turn on (enable) option "Enable forum to post in chat about new posts". I enable it and after sending the form it is disabled again.

EDIT: I have the same problem with other new settings too (Enable Ajax Chat on index page, Online status etc.).
upgrade instructions:
  1. disable chat extension
  2. delete data
  3. delete chat extension files from server
  4. upload new chat extension file to server
  5. enable extension
this ensures that all newly changed files will get used

leschek
Registered User
Posts: 791
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:49 pm
Contact:

Re: [BETA] Ajax Chat

Post by leschek » Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:03 pm

spaceace wrote:upgrade instructions:

disable chat extension
delete data
delete chat extension files from server
upload new chat extension file to server
enable extension
Thanks. I didn't delete data (I only disabled the extension). I's working now.

I have one more question. Could you explain what are those "... delay" settings? (Online delay) I think I understand what "... status" settings are, but I'm not sure about "... delay" settings

User avatar
JupiterGPL
Registered User
Posts: 126
Joined: Thu Jun 08, 2006 4:52 pm
Contact:

Re: [BETA] Ajax Chat

Post by JupiterGPL » Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:43 pm

Before it became a security problem (a long time ago), my site used to use FlashChat from TuFat.

One cool feature that FC had was a “bell” that authorized users could ring. Basically if a user clicked that “bell”, it would send the sound that was associated with it to all users who where chatting at the time. Since my board is a college hockey site, when someone rang the bell the school song would play for those chatting.

Is this something that could be integrated in to an EXT like this? Basically I am looking for a button that a user could click to play a sound that all users hear. Though that button is restricted by permissions.

Sippan
Registered User
Posts: 173
Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:23 am
Contact:

Re: [BETA] Ajax Chat

Post by Sippan » Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:15 pm

dont't know how you guys can install it i get blank page and have a hell do unistall it....

User avatar
spaceace
Registered User
Posts: 1857
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:50 pm
Contact:

Re: [BETA] Ajax Chat

Post by spaceace » Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:56 pm

Sippan wrote:dont't know how you guys can install it i get blank page and have a hell do unistall it....
what is your php version? if it is php 5.3 or less, the minimum version that is stated in the first post is 5.4 ;)

User avatar
spaceace
Registered User
Posts: 1857
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:50 pm
Contact:

Re: [BETA] Ajax Chat

Post by spaceace » Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:20 pm

JupiterGPL wrote:Before it became a security problem (a long time ago), my site used to use FlashChat from TuFat.

One cool feature that FC had was a “bell” that authorized users could ring. Basically if a user clicked that “bell”, it would send the sound that was associated with it to all users who where chatting at the time. Since my board is a college hockey site, when someone rang the bell the school song would play for those chatting.

Is this something that could be integrated in to an EXT like this? Basically I am looking for a button that a user could click to play a sound that all users hear. Though that button is restricted by permissions.
sorry. there is no plan to add a function like that

User avatar
JupiterGPL
Registered User
Posts: 126
Joined: Thu Jun 08, 2006 4:52 pm
Contact:

Re: [BETA] Ajax Chat

Post by JupiterGPL » Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:00 am

I just thought I would throw it out there...

I think the reasoning behind a feature like that was to literally ring a bell to get the attention of the chatters with a sound.

Komanche
Registered User
Posts: 248
Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:49 am
Location: Czech Republic

Re: [BETA] Ajax Chat

Post by Komanche » Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:14 am

spaceace wrote: i can't find where that is missing. on GitHub, that line is complete https://github.com/LMOspaceace/ajaxchat ... at.php#L67
and thank you. will push to GH shortly :D
yes, complete, but typo...

Cound not

should be
Could not

8-)

Locked

Return to “Extensions in Development”