[CDB] Ajax Chat

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Get Involved
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
Locked
ale-pain
Registered User
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 2:48 pm

Re: [BETA] Ajax Chat 2.1.0-BETA

Post by ale-pain » Sat May 16, 2015 2:58 pm

Hi, thanks for your work. I want to know how much time is left to complete the extension

MHB1403
Registered User
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 2:58 pm

Re: [BETA] Ajax Chat 2.1.0-BETA

Post by MHB1403 » Sat May 16, 2015 3:05 pm

Hello everyone,

i have a question for the author of extension or anyone willing to help :)
I see there is an option in UCP for individual users to tweak the chat
but i was wondering how can I for example override those options for
all my registered users, because i can't find those settings in my ACP.
More precisely i want the chatbox to be on the bottom of the index
page and not on the top, but i wan't to set that for all users so they
don't have to manually go to UCP and change the position through it.

Thanks in advance!

User avatar
thunderchero
Registered User
Posts: 129
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:16 pm

Re: [BETA] Ajax Chat 2.1.0-BETA

Post by thunderchero » Sat May 16, 2015 4:39 pm

spaceace wrote:in the next version, the position for chat is set in the ACP and no longer in the UCP

MHB1403
Registered User
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 2:58 pm

Re: [BETA] Ajax Chat 2.1.0-BETA

Post by MHB1403 » Sat May 16, 2015 11:27 pm

Thanks, I tried reading a couple of pages but couldn't digg up anything related to that,
so I thought it's easier to ask :) Well I guess we're all looking forward to the next update.
Cheers!

User avatar
KillBill.
Registered User
Posts: 596
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:07 pm
Contact:

Re: [BETA] Ajax Chat 2.1.0-BETA

Post by KillBill. » Sun May 17, 2015 9:18 am

If you change the user name, then the chat will be unchanged.
User color is the same, if I change the user group.

User avatar
LadyAnna
Registered User
Posts: 97
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:17 am
Location: Sweden
Name: Anna Broman

Re: [BETA] Ajax Chat 2.1.0-BETA

Post by LadyAnna » Sun May 17, 2015 9:22 am

Just tried this out on my test site, works fine so far :)

I have one small thing I'd like to see though, and that is sort of being able to flip it around, so the input area is below the messages and so that new messages shows at the bottom of the chat instead of at the top of the list, this would make it more consistent with most other chat apps (irc, skype etc as well as most forum/webbased chats I have encountered so far) and thus perhaps more logical to the users.

It's not a deal breaker, since it's more of a visual thing then anything else I guess, but would be nice to have that option at least.

User avatar
spaceace
Registered User
Posts: 1857
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:50 pm
Contact:

Re: [BETA] Ajax Chat 2.1.0-BETA

Post by spaceace » Sun May 17, 2015 8:12 pm

shurijo wrote:Any chance for private (non-persistent) rooms? Maybe created by Mods or Admins who can invite members into the rooms?
This is not something i will be adding. Sorry

User avatar
spaceace
Registered User
Posts: 1857
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:50 pm
Contact:

Re: [BETA] Ajax Chat 2.1.0-BETA

Post by spaceace » Sun May 17, 2015 8:14 pm

LadyAnna wrote:Just tried this out on my test site, works fine so far :)

I have one small thing I'd like to see though, and that is sort of being able to flip it around, so the input area is below the messages and so that new messages shows at the bottom of the chat instead of at the top of the list, this would make it more consistent with most other chat apps (irc, skype etc as well as most forum/webbased chats I have encountered so far) and thus perhaps more logical to the users.

It's not a deal breaker, since it's more of a visual thing then anything else I guess, but would be nice to have that option at least.
I've had several requests for this and still have no plans to have chat input on the bottom with messages going from bottom to top. Sorry

User avatar
Dragosvr92
Registered User
Posts: 1450
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:27 am
Location: Romania
Name: Dragos Valentin Rădulescu
Contact:

Re: [BETA] Ajax Chat 2.1.0-BETA

Post by Dragosvr92 » Fri May 22, 2015 12:59 am

MHB1403 wrote:Hello everyone,

i have a question for the author of extension or anyone willing to help :)
I see there is an option in UCP for individual users to tweak the chat
but i was wondering how can I for example override those options for
all my registered users, because i can't find those settings in my ACP.
More precisely i want the chatbox to be on the bottom of the index
page and not on the top, but i wan't to set that for all users so they
don't have to manually go to UCP and change the position through it.

Thanks in advance!
Run this query,

Code: Select all

UPDATE phpbb_users 
SET user_ajax_chat_position = '0' 
WHERE user_ajax_chat_position = '1'; 
Does anyone have any issues in running the extension on 3.1.4?
It appears that it stopped working on my side. Even did a fresh reinstall.
Formerly known as TheKiller
3.0| Avatar on Memberlist 1.0.3

User avatar
thunderchero
Registered User
Posts: 129
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:16 pm

Re: [BETA] Ajax Chat 2.1.0-BETA

Post by thunderchero » Fri May 22, 2015 1:54 am

Dragosvr92 wrote:Does anyone have any issues in running the extension on 3.1.4?
working here, only bug it is showing hidden members in who is chatting. but that spaceace said was being addressed.

thunderchero

User avatar
Dragosvr92
Registered User
Posts: 1450
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:27 am
Location: Romania
Name: Dragos Valentin Rădulescu
Contact:

Re: [BETA] Ajax Chat 2.1.0-BETA

Post by Dragosvr92 » Fri May 22, 2015 5:15 am

thunderchero wrote:
Dragosvr92 wrote:Does anyone have any issues in running the extension on 3.1.4?
working here, only bug it is showing hidden members in who is chatting. but that spaceace said was being addressed.

thunderchero
This is just a port of the 3.0 version by handyman with all available features brought by various contributors. Same problem was in the original mod, so i dont think that will be sorted out. Its not a serious issue imo anyway. :)
Formerly known as TheKiller
3.0| Avatar on Memberlist 1.0.3

User avatar
spaceace
Registered User
Posts: 1857
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:50 pm
Contact:

Re: [BETA] Ajax Chat 2.1.0-BETA

Post by spaceace » Fri May 22, 2015 11:08 am

Dragosvr92 wrote:
thunderchero wrote:
Dragosvr92 wrote:Does anyone have any issues in running the extension on 3.1.4?
working here, only bug it is showing hidden members in who is chatting. but that spaceace said was being addressed.

thunderchero
This is just a port of the 3.0 version by handyman with all available features brought by various contributors. Same problem was in the original mod, so i dont think that will be sorted out. Its not a serious issue imo anyway. :)
it is going to be fixed in the next release ;)

i updated my site to 3.1.4 and have had no issues myself.

on your site, chat does not work on the index page, the popup does work as it should, and the chat page it says is not available. so it seems the issue is in your files somehow. i work today and will be camping all weekend. if you don't figure it out by Sunday evening my time, i will have a look at your files to see what is going on ;)

srad80
Registered User
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:13 am

Re: [BETA] Ajax Chat 2.1.0-BETA

Post by srad80 » Fri May 22, 2015 7:01 pm

Hello I have nothing to customize I have followed this path : Copy the entire contents of the repository to ext/spaceace/ajaxchat
thank you

User avatar
Dragosvr92
Registered User
Posts: 1450
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:27 am
Location: Romania
Name: Dragos Valentin Rădulescu
Contact:

Re: [BETA] Ajax Chat 2.1.0-BETA

Post by Dragosvr92 » Fri May 22, 2015 7:33 pm

spaceace wrote: it is going to be fixed in the next release ;)

i updated my site to 3.1.4 and have had no issues myself.

on your site, chat does not work on the index page, the popup does work as it should, and the chat page it says is not available. so it seems the issue is in your files somehow. i work today and will be camping all weekend. if you don't figure it out by Sunday evening my time, i will have a look at your files to see what is going on ;)
I cant explain why. It was working fine. All of a sudden it stopped.
Disabled ext and deleted all data. Deleted all files. Reuploaded entire dir. Enabled. Cleared Cache.
Theres no rush. Im more curious now on why it wont work :lol:

Enjoy your vacation. I will have to wait about over a week for mine :)
Formerly known as TheKiller
3.0| Avatar on Memberlist 1.0.3

User avatar
spaceace
Registered User
Posts: 1857
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:50 pm
Contact:

Re: [BETA] Ajax Chat 2.1.0-BETA

Post by spaceace » Mon May 25, 2015 9:34 pm

Dragosvr92 wrote:
spaceace wrote: it is going to be fixed in the next release ;)

i updated my site to 3.1.4 and have had no issues myself.

on your site, chat does not work on the index page, the popup does work as it should, and the chat page it says is not available. so it seems the issue is in your files somehow. i work today and will be camping all weekend. if you don't figure it out by Sunday evening my time, i will have a look at your files to see what is going on ;)
I cant explain why. It was working fine. All of a sudden it stopped.
Disabled ext and deleted all data. Deleted all files. Reuploaded entire dir. Enabled. Cleared Cache.
Theres no rush. Im more curious now on why it wont work :lol:

Enjoy your vacation. I will have to wait about over a week for mine :)
my ftp login no longer works... could you fix me up again?

Locked

Return to “Extensions in Development”