[CDB] Ajax Chat

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Scam Warning
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
spaceace

Re: [BETA] Ajax Chat 3.0.6-BETA

Post by spaceace »

floxx wrote:Hi,

I just installed the latest release of the Ajax-Chat, and the chat seems ready to chat, but when i'm sending my message, nothing happened... Do you have any idea?

Im' not blocking JS, or anything, but the chat zone is empty. I don't understand. I tried to delete and upload/install it again, but same problem.

Thank you for your answer ;)
this is caused by the template. you need a template for the style you are using. what style is it? i will add it to GitHub
floxx

Post by floxx »

spaceace wrote:this is caused by the template. you need a template for the style you are using. what style is it? i will add it to GitHub
Oh okay! Thank you for the fast answer :D

I'm using "Cynthia" based on prosilver. Why it's not working with the prosilver template files?
spaceace

Post by spaceace »

floxx wrote:I'm using "Cynthia" based on prosilver. Why it's not working with the prosilver template files?
Cynthia has been added to GitHub https://github.com/LMOspaceace/ajaxchat ... ter/styles

the prosilver template is fine but now there is a check in the controller that reads the template file in the style that each user is using. if it can't find it, it simply won't post to chat ;)

i eventually plan to add an ajax error message for this but have not figured it out yet :roll:
floxx

Post by floxx »

spaceace wrote:
floxx wrote:I'm using "Cynthia" based on prosilver. Why it's not working with the prosilver template files?
Cynthia has been added to GitHub https://github.com/LMOspaceace/ajaxchat ... ter/styles

the prosilver template is fine but now there is a check in the controller that reads the template file in the style that each user is using. if it can't find it, it simply won't post to chat ;)

i eventually plan to add an ajax error message for this but have not figured it out yet :roll:
I don't understand everything, but I trust you :lol:
You're the best, Many thanks, i'll test it.

It works good job and thank you again ;)
franck-rn

Post by franck-rn »

Hello ,

when do you liberate AjaxChat?
Thank you
null2

Post by null2 »

franck-rn wrote:Hello ,

Thank you
Download it here: https://github.com/LMOspaceace/ajaxchat/releases
Sorry for my bad english. I'm from USA.
franck-rn

Post by franck-rn »

it is specified : DO NOT INSTALL ON A LIVE SITE!!!!
Galixte de EzCom
Name: Raphaël M.

Post by Galixte de EzCom »

franck-rn wrote:Hello ,

Thank you
When it will be released. :mrgreen:
Communau EzCom
📖 « Traductions d’extensions & styles pour phpBB 3.2.x & 3.3.x ».
📋 Lists of all extensions identified for phpBB 3.1.x & 3.2.x.
📋 Lists of all styles identified for phpBB 3.1.x & 3.2.x.
Image Tu as un forum et tu veux aussi un site web ? Regarde par ici.
spaceace

Post by spaceace »

franck-rn wrote:it is specified : DO NOT INSTALL ON A LIVE SITE!!!!
i still have to get the posts in moderation to not display in chat, or only display to those with the moderator permissions. i also need to go over all the files to do a little cleaning and once that is done, it will be closer to being in RC ;)
franck-rn

Post by franck-rn »

thank you very much for your extension
Pond Life

Post by Pond Life »

Looking good so far @spaceace, I've not found any new issues on the latest version. :D
Never argue with idiots, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
RMcGirr83
Former Team Member
Name: Rich McGirr

Post by RMcGirr83 »

Don't mean to burst anyone's bubble BUT this chat really needs to get cleaned up. There are multiple instances of the same thing occurring within the files, a language php file that is encoded in ANSI (it is an acp file btw), etc.

The whole purpose and intent of 3.1 is to decouple as much as possible and to not repeat code over and over again. That is the meaning and purpose of OOP.

By the way spaceace, instead of using core.posting_modify_submit_post_after you would be better off using core.submit_post_end to get the topic_id and post_id (found in includes/functions_posting.php). For new topics, topic_id and post_id aren't set until after the submit_post action and those variables aren't returned from functions_posting.php. That's why you aren't getting topic_id and post_id in your urls.

Please don't shoot the messenger. :)
Appreciate the extensions/mods/support then buy me a beerImage
Former Modifications/Extensions Team Member | My extensions | github | All requests for support via PM will be ignored
spaceace

Post by spaceace »

RMcGirr83 wrote:Don't mean to burst anyone's bubble BUT this chat really needs to get cleaned up. There are multiple instances of the same thing occurring within the files, a language php file that is encoded in ANSI (it is an acp file btw), etc.

The whole purpose and intent of 3.1 is to decouple as much as possible and to not repeat code over and over again. That is the meaning and purpose of OOP.

By the way spaceace, instead of using core.posting_modify_submit_post_after you would be better off using core.submit_post_end to get the topic_id and post_id (found in includes/functions_posting.php). For new topics, topic_id and post_id aren't set until after the submit_post action and those variables aren't returned from functions_posting.php. That's why you aren't getting topic_id and post_id in your urls.

Please don't shoot the messenger. :)
by all means... burst away. i need help :lol:

language file is fixed. thank you for pointing that out

as for cleaning, i've been getting help with the bulk of the PHP coding and i've been pretty much just looking after the style aspect of it. i know some, not much, basic PHP and the person i had helping has pretty much stopped helping so i'm left by myself to try to get things done/fixed. i will look into using core.submit_post_end and see where i end up. don't be surprised to see me asking for more help :lol:
DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Customisations Team Leader
Name: David Colón

Post by DavidIQ »

When submitting a message:
response "[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/spaceace/ajaxchat/controller/chat.php on line 606: file_get_contents(./ext/spaceace/ajaxchat/styles/latte/template/chat_body.html): failed to open stream: No such file or directory
Had to dig through the AJAX response to figure this one out since the response was being discarded (maybe you should write it to the console?). You should probably deal with that a little better and fall back to whatever you have in the "all" or "prosilver" directory if you really need to do this plus having every single style included with your extension is probably not something you'll want to do as there are many that will work just fine with prosilver. Not really sure why this would come up since the chat loads up with prosilver as the default style. Even stranger is that it would work fine if you change to popup mode.

I've worked around the error by just copying the prosilver folder and renaming it to latte.

P.S. I've changed your code for another client quite a bit to accommodate their needs. While doing that I noticed there's quite a lot of code duplication between the three controllers. Might be a good idea to consolidate some of that.

Also, as part of changing your code for that client, I added notifications of entry/exit into the chat room. Any chance you have the appropriate sounds for those actions? Seems a little weird that it's playing the "messaging" sound instead of the "door open/close" sounds (based on your use of old AIM sounds).
Apply to become a Jr. Extension Validator
My extensions | In need of phpBB services? | Was I helpful today?
No unsolicited PMs unless you're planning on asking for paid help.
spaceace

Post by spaceace »

DavidIQ wrote:When submitting a message:
response "[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/spaceace/ajaxchat/controller/chat.php on line 606: file_get_contents(./ext/spaceace/ajaxchat/styles/latte/template/chat_body.html): failed to open stream: No such file or directory
Had to dig through the AJAX response to figure this one out since the response was being discarded (maybe you should write it to the console?). You should probably deal with that a little better and fall back to whatever you have in the "all" or "prosilver" directory if you really need to do this plus having every single style included with your extension is probably not something you'll want to do as there are many that will work just fine with prosilver. Not really sure why this would come up since the chat loads up with prosilver as the default style. Even stranger is that it would work fine if you change to popup mode.

I've worked around the error by just copying the prosilver folder and renaming it to latte.

P.S. I've changed your code for another client quite a bit to accommodate their needs. While doing that I noticed there's quite a lot of code duplication between the three controllers. Might be a good idea to consolidate some of that.

Also, as part of changing your code for that client, I added notifications of entry/exit into the chat room. Any chance you have the appropriate sounds for those actions? Seems a little weird that it's playing the "messaging" sound instead of the "door open/close" sounds (based on your use of old AIM sounds).
that error is from me trying to do what the mchat MOD had at one point where you change the copyright info in the chat footer and it quits working. i'm sure there is a proper way to do it but for now, that was the only way i could figure it out. i was surprised that it even worked :lol:

as for consolidating the code and cleaning up the PHP... that is beyond my abilities as the person that was helping me has stopped :(

the sounds that are with it are all i have. they actually came from someone else that had introduced a sound function in the chat MOD and they had posted it on STG. i eventually want to make use of MP3 sounds so they will be easier to change in the future

Return to “Extensions in Development”