[CDB] Ajax Chat

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Anti-Spam Guide
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
floxx

Re: [BETA] Ajax Chat 3.0.6-BETA

Post by floxx »

Hello,

I found an issue :)

Sometimes, the button "Send" or the "enter" button doesn't work, so we can't send any post in the chat. But after a moment, it's working again. Do you know where the problem came from?

;)
spaceace

Post by spaceace »

floxx wrote:Hello,

Sometimes, the button "Send" or the "enter" button doesn't work, so we can't send any post in the chat. But after a moment, it's working again. Do you know where the problem came from?

;)
this chat caches nothing. so, it could be caused by many things including internet lag, server load, chat refresh times set too low, and the list goes on. as a general rule, if you see this check image Image in the chat footer, all should be working. if you see this image Image in the footer, it means it is either busy or something could be wrong
floxx

Post by floxx »

spaceace wrote:
floxx wrote:Hello,

;)
this chat caches nothing. so, it could be caused by many things including internet lag, server load, chat refresh times set too low, and the list goes on. as a general rule, if you see this check image Image in the chat footer, all should be working. if you see this image Image in the footer, it means it is either busy or something could be wrong
Nothing is wrong, I've the checked image, but I can't send any message. You gave me the template for my style, it was working, but now it doesn't... Strange.
Everything is okay on my server, my internet... I don't understand.
david63

Post by david63 »

@floxx - do you by any change have Cloudflare (or something similar) installed on your server?
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!
My CDB Contributions | How to install an extension
I will not be accepting translations for any of my extensions in Github - please post any translations in the appropriate topic.
No support requests via PM or email as they will be ignored
Pond Life

Post by Pond Life »

Why is jquery included again in chat_body.html? It's already included in the core so I removed

Code: Select all

<script type="text/javascript" src="{BOARD_URL}assets/javascript/jquery.min.js"></script>
from chat_body.html and everything still works fine.
Never argue with idiots, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
spaceace

Post by spaceace »

Pond Life wrote:Why is jquery included again in chat_body.html? It's already included in the core so I removed

<script type="text/javascript" src="{BOARD_URL}assets/javascript/jquery.min.js"></script>
from chat_body.html and everything still works fine.
old template stuff that keeps getting overlooked while working on other things :lol:

thanks for pointing that out. it will be fixed in the next release ;)
floxx

Post by floxx »

david63 wrote:@floxx - do you by any change have Cloudflare (or something similar) installed on your server?
No, nothing :|
Jalt91

Post by Jalt91 »

Hi spaceace,

Very nice Extension !
I have a problem that I have to post a message . I have to go in the mode '' pop-up ' to post my message.
I read the problem was coming from my styles. is it this? I currently use the style ; WoWDraenor

thank you in advance !
spaceace

Post by spaceace »

Jalt91 wrote:Hi spaceace,

Very nice Extension !
I have a problem that I have to post a message . I have to go in the mode '' pop-up ' to post my message.
I read the problem was coming from my styles. is it this? I currently use the style ; WoWDraenor

thank you in advance !
yes. i've managed to create more work for myself by having the php files check the template files :lol:

to fix...
on your server, create a folder for your style in the chat extension as well as a template folder for it. example
ext/spaceace/ajaxchat/styles/WoWDraenor/template

copy the ext/spaceace/ajaxchat/styles/prosilver/template/chat_body.html into your styles template folder and that is it ;)
david63

Post by david63 »

spaceace wrote:on your server, create a folder for your style in the chat extension as well as a template folder for it. example

copy the ext/spaceace/ajaxchat/styles/prosilver/template/chat_body.html into your styles template folder and that is it
If you are doing that then surely you only need to put the template in the styles/all folder
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!
My CDB Contributions | How to install an extension
I will not be accepting translations for any of my extensions in Github - please post any translations in the appropriate topic.
No support requests via PM or email as they will be ignored
spaceace

Post by spaceace »

david63 wrote:
spaceace wrote:on your server, create a folder for your style in the chat extension as well as a template folder for it. example

copy the ext/spaceace/ajaxchat/styles/prosilver/template/chat_body.html into your styles template folder and that is it
If you are doing that then surely you only need to put the template in the styles/all folder
i've tried using the all folder for templates in the past and was informed that it was not the correct way to do it as not all styles will be the same even if they are prosilver based. i personally would really like to just use the all folder :D
Paul
Infrastructure Team Leader
Infrastructure Team Leader
Name: Paul Sohier

Post by Paul »

However, if a style inherits from prosilver, the template system will automaticly use that one if it exists ;) (Same with subsilver2)
Knock knock
Race condition
Who's there?

My BlogMy Photosmy phpBB Extensionscustom phpBB work & Development
spaceace

Re: [BETA] Ajax Chat 3.0.7-BETA

Post by spaceace »

3.0.7-BETA is out :D

changes...
fixed post visibility. posts in moderation should now only show to those with permissions to approve the post
styles should now inherit properly without needing a chat_body.html for every style
missing language translation entries are in English
spaceace

Re: [BETA] Ajax Chat 3.0.8-BETA

Post by spaceace »

3.0.8-BETA is out :D

fixed template inheritance so it should work with most styles now from the all folder

edit:
forgot to mention... to update from 3.0.7 to 3.0.8, disable the extension, delete files from server, upload new files, enable and purge the board cache ;)
superl

Re: [BETA] Ajax Chat 3.0.8-BETA

Post by superl »

Hi there thank you for your great work,

I can't install 3.0.7 or 8 getting sql error don't know if its only me or the same happen to others

Return to the index page
General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Unknown column 'c.post_id' in 'on clause' [1054]

SQL

SELECT c.*, p.post_visibility, u.user_avatar, u.user_avatar_type, u.user_avatar_width, u.user_avatar_height FROM phpbb_ajax_chat as c LEFT JOIN phpbb_users as u ON c.user_id = u.user_id LEFT JOIN phpbb_posts as p ON c.post_id = p.post_id WHERE c.message_id > 0 ORDER BY c.message_id DESC LIMIT 60

BACKTRACE

FILE: (not given by php)
LINE: (not given by php)
CALL: msg_handler()

FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/db/driver/driver.php
LINE: 855
CALL: trigger_error()

FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/db/driver/mysql.php
LINE: 181
CALL: phpbb\db\driver\driver->sql_error()

FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/db/driver/mysql_base.php
LINE: 45
CALL: phpbb\db\driver\mysql->sql_query()

FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/db/driver/driver.php
LINE: 261
CALL: phpbb\db\driver\mysql_base->_sql_query_limit()

FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/db/driver/factory.php
LINE: 321
CALL: phpbb\db\driver\driver->sql_query_limit()

FILE: [ROOT]/ext/spaceace/ajaxchat/event/listener.php
LINE: 297
CALL: phpbb\db\driver\factory->sql_query_limit()

FILE: (not given by php)
LINE: (not given by php)
CALL: spaceace\ajaxchat\event\listener->index()

FILE: [ROOT]/vendor/symfony/event-dispatcher/Symfony/Component/EventDispatcher/EventDispatcher.php
LINE: 164
CALL: call_user_func()

FILE: [ROOT]/vendor/symfony/event-dispatcher/Symfony/Component/EventDispatcher/EventDispatcher.php
LINE: 53
CALL: Symfony\Component\EventDispatcher\EventDispatcher->doDispatch()

FILE: [ROOT]/vendor/symfony/event-dispatcher/Symfony/Component/EventDispatcher/ContainerAwareEventDispatcher.php
LINE: 167
CALL: Symfony\Component\EventDispatcher\EventDispatcher->dispatch()

FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/event/dispatcher.php
LINE: 60
CALL: Symfony\Component\EventDispatcher\ContainerAwareEventDispatcher->dispatch()

FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/event/dispatcher.php
LINE: 46
CALL: phpbb\event\dispatcher->dispatch()

FILE: [ROOT]/index.php
LINE: 198
CALL: phpbb\event\dispatcher->trigger_event()

Return to “Extensions in Development”