[CDB] Ajax Chat

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Suggested Hosts
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
Locked
pantherfan
Registered User
Posts: 44
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:15 am
Name: Tangela

Re: [BETA] Ajax Chat 3.0.10-BETA

Post by pantherfan » Sun Dec 27, 2015 6:04 am

Thanks for thinking about putting in the ability to edit things. That's the one thing that mchat had over your extension.

srad80
Registered User
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:13 am

Re: [BETA] Ajax Chat 3.0.10-BETA

Post by srad80 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:54 pm

Hello thank you for this shout
How to move to the top of the index ?
Thank you for the answer.

User avatar
spaceace
Registered User
Posts: 1857
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:50 pm
Contact:

Re: [BETA] Ajax Chat 3.0.10-BETA

Post by spaceace » Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:06 pm

srad80 wrote:Hello thank you for this shout
How to move to the top of the index ?
Thank you for the answer.
by default, it's at the top. users can set it to the top or bottom from the UCP and from the ACP, the position can be set to override the user's choice

User avatar
Shaneee
Registered User
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:48 pm
Contact:

Re: [BETA] Ajax Chat 3.0.10-BETA

Post by Shaneee » Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:10 pm

Would it be possible to add support for Bootstrap styles?

Langleu
Registered User
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:14 am

Re: [BETA] Ajax Chat 3.0.10-BETA

Post by Langleu » Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:17 pm

how exactly do I change the size of the avatar? At me they just keep on overlapping each other

User avatar
spaceace
Registered User
Posts: 1857
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:50 pm
Contact:

Re: [BETA] Ajax Chat 3.0.10-BETA

Post by spaceace » Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:51 pm

Shaneee wrote:Would it be possible to add support for Bootstrap styles?
anything is possible providing the style has the proper template events. but, i do not have access to a bootstrap style to test with so it's up to the user of those styles to do the template work themselves.
Langleu wrote:how exactly do I change the size of the avatar? At me they just keep on overlapping each other
avatar size is set in the chat_body.html for no avatar in 2 places

Code: Select all

													<!-- IF S_AJAX_CHAT_AVATAR_HOVER -->
														<span>
															<img src="{STYLE_PATH}/theme/images/no_avatar.gif" width="128" alt="" />
														</span>
													<!-- ENDIF -->
													<img src="{STYLE_PATH}/theme/images/no_avatar.gif" width="35" alt="" />
and in the chat.php controller and listener.php... find these lines and change the 35 to what you want in px. there are several

Code: Select all

'avatar_width'	 => 35,
they should not overlap unless the issue is caused by the stylesheets from the style you are using

User avatar
Shaneee
Registered User
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:48 pm
Contact:

Re: [BETA] Ajax Chat 3.0.10-BETA

Post by Shaneee » Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:25 pm

spaceace wrote:
Shaneee wrote:Would it be possible to add support for Bootstrap styles?
anything is possible providing the style has the proper template events. but, i do not have access to a bootstrap style to test with so it's up to the user of those styles to do the template work themselves.
It does the same with this bootstrap style as it does with mine, viewtopic.php?f=476&t=2289856

User avatar
spaceace
Registered User
Posts: 1857
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:50 pm
Contact:

Re: [BETA] Ajax Chat 3.0.10-BETA

Post by spaceace » Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:19 am

Shaneee wrote:It does the same with this bootstrap style as it does with mine, viewtopic.php?f=476&t=2289856
i will look into it

User avatar
spaceace
Registered User
Posts: 1857
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:50 pm
Contact:

Re: [BETA] Ajax Chat 3.0.10-BETA

Post by spaceace » Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:32 am

Shaneee wrote:It does the same with this bootstrap style as it does with mine, viewtopic.php?f=476&t=2289856
looking into this, i have found that the actual bootstrap style ComBoot(hope that is the one you are talking about) uses tables and bootlike uses no tables. two completely different styles. i will start making a template for bootlike but it will not help you if you are using the other as it is in BETA and you have to sign up to get it from what i see. so, for the ComBoot style, your best bet is to contact the author of that style to see if they will make templates for it and i will add them to my extension. but i will not support a BETA style

User avatar
Shaneee
Registered User
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:48 pm
Contact:

Re: [BETA] Ajax Chat 3.0.10-BETA

Post by Shaneee » Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:26 pm

spaceace wrote:
Shaneee wrote:It does the same with this bootstrap style as it does with mine, viewtopic.php?f=476&t=2289856
looking into this, i have found that the actual bootstrap style ComBoot(hope that is the one you are talking about) uses tables and bootlike uses no tables. two completely different styles. i will start making a template for bootlike but it will not help you if you are using the other as it is in BETA and you have to sign up to get it from what i see. so, for the ComBoot style, your best bet is to contact the author of that style to see if they will make templates for it and i will add them to my extension. but i will not support a BETA style
Its neither of those actually. I just had a look at forumlist_body and the bootstrap style I'm using is using tables by the looks of it, for example,

Code: Select all

	   <div class="panel panel-default">
		<table class="footable table table-striped table-bordered table-white table-primary table-hover">
		<thead>
		<!-- EVENT forumlist_body_category_header_row_prepend -->
			<tr>
			 <th data-class="expand"><!-- IF forumrow.S_IS_CAT --><i class="fa fa-list-ol"></i> <a href="{forumrow.U_VIEWFORUM}">{forumrow.FORUM_NAME}</a><!-- ELSE --><i class="fa fa-bullhorn"></i> {L_FORUM}<!-- ENDIF --></th>
			 <th class="large80" data-hide="phone"><i class="fa fa-bar-chart-o"></i> {L_TOPICS_POSTS_STATISTICS}</th>
			 <th class="large20" data-hide="phone"><i class="fa fa-comments-o"></i> {L_LAST_POST}</th>
			</tr>
		<!-- EVENT forumlist_body_category_header_row_append -->	
		</thead>
	<tbody>
Everything else seems to be standard bootstrap 3. If you need any examples of code I will be more than happy to PM you snippets.

User avatar
spaceace
Registered User
Posts: 1857
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:50 pm
Contact:

Re: [BETA] Ajax Chat 3.0.10-BETA

Post by spaceace » Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:35 pm

Shaneee wrote:Everything else seems to be standard bootstrap 3. If you need any examples of code I will be more than happy to PM you snippets.
pieces of code will not work for me. sorry. i would need to work with the actual style as i would need to see chat in the popup, index page, chat page, and archive to make sure everything is the way it should be as i will need to tweak the css. like i suggested, contact the style author to make the templates and if you get them to me, i will gladly add them. otherwise i cannot help you with that style

User avatar
Shaneee
Registered User
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:48 pm
Contact:

Re: [BETA] Ajax Chat 3.0.10-BETA

Post by Shaneee » Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:55 pm

spaceace wrote:
Shaneee wrote:Everything else seems to be standard bootstrap 3. If you need any examples of code I will be more than happy to PM you snippets.
pieces of code will not work for me. sorry. i would need to work with the actual style as i would need to see chat in the popup, index page, chat page, and archive to make sure everything is the way it should be as i will need to tweak the css. like i suggested, contact the style author to make the templates and if you get them to me, i will gladly add them. otherwise i cannot help you with that style
If you could make it work with bootlike I would be extremely grateful. I got no response from the author for this extension.

User avatar
spaceace
Registered User
Posts: 1857
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:50 pm
Contact:

Re: [BETA] Ajax Chat 3.0.10-BETA

Post by spaceace » Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:30 pm

Shaneee wrote:If you could make it work with bootlike I would be extremely grateful. I got no response from the author for this extension.
working on it now ;)

http://31.livemembersonly.com/index.php?style=4

User avatar
Shaneee
Registered User
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:48 pm
Contact:

Re: [BETA] Ajax Chat 3.0.10-BETA

Post by Shaneee » Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:55 pm

spaceace wrote:
Shaneee wrote:If you could make it work with bootlike I would be extremely grateful. I got no response from the author for this extension.
working on it now ;)

http://31.livemembersonly.com/index.php?style=4
Awesome thanks. One suggestion. Can the who's chatting part be collapsable?

User avatar
spaceace
Registered User
Posts: 1857
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:50 pm
Contact:

Re: [BETA] Ajax Chat 3.0.10-BETA

Post by spaceace » Sat Jan 09, 2016 3:13 pm

Shaneee wrote:
spaceace wrote:Awesome thanks. One suggestion. Can the who's chatting part be collapsable?
it can be turned off in the UCP and is responsive... it moves under chat for smaller displays

Locked

Return to “Extensions in Development”