[CDB] Ajax Chat

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Suggested Hosts
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
Shaneee

Re: [BETA] Ajax Chat 3.0.10-BETA

Post by Shaneee » Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:38 pm

spaceace wrote:
Shaneee wrote:
spaceace wrote:Awesome thanks. One suggestion. Can the who's chatting part be collapsable?
it can be turned off in the UCP and is responsive... it moves under chat for smaller displays
That's great. No rush for it :D

spaceace

Re: [BETA] Ajax Chat 3.0.11-BETA

Post by spaceace » Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:55 am

3.0.11-BETA is out :D

added UCP option to turn autocomplete on or off for chat input
added support for bootlike style
code updates and cleanup

spaceace

Post by spaceace » Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:15 pm

bootstrap style support will have to come from the author of those styles. i tried 3 different chat extensions... mine, mChat, and cBB Chat(a paid chat extension), and none of them seem to work due to jquery not being loaded properly in the style for any of the chat extensions. for anyone that has paid for these styles, you should be able to get support to get these to work from the author... should being the key here

cycling

Post by cycling » Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:12 pm

Is it possible to use this extension as PM system instead of phpBB's original PM system? :)

Sniper_E
Name: Ed Humphrey

Post by Sniper_E » Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:09 pm

No this is not setup with private channels to do that.
No is NEVER an Option and NEVER is the only Option when it comes to Giving Up!
:!: Sniper_E Styles | phpbbmodders :!:

shurijo

Post by shurijo » Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:07 pm

Just updated to 3.1.7-pl on my test forums and this extension v 3.0.11 broke the forums. I had to disable it to get the forums to work again. I tried disabling all other extensions and found that this ext was the cause of the error. Error text was:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Unknown column 'c.post_id' in 'on clause' [1054]

SQL

SELECT c.*, p.post_visibility, u.user_avatar, u.user_avatar_type, u.user_avatar_width, u.user_avatar_height FROM ajax_chat as c LEFT JOIN x_users as u ON c.user_id = u.user_id LEFT JOIN posts as p ON c.post_id = p.post_id WHERE c.message_id > 0 ORDER BY c.message_id DESC LIMIT 60

BACKTRACE

FILE: (not given by php)
LINE: (not given by php)
CALL: msg_handler()

spaceace

Post by spaceace » Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:24 am

shurijo wrote:Just updated to 3.1.7-pl on my test forums and this extension v 3.0.11 broke the forums. I had to disable it to get the forums to work again. I tried disabling all other extensions and found that this ext was the cause of the error. Error text was:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Unknown column 'c.post_id' in 'on clause' [1054]

SQL

SELECT c.*, p.post_visibility, u.user_avatar, u.user_avatar_type, u.user_avatar_width, u.user_avatar_height FROM ajax_chat as c LEFT JOIN x_users as u ON c.user_id = u.user_id LEFT JOIN posts as p ON c.post_id = p.post_id WHERE c.message_id > 0 ORDER BY c.message_id DESC LIMIT 60

BACKTRACE

FILE: (not given by php)
LINE: (not given by php)
CALL: msg_handler()
have you tried deleting the extension data and then make sure all the chat files are up to date as in delete all chat files from the server and re upload the latest version. i'm only asking this because i myself just updated my board to 3.1.7-pl1 and also updated my chat extension to 3.0.11 yesterday and everything went fine.

shurijo

Post by shurijo » Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:00 pm

spaceace wrote:
have you tried deleting the extension data and then make sure all the chat files are up to date as in delete all chat files from the server and re upload the latest version. i'm only asking this because i myself just updated my board to 3.1.7-pl1 and also updated my chat extension to 3.0.11 yesterday and everything went fine.
Yes. Just deleted all of the extension data, then enabled the extension. Same error. Currently using 3.0.11-BETA version with latest 3.1.7-pl1.

When I "delete data", I also get this error:

Something went wrong during the request and an exception was thrown. The changes made before the error occurred were reversed to the best of our abilities, but you should check the board for errors.
The permission role "ROLE_MOD_CHAT" unexpectedly does not exist.

lupus77

Post by lupus77 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:38 pm

Updated to 3.17.pl1 und no problem with Ajax Chat.

spaceace

Post by spaceace » Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:59 pm

shurijo wrote:When I "delete data", I also get this error:

Something went wrong during the request and an exception was thrown. The changes made before the error occurred were reversed to the best of our abilities, but you should check the board for errors.
The permission role "ROLE_MOD_CHAT" unexpectedly does not exist.
when you updated chat, what version did you update it from? it sounds to me that something has been left behind from an older version. if you can't get it sorted, if you are able to give me access to the database and files, i will remove all entries from chat to try a fresh install of chat

Mauron

Post by Mauron » Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:29 am

It sounds more like he deleted a moderation role your ext depends upon.

shurijo

Post by shurijo » Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:03 pm

spaceace wrote:
when you updated chat, what version did you update it from? it sounds to me that something has been left behind from an older version. if you can't get it sorted, if you are able to give me access to the database and files, i will remove all entries from chat to try a fresh install of chat
I don't remember the last version number, but it would have been a couple months old. Maybe Oct-Dec time frame.

I deleted all the rows and tables from the db, then re-enabled it. It's working fine now.

Thanks, Can't wait until it's officially released. We're really looking forward to the non-beta version.

thanks,

spaceace

Post by spaceace » Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:51 pm

shurijo wrote:I don't remember the last version number, but it would have been a couple months old. Maybe Oct-Dec time frame.

I deleted all the rows and tables from the db, then re-enabled it. It's working fine now.

Thanks, Can't wait until it's officially released. We're really looking forward to the non-beta version.

thanks,
glad you got it figured out :D

and i can't wait to see this out of BETA :lol:

touda

Post by touda » Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:55 am

Hello,

After installing the extension 3.0.11 update the cat thus longer automatically, a solution ?

Sorry for my English.
Thank SpaceAce.

http://majik-killer.fr/

Test account :
Test touda
Azerty123

spaceace

Post by spaceace » Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:44 am

touda wrote:Hello,

After installing the extension 3.0.11 update the cat thus longer automatically, a solution ?

Sorry for my English.
Thank SpaceAce.

http://majik-killer.fr/

Test account :
Test touda
Azerty123
if i understand correctly, your issue is with the avatars extending below the message. to fix this, i will need to adjust the avatars size using the height setting instead of the width. i should have that fixed today ;)

Return to “Extensions in Development”