[CDB] Ajax Chat

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Get Involved
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
spaceace

Re: [BETA] Ajax Chat 3.0.12-BETA

Post by spaceace » Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:06 am

pantherfan wrote:I updated from 3.0.10. I disabled the extention, deleted it's data, and then updated. When I enabled, and try to go back to my forum's main page, I get the error. Disabling it fixes it. What files do I need to delete manually?
pantherfan's issue was resolved. for whatever reason, when pantherfan's board was updated, something went out of sync(for lack of a better term) and ended up having to disable all extensions and re-enabling them and all was working again. the actual problem remains unknown :(

spaceace

Re: [BETA] Ajax Chat 3.0.13-BETA

Post by spaceace » Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:29 am

Ajax Chat 3.0.13-BETA is out :D

changes in this version:

added ability to change user's chat settings from ACP thanks to RMcGirr83's help
added ACP options to turn links in the header menu on or off
merged all migration files into 1 file for simplifying future update migrations
updated templates
fixed some minor coding issues

updating to this version requires deleting the extension data as well as all extension files from the server. update instructions are on the release page ;)

also, chat for phpBB 3.2 has been released and can be found here

over the next day or so, i will be reworking the first post to include updated screenshots and info for both phpBB 3.1 as well as phpBB 3.2 versions of chat. i'm waiting on my php guy to get back to me on the last few changes that will be added and i will be trying to do a complete code cleanup and getting this ready for RC ;)

MadCon88

Post by MadCon88 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:28 am

Maybe small issue, I have 3.0.12-BETA installed on my board, dont want to upgrade (waiting for rc) but it is marked as last version after versioncheck, so maybe you forgot change something ;)

And another thing - I had 3.0.2 i think, then I disable extension, delete data, delete data from ftp, then upload 3.0.12, activate and now in ACP I have 2x settings:

Code: Select all

http://forum_name.com/adm/index.php?sid=7d50b21d108ae2566674d63dd6f02b2c&i=-spaceace-ajaxchat-acp-ajaxchat_module&mode=settings
http://forum_name.com/adm/index.php?sid=7d50b21d108ae2566674d63dd6f02b2c&i=-spaceace-ajaxchat-acp-ajaxchat_module&icat=322&mode=settings
difference is in "&icat=322"

1st one works normally, 2nd one give me general error

The module is not accessible

BACKTRACE

FILE: (not given by php)
LINE: (not given by php)
CALL: msg_handler()

FILE: [ROOT]/includes/functions_module.php
LINE: 563
CALL: trigger_error()

FILE: [ROOT]/adm/index.php
LINE: 81
CALL: p_master->load_active()

spaceace

Post by spaceace » Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:09 pm

MadCon88 wrote:Maybe small issue, I have 3.0.12-BETA installed on my board, dont want to upgrade (waiting for rc) but it is marked as last version after versioncheck, so maybe you forgot change something ;)

And another thing - I had 3.0.2 i think, then I disable extension, delete data, delete data from ftp, then upload 3.0.12, activate and now in ACP I have 2x settings:

http://forum_name.com/adm/index.php?sid=7d50b21d108ae2566674d63dd6f02b2c&i=-spaceace-ajaxchat-acp-ajaxchat_module&mode=settings
http://forum_name.com/adm/index.php?sid=7d50b21d108ae2566674d63dd6f02b2c&i=-spaceace-ajaxchat-acp-ajaxchat_module&icat=322&mode=settings
difference is in "&icat=322"

1st one works normally, 2nd one give me general error

The module is not accessible

BACKTRACE

FILE: (not given by php)
LINE: (not given by php)
CALL: msg_handler()

FILE: [ROOT]/includes/functions_module.php
LINE: 563
CALL: trigger_error()

FILE: [ROOT]/adm/index.php
LINE: 81
CALL: p_master->load_active()
i did forget to change the version info on my site but 3.0.13 is the latest

and i have noticed the extra module once on one of my test boards. i just disabled and deleted the data and manually removed the extra module from the DB and enabled and everything was fine again. one of the many reasons i merged all of the migrations into one file

spaceace

Post by spaceace » Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:29 pm

there was a mistake in the 3.0.13 and 3.2.0 release. seems all of my changes didn't get pushed to GitHub but i have fixed it now.

sounds have been changed to mp3 and the prune function in the ACP had an sql problem when manually pruning chat messages

touda

Post by touda » Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:53 pm

Hello,

Still no result for me 3.0.13 :| :|

spaceace

Post by spaceace » Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:53 pm

touda wrote:Hello,

Still no result for me 3.0.13 :| :|
i still can't find the problem in your case. if you can, install a fresh phpBB 3.1.7-pl1 on a test site on your host and then install chat. if it works, then it has to be something on your board that has caused it to stop working due to the update. what it could be, i do not know. if chat does not work on a fresh install on your host, then i will need to try to find where the problem is. but if chat worked before you updated to phpBB 3.1.7-pl1, i think it might be caused by the update itself

spaceace

Re: [RC] Ajax Chat

Post by spaceace » Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:24 pm

i have made a submission to the phpBB extensions team ;)

MadCon88

Post by MadCon88 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:06 am

great, thanks for your work!

spaceace

Post by spaceace » Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:38 pm

for anyone that is interested, i also have a single line layout for chat. i remembered when Handyman` was still working on chat, many people requested it ;)

WISHEXEC

Post by WISHEXEC » Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:56 pm

awsome, finaly we will get this official release :D

rrbailey89

Post by rrbailey89 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:14 pm

Not sure why but after updating to the latest release this is showing up in extensions.

I have completely removed and re installed the extension and it remains.

When I click on settings i get an SQL error. But when I click on ADMIN_AJAX_SETTINGS it does take me to the settings page.

spaceace

Post by spaceace » Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:30 pm

rrbailey89 wrote:Not sure why but after updating to the latest release this is showing up in extensions.

I have completely removed and re installed the extension and it remains.

When I click on settings i get an SQL error. But when I click on ADMIN_AJAX_SETTINGS it does take me to the settings page.
i saw that in one of my test boards. where it came from, i do not know. disable the extension, delete the data. then in phpmyadmin, go into the modules table and find anything for the chat extension and remove it. purge the board cache and enable the extension. that should fix it. if not, if you can provide me with admin and DB access, i will fix it for you.

it's one of a few reasons i merged the migration files into 1 file

WISHEXEC

Post by WISHEXEC » Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:57 am

My style got this very buggy

http://forum.enigmaplay.ro/index.php

Some help with avatars or a feature to disable avatars ? :(

and when i open archive , the default color of my style (green) it's shown , even i set to be purpule or green

i use subway (themeforest)

spaceace

Post by spaceace » Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:09 pm

WISHEXEC wrote:My style got this very buggy

http://forum.enigmaplay.ro/index.php

Some help with avatars or a feature to disable avatars ? :(

and when i open archive , the default color of my style (green) it's shown , even i set to be purpule or green

i use subway (themeforest)
i do not have that style to test with as it's a paid style.

Return to “Extensions in Development”