[CDB] Ajax Chat

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Ideas Centre
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
Locked
OdedK
Registered User
Posts: 64
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:25 am

Re: [RC] Ajax Chat

Post by OdedK » Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:59 pm

you wrote:

if you have a different style that this is not working with, then it's just a style issue


...this means that it doesn't work with other styles? :|

User avatar
Galixte de EzCom
Registered User
Posts: 885
Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2004 11:14 pm
Location: France
Name: Raphaël M.
Contact:

Re: [RC] Ajax Chat

Post by Galixte de EzCom » Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:24 pm

It depends on your style: viewtopic.php?p=14271056#p14271056
Last edited by Galixte de EzCom on Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Communau EzCom
Image « Traductions d’extensions & styles pour phpBB 3.1.x & 3.2.x ».
ImageLists of all extensions identified for phpBB 3.1.x & 3.2.x.
ImageLists of all styles identified for phpBB 3.1.x & 3.2.x.

thegambit__
Registered User
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:39 am

Re: [RC] Ajax Chat

Post by thegambit__ » Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:33 am

I use the Recent Topics extension so that is why I have two columns. I need to position the ajaxchat above this so it gets the full width of the forum. The theme I am using is PBtech.

User avatar
spaceace
Registered User
Posts: 1795
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:50 pm
Contact:

Re: [RC] Ajax Chat

Post by spaceace » Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:59 am

thegambit__ wrote:I use the Recent Topics extension so that is why I have two columns. I need to position the ajaxchat above this so it gets the full width of the forum. The theme I am using is PBtech.
this is one of the issues with the extension system... no way to order what extension goes where when they use the same event. you can try to change the event names for both of the extensions to get them where you want them... not sure which one the Recent Topics uses

mayank_sethi
Registered User
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2016 8:02 am

Re: [RC] Ajax Chat

Post by mayank_sethi » Mon Dec 26, 2016 3:13 pm

hey can anyone help me i m using BBoots theme and i want to use this extention but its not working with my BBoots theme it works fine with prosilver but not on BBoots can you help me fix this issue as i need to make it work i really liked this extention please help me guys

User avatar
Hippie459MN
Registered User
Posts: 882
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:13 pm
Location: Minnesota, USA
Contact:

Re: [RC] Ajax Chat

Post by Hippie459MN » Mon Dec 26, 2016 5:24 pm

mayank_sethi wrote:hey can anyone help me i m using BBoots theme and i want to use this extention but its not working with my BBoots theme it works fine with prosilver but not on BBoots can you help me fix this issue as i need to make it work i really liked this extention please help me guys
What seems to be the issue? What about it isnt working?

User avatar
spaceace
Registered User
Posts: 1795
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:50 pm
Contact:

Re: [RC] Ajax Chat

Post by spaceace » Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:40 pm

mayank_sethi wrote:hey can anyone help me i m using BBoots theme and i want to use this extention but its not working with my BBoots theme it works fine with prosilver but not on BBoots can you help me fix this issue as i need to make it work i really liked this extention please help me guys
BBoots is missing template events. i had a copy of BBoots and it was modified by the person who had sent it to me but i no longer have it. if you could send me a copy of it, i will see what i can do ;)

User avatar
spaceace
Registered User
Posts: 1795
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:50 pm
Contact:

Re: [RC] Ajax Chat

Post by spaceace » Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:29 am

Ajax Chat 3.0.21 is on Github for anyone to test ;)

another round of coding changes for validation
one language variable has been added

they keep asking me to change the Ajax js over to jQuery... something i don't see a need for as the js works and there is nothing in the coding guidelines that say you have to use jQuery. i'm guessing that it's a recommendation and not a requirement as they won't actually tell me if it will fail validation if i don't change it.

this version has already fixed an issue on one server setup that when you submit a message, it keeps submitting on every refresh... what the actual issue was, i do not know as this version was already done and unchanged to fix it

#Montana
Registered User
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:33 pm

Re: [RC] Ajax Chat

Post by #Montana » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:26 pm

spaceace wrote:
Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:29 am
Ajax Chat 3.0.21 is on Github for anyone to test ;)

another round of coding changes for validation
one language variable has been added

they keep asking me to change the Ajax js over to jQuery... something i don't see a need for as the js works and there is nothing in the coding guidelines that say you have to use jQuery. i'm guessing that it's a recommendation and not a requirement as they won't actually tell me if it will fail validation if i don't change it.

this version has already fixed an issue on one server setup that when you submit a message, it keeps submitting on every refresh... what the actual issue was, i do not know as this version was already done and unchanged to fix it

Can you add an ability for administrators to prune the shoutbox without having to go into the ACP? If possible?
It'd make it much easier..

User avatar
OmkePom
Registered User
Posts: 205
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:38 am
Name: IJsbrand Nijboer

Re: [RC] Ajax Chat

Post by OmkePom » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:58 pm

spaceace wrote:
Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:29 am
Ajax Chat 3.0.21 is on Github for anyone to test ;)
Looks good on a 3.2 board!

There's only one problem, i have all permissions and i see everything but message doesn't show?

Also i have 1 request, i want two buttons: "Send botton" left, "smillie butten" to the right.

Maybe its possible to switch "Chat center" in messagebox on/off, and the title to the left?

Greetings! and THX! :ugeek:
You got Brains like a Peanut, OMG i insulted a Peanut!

User avatar
OmkePom
Registered User
Posts: 205
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:38 am
Name: IJsbrand Nijboer

Re: [RC] Ajax Chat

Post by OmkePom » Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:21 pm

I installed a old copy of the Chat Extension-BackUp from my 3.1 board, think it was 3.0.20. Didnt work but i updated it and now it works fine :D
OmkePom wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:58 pm

I have stil 1 request, i want two buttons: "Send botton" left, "smillie butten" to the right.

Maybe its possible to switch "Chat center" in messagebox on/off, and the title to the left?

Greetings! and THX! :ugeek:
You got Brains like a Peanut, OMG i insulted a Peanut!

biggardo
Registered User
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:38 pm

Re: [RC] Ajax Chat

Post by biggardo » Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:28 pm

One thing that I noticed in my installation, is that the links to member profiles goes up one level too many.

All the memberlist links are trying to go to starwarsccg.org/memberlist.php... but should be going to starwarsccg.org/forums/memberlist.php...

Not sure where the settings are to fix this or what file I can edit to resolve this, so that the links to member profiles works correctly.

User avatar
spaceace
Registered User
Posts: 1795
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:50 pm
Contact:

Re: [RC] Ajax Chat

Post by spaceace » Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:30 pm

biggardo wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:28 pm
One thing that I noticed in my installation, is that the links to member profiles goes up one level too many.

All the memberlist links are trying to go to starwarsccg.org/memberlist.php... but should be going to starwarsccg.org/forums/memberlist.php...

Not sure where the settings are to fix this or what file I can edit to resolve this, so that the links to member profiles works correctly.
i just registered on the site you have in your example and all the member links in chat go to the proper member profile. i checked the member link in the posted message as well as in the WHO IS CHATTING list and cannot reproduce the issue. this was an issue over a year ago and i haven't heard of anyone with it in a long time. if you can be more specific in exactly how you get the issue, that would be great ;)

biggardo
Registered User
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:38 pm

Re: [RC] Ajax Chat

Post by biggardo » Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:53 pm

I know it wasn't working previously (other users reported the same problem). I just refreshed my window, as well as open up chat in a popup and it looks to be functioning. I cleared the board cache yesterday, but it was still not working this morning (although my browser may have still been using a cached file), and I disabled the chat center link in the quick links menu.

Glad to know it's working now. Real head-scratcher as to what caused it.

Oglaf90
Registered User
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:35 pm

Re: [RC] Ajax Chat

Post by Oglaf90 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:39 am

Should this work as is for 3.2?

Locked

Return to “Extensions in Development”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: donsenilo, KinGWoK, lopoto, Mess, remoss and 30 guests