[CDB] Ajax Chat

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Get Involved
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
rxu
Extensions Development Team
Name: Ruslan

Re: [RC] Ajax Chat

Post by rxu » Tue May 02, 2017 4:54 am

One more thing, for the board installed in subfolder (like domain.ex/forum). Once you load the chat page, member profiles links in the chat window are ok. After Ajax got its work (say, the message sent etc), profile links (in the chat) lose the folder path and look like domain.ex/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=2. After hard reloading the page, they're ok again until the page got Ajaxed again, and so on.
It seems that there's something to do in JS file regarding that.

spaceace

Post by spaceace » Sat May 06, 2017 5:38 pm

if anyone has a phpBB 3.1 or 3.2 board set up for testing and have my chat installed and it does nothing when you submit a chat message... could you please give me access to that via ftp and an admin login so i could possibly look into resolving that issue. i know that some nginx setups have issues with extensions but i have in the past been able to get my chat working even on them in some cases. i just need access to find and resolve it ;)

spaceace

Post by spaceace » Tue May 09, 2017 4:42 pm

rxu wrote:
Tue May 02, 2017 4:54 am
One more thing, for the board installed in subfolder (like domain.ex/forum). Once you load the chat page, member profiles links in the chat window are ok. After Ajax got its work (say, the message sent etc), profile links (in the chat) lose the folder path and look like domain.ex/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=2. After hard reloading the page, they're ok again until the page got Ajaxed again, and so on.
It seems that there's something to do in JS file regarding that.
got this resolved. it was nothing to do with the js. the js just calls core functions for usernames. looked in a couple other extensions and it seems they had to work around this or something similar as well. mChat being one for example using this to correct the returned username link https://github.com/dmzx/mChat/blob/mast ... 1068-L1074. chat on the index and chat page had the issue while the popup and archive were serving the correct link.

Maffw

Post by Maffw » Sun May 21, 2017 5:37 pm

Hello, i have a problem with this extension...
i try to integrate in custom style ( https://themeforest.net/item/ariki-phpb ... me/7773806 ), but not working. Is appear, but not working. i wrote message and i press enter or submit button, but not sending message, stay in textbox.
not working neither in prosilver, but works before i install ariki's style. now if i uninstall ariki's style and use chat, he not works ...

i try on php 5.6 and mysql 5.6 on webhost and local with php 5.6 and mysql 5.7.
i try and with mchat, same thing.

Galixte de EzCom
Name: Raphaël M.

Post by Galixte de EzCom » Sun May 21, 2017 6:18 pm

Hi,

what is your webhost ?
Communau EzCom
📖 « Traductions d’extensions & styles pour phpBB 3.1.x & 3.2.x ».
📋 Lists of all extensions identified for phpBB 3.1.x & 3.2.x.
📋 Lists of all styles identified for phpBB 3.1.x & 3.2.x.
Image Tu as un forum et tu veux aussi un site web ? Regarde par ici.

spaceace

Post by spaceace » Sun May 21, 2017 10:03 pm

Maffw wrote:
Sun May 21, 2017 5:37 pm
Hello, i have a problem with this extension...
i try to integrate in custom style ( https://themeforest.net/item/ariki-phpb ... me/7773806 ), but not working. Is appear, but not working. i wrote message and i press enter or submit button, but not sending message, stay in textbox.
not working neither in prosilver, but works before i install ariki's style. now if i uninstall ariki's style and use chat, he not works ...

i try on php 5.6 and mysql 5.6 on webhost and local with php 5.6 and mysql 5.7.
i try and with mchat, same thing.
seems to be a style issue. if it works on prosilver before installing that style, but not after, then that style has issues. as with many themeforest styles, they have issues with many extensions as they do not properly inherit from prosilver but just use it as a base. i can get it working with that style but i would need a copy of it to work with and have no intentions of buying it. that said, if you can send me a copy, i can fix the issue. otherwise, you will have to contact the style author to ask for support ;)

Maffw

Post by Maffw » Mon May 22, 2017 12:14 pm

I wrote you on facebook, i can't send private message.

spaceace

Post by spaceace » Mon May 22, 2017 11:45 pm

Maffw wrote:
Mon May 22, 2017 12:14 pm
I wrote you on facebook, i can't send private message.
ok, here's the problem...

that style only has 36 phpBB events in the templates. prosilver has 282 in the unmodified style. this style needs some serious work to put in events that are required by the extension system. i honestly would request a refund if this is how these styles are sold :roll:

if the style you sent me was not the original that you downloaded after purchasing, there's not really much i can do as i'm not going to rebuild it and add all the proper events. i know some themeforest styles have some event missing from them but this one has almost none

Galixte de EzCom

Post by Galixte de EzCom » Tue May 23, 2017 2:54 am

@spaceace if this style has his files dated from january 2017 it’s the last update, like it’s mentioned on the official page: “Last Update 26 January 17”. Other case would signficated that the style has not be buyed by the user.

Whatever the case, it’s to the user to ask to the style author to update all the template events in the style.
Communau EzCom

Maffw

Post by Maffw » Tue May 23, 2017 7:07 am

I can't ask for support, because i have style from a friend and i don't know where he have i, he gave it to me. i call the author style and he suggest me to download last version from themeforest, but i can't, i did not buy the style.

I have style for 3.0.x and i modify prosilver for 3.2 style with 3.0 codes... my forum is on 3.0.14 and i want to move on 3.2, but i don't have style and i don't want waste my money for style and i was thinking i can so...

yes, I have read on many topics that it's impossible to convert a 3.0 style on 3.2, but it's possible if you rewrite it, but it does not work as I wanted ... now style have same design in 3.2, work top five and last active users in 24 hours, but that extension not work, and possible multiple functions...

I'm sorry I did not tell you that from the beginning

Hippie459MN

Post by Hippie459MN » Tue May 23, 2017 7:24 am

Well, you have two options, buy the style and stop stealing, or find another free style that is properly updated for the version of phpbb that you are on or plan to update too. There are plenty of great styles here that are free. Other than that, good luck getting this, or any other ext for that matter, to work right on a jacked up attempt at making a 3.0.x theme work on 3.2.0.

spaceace

Post by spaceace » Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:33 pm

validation just got denied again. very small list of things to fix this time around. that said, Tatiana5 and rxu have done some work on it that fixed many things and i have also used kasimi's twig extension to convert all the templates to twig format. so, hopefully, this next go at validation will pass :D :D

Galixte de EzCom

Post by Galixte de EzCom » Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:15 am

please delete me.
Last edited by Galixte de EzCom on Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Communau EzCom

Galixte de EzCom

Post by Galixte de EzCom » Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:15 am

spaceace wrote:
Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:33 pm
validation just got denied again. very small list of things to fix this time around. that said, Tatiana5 and rxu have done some work on it that fixed many things and i have also used kasimi's twig extension to convert all the templates to twig format. so, hopefully, this next go at validation will pass :D :D
Hi, a good news SpaceAce, don’t let go ! ;)
Communau EzCom

spaceace

Post by spaceace » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:42 pm

small bug to work out with the edit and popup functions and will be submitted for validation hopefully for the last time :D

Return to “Extensions in Development”