[CDB] Ajax Chat

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Ideas Centre
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
spaceace

Re: [ALPHA] Ajax Chat

Post by spaceace » Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:20 pm

leschek wrote:Thanks for the extension.
I did little bit of testing and it seems that there is small issue with chat rule message. If I write there non English characters it will show them as question marks on index and in ACP too (after submitting the form).
ok. i will look into that. i only know English so something like this didn't get noticed :lol:

davym123

Post by davym123 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:17 am

I'm so close to changing my current chatbox to your, but I was wondering if it's possible to add a /me command.
My forum likes roleplaying and they need the "Username does this action" using the /me command like in Mirc or Skype

spaceace

Post by spaceace » Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:05 am

davym123 wrote:I'm so close to changing my current chatbox to your, but I was wondering if it's possible to add a /me command.
My forum likes roleplaying and they need the "Username does this action" using the /me command like in Mirc or Skype
sorry, but any kind of chat commands were never planned to be added as porting the chat directly and not adding any new functions is what is intended. only things that are really being added are UCP options to turn things on and off as well as an ACP module for inputting various settings.

OmkePom
Name: IJsbrand Nijboer

Post by OmkePom » Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:55 am

Well i updated mij php, now it is 5.6 :D

Afther install i get this error,

Code: Select all

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5133: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/ext/spaceace/ajaxchat/language/nl/ajax_chat.php:1)
You got Brains like a Peanut, OMG i insulted a Peanut!

spaceace

Post by spaceace » Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:12 pm

OmkePom wrote:Well i updated mij php, now it is 5.6 :D

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5133: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/ext/spaceace/ajaxchat/language/nl/ajax_chat.php:1)
i did not make the nl translation files and it seems nl/ajax_chat.php got saved with BOM. file on github has been fixed. thank you for finding that :D

OmkePom
Name: IJsbrand Nijboer

Post by OmkePom » Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:12 pm

spaceace wrote:

i did not make the nl translation files and it seems nl/ajax_chat.php got saved with BOM. file on github has been fixed. thank you for finding that :D
I think (or Realy don't now) what u mean, but i gues u are right. I removed nl translation. I Copied en to nl. Now error is gone ....... Looks good so far.

THX! waiting for expand!
You got Brains like a Peanut, OMG i insulted a Peanut!

spaceace

Post by spaceace » Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:39 pm

OmkePom wrote:
spaceace wrote:

I think (or Realy don't now) what u mean, but i gues u are right. I removed nl translation. I Copied en to nl. Now error is gone ....... Looks good so far.

THX! waiting for expand!
language barrier :lol:

the nl translation files on github are fixed now. you will be able to use the nl files now :D

stratege1401

Post by stratege1401 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:44 am

Wonder if you see that ?
stratege1401 wrote:
spaceace wrote:another update to the files on github

some issues got fixed and some functions got changed as well as adding more to the ACP for settings. too many things to list ;)

update process:
  1. disable extension
  2. delete data
  3. delete files from server
  4. upload new files from github
  5. enable extension

FR translation

https://mega.co.nz/#!ew1lELQI!86GZPfuVa ... 2acBmmrYxU
French World of Tank and Other games Forums
http://www.forum.fasx.org/phpbb/index.php

jazzec

Post by jazzec » Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:33 am

Great job! But still one small problem remains.
After you type in the text of the rules for the chat in Admin panel in cyrillic letters, the forum displays "??????? ???????..."

add, please, Ukrainian translation
Last edited by jazzec on Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:53 am, edited 2 times in total.

FomenkoAndrey

Post by FomenkoAndrey » Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:54 am

1 - i have next problem on standart prosilver without modifications, phpbb 3.1.3

.chatlist {
    height: 55px;
}
code above help me, but this is the mistake of design of the Ajax Chat.
Last edited by FomenkoAndrey on Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:18 am, edited 2 times in total.

FomenkoAndrey

Post by FomenkoAndrey » Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:02 am

2 - if View chat on index page: = NO, where it will be?
logical to assume that it is not displayed on the index, but does not say that it is off. then where is the chat?
Last edited by FomenkoAndrey on Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

FomenkoAndrey

Post by FomenkoAndrey » Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:15 am

3 - this extension creates 6 !!! additional queries to the database.
but if I turn off the display on the index View chat on index page: = NO and dont see chat, number of queries to the database is not reduced and still +6.

spaceace

Post by spaceace » Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:28 am

jazzec wrote:Great job! But still one small problem remains.
After you type in the text of the rules for the chat in Admin panel in cyrillic letters, the forum displays "??????? ???????..."

add, please, Ukrainian translation
that is a known issue that will be fixed in the next github update along with some other issues where images do not load properly.

and thank you for the translation :D

spaceace

Post by spaceace » Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:41 am

FomenkoAndrey wrote:1 - i have next problem on standart prosilver without modifications, phpbb 3.1.3

.chatlist {
    height: 55px;
}
code above help me, but this is the mistake of design of the Ajax Chat.
what browser are you using to get this? this is normally a known issue on mobiles.
FomenkoAndrey wrote:2 - if View chat on index page: = NO, where it will be?
logical to assume that it is not displayed on the index, but does not say that it is off. then where is the chat?
that option is mainly for users that do not want to see chat. but, in the next update, there will be a link so you can still get to the chat page and not have it on the index.
FomenkoAndrey wrote:3 - this extension creates 6 !!! additional queries to the database.
but if I turn off the display on the index View chat on index page: = NO and dont see chat, number of queries to the database is not reduced and still +6.
turning it off in the UCP only hides it and does not remove the code from the index page

FomenkoAndrey

Post by FomenkoAndrey » Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:16 pm

what browser are you using to get this? this is normally a known issue on mobiles.
not mobile.
Firefox 36.0 for desktop - last version.
that option is mainly for users that do not want to see chat. but, in the next update, there will be a link so you can still get to the chat page and not have it on the index....
turning it off in the UCP only hides it and does not remove the code from the index page
that will good, maybe make option for turn OFF chat?
something like View chat on index page: YES/NO/TURN OFF
but if users turn it off - dont hide, make realy turn it off.

Return to “Extensions in Development”