[CDB] Fade Header

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Scam Warning
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
mr.ruf
Name: Harold

Re: [RC] Fade Header

Post by mr.ruf »

look great !!! :D
Raul [ThE KuKa]
Style Customisations
Style Customisations
Name: Raul Arroyo

Post by Raul [ThE KuKa] »

cece74 INCLUDECSS has been updated for 3.1.2
viewtopic.php?p=13905756#p13905756

Webhebbie
cece74 wrote:open

Code: Select all

/styles/prosilver/template/overall_header.html
find and delete

<link href="{T_THEME_PATH}/responsive.css?assets_version={T_ASSETS_VERSION}" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="only screen and (max-width: 700px), only screen and (max-device-width: 700px)" />
With this change, the forum will not be accessible from a smartphone, tablet, etc. :?
All unsolicited PMs will be ignored.
:warning: Knowledge Base | Documentation | Board rules | phpBB Styles Rules & Policies | Styles Queue Stats :warning:

If you like my styles, translations, etc. and want to show some appreciation, then feel free to Donate.
:flag_es: phpBB Spain - Online Since 2003 :heart:

cece74

Post by cece74 »

Raul [ThE KuKa] wrote:cece74 INCLUDECSS has been updated for 3.1.2
viewtopic.php?p=13905756#p13905756
Upgrade my ext Thanks! version 1.0.2
Raul [ThE KuKa] wrote: Webhebbie
cece74 wrote:open

/styles/prosilver/template/overall_header.html
find and delete

<link href="{T_THEME_PATH}/responsive.css?assets_version={T_ASSETS_VERSION}" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="only screen and (max-width: 700px), only screen and (max-device-width: 700px)" />
With this change, the forum will not be accessible from a smartphone, tablet, etc. :?
removing that code simply the mobile theme will not load , but will receive the classical theme , as required by Webhebbie :D
Raul [ThE KuKa]
Style Customisations
Style Customisations

Yes, of course, but "standar" style, not "responsive" style. :roll:
:warning: Knowledge Base | Documentation | Board rules | phpBB Styles Rules & Policies | Styles Queue Stats :warning:

If you like my styles, translations, etc. and want to show some appreciation, then feel free to Donate.

cece74

Post by cece74 »

yes, webhebbie wanted to disable the entire theme responsive :D
Raul [ThE KuKa]
Style Customisations
Style Customisations

Yes I know, but do not understand why delete the "responsive" style. :?

Everyone knows what he wants... :mrgreen:

Sorry for OFF Topic, and thanks again for the extension.

Nice work.

cece74

Post by cece74 »

Raul [ThE KuKa] wrote:
Sorry for OFF Topic, and thanks again for the extension.

Nice work.
thank you very much!
martti

Post by martti »

You shouldn't include the jQuery library yourself because jQuery is already included in core. Move your javascript containing jQuery functions to a seperate file and use INCLUDEJS to include the file.
Also, I think the images should be outside your repository (for clean updates). You could move them to the /images directory for instance.
david63

Post by david63 »

martti wrote:You could move them to the /images directory for instance.
All files for an extension have to be contained within the extension.

A better approach would be to have a config variable in the ACP pointing to where the images are stored.
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!
My CDB Contributions | How to install an extension
I will not be accepting translations for any of my extensions in Github - please post any translations in the appropriate topic.
No support requests via PM or email as they will be ignored
cece74

Post by cece74 »

martti wrote:You shouldn't include the jQuery library yourself because jQuery is already included in core. Move your javascript containing jQuery functions to a seperate file and use INCLUDEJS to include the file.
Also, I think the images should be outside your repository (for clean updates). You could move them to the /images directory for instance.
thanks for the advice on jquery , unfortunately I was not able to include the js in a file belonging because it gave me an error on the image directory if anyone can fix it thank him .

david63 wrote:A better approach would be to have a config variable in the ACP pointing to where the images are stored.
unfortunately I do not have the practical knowledge and techniques to create a module ACP , but if someone had the pleasure to create it would be great .
martti

Post by martti »

david63 wrote:

A better approach would be to have a config variable in the ACP pointing to where the images are stored.
The images are not part of the extension I suppose. These are user content.
cece74

Post by cece74 »

martti wrote:
david63 wrote:

The images are not part of the extension I suppose. These are user content.

but without images as you could present the extension ? the images can be changed at a later time , I do not see the problem .

I did a test for jquery , but I'm forced to add it in the script because it needs to be loaded before the closing tag < / head> instead phpbb default loads it into overhall_footer .
martti

Post by martti »

cece74 wrote: but without images as you could present the extension ? the images can be changed at a later time , I do not see the problem .
Because when there's a new version of your extension, people should be able to simply replace the files without deleting the data.
cece74 wrote: I did a test for jquery , but I'm forced to add it in the script because it needs to be loaded before the closing tag < / head> instead phpbb default loads it into overhall_footer .
I see no problem. Did you use <!-- INCLUDEJS your_file.js --> and did you stop loading jQuery yourself?
martti

Post by martti »

You use the template variable ROOT But that doesn't exist I think. It should be ROOT_PATH.
cece74

Post by cece74 »

martti wrote: Because when there's a new version of your extension, people should be able to simply replace the files without deleting the data.
in the description will specify that if it is an upgrade and not a first installation you should delete the images before loading the ext
martti wrote: I see no problem. Did you use <!-- INCLUDEJS your_file.js --> and did you stop loading jQuery yourself?

try ... thanks for the feedback

Return to “Extensions in Development”