[3.3][RC] [3.2] phpBB.de Pastebin

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Ideas Centre
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
gn#36
Translator

[3.3][RC] [3.2] phpBB.de Pastebin

Post by gn#36 »

Extension Name: phpBB.de Pastebin
Author: gn#36

Extension Description: Adds a pastebin to your forum.
Extension Version: Release Candidate (2.0.2)

Requirements: phpBB 3.2.4 or newer

Features:
  • See https://www.phpbb.de/pastebin/
  • File upload or code window for the source code to upload
  • Syntax Highlighting using GeSHi
  • Language selection is currently hardcoded to a subset of GeSHis capabilities
  • Automatic deletion of entries after 1-6 months
  • Exceptions from automatic deletion possible
  • CAPTCHA support for securing entries
Features Requested:
I don't guarantee I'll put these in, but I might ;)
  • Hidden entries (need link for access)
Screenshots: none yet

Demo URL: none yet

Extension Download: https://github.com/phpbb-de/phpbb-ext-pastebin (you will need to install dependencies using composer to get GeSHi, it is not included)
Last edited by Crizzo on Thu Aug 20, 2020 4:35 pm, edited 5 times in total.
German Support Team Member • http://www.phpbb.deMy Extensions in the CDBMy Extensions on Github • Contact with caos is inavoidable but no catastrophy if you keep an overview.
Raul [ThE KuKa]
Style Customisations
Style Customisations
Name: Raul Arroyo

Re: [DEV] phpBB.de Pastebin

Post by Raul [ThE KuKa] »

I like!

Thanks. ;)
All unsolicited PMs will be ignored.
:warning: Knowledge Base | Documentation | Board rules | phpBB Styles Rules & Policies | Styles Queue Stats :warning:

If you like my styles, translations, etc. and want to show some appreciation, then feel free to Donate.
:flag_es: phpBB Spain - Online Since 2003 :heart:

Raul [ThE KuKa]
Style Customisations
Style Customisations
Name: Raul Arroyo

Post by Raul [ThE KuKa] »

Copy/paste code and/or "fragments" of code, and share this code "fragments" code with other users.
http://pastebin.com/
All unsolicited PMs will be ignored.
:warning: Knowledge Base | Documentation | Board rules | phpBB Styles Rules & Policies | Styles Queue Stats :warning:

If you like my styles, translations, etc. and want to show some appreciation, then feel free to Donate.
:flag_es: phpBB Spain - Online Since 2003 :heart:

gn#36
Translator

Post by gn#36 »

I have updated the Pastebin
  • The Deletion Cron Job should now actually do it's job
  • CAPTCHA capabilities added to protect from Bots
  • It is now possible to exclude certain entries from deletion (permission based)
German Support Team Member • http://www.phpbb.deMy Extensions in the CDBMy Extensions on Github • Contact with caos is inavoidable but no catastrophy if you keep an overview.
bonelifer
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Name: William

Post by bonelifer »

Feature request: Public/Private(unlinked, ie[not permissions based]only can be gotten to by someone whose been given the link) pastes link.
William Jacoby - Community Team
Knowledge Base | phpBB Board Rules | Search Customisation Database
Please don't contact me via PM or email for phpBB support .
gn#36
Translator

Post by gn#36 »

Interesting idea. I put that on my list.

I would basically say that this is almost already the case - I will only need a switch to disable the recent entries list on the right and replace the predictable ID in the link by some sort of hash. Then by disabling the list you have your hidden entries. There is no complete list of all entries anyways.
TWEagle

Re: [ALPHA] phpBB.de Pastebin

Post by TWEagle »

how must I include GeShi??
3Di
I've Been Banned!
Name: Marco

Post by 3Di »

Interesting extension, I will take in consideration porting as extension (dunno when) my pastebin MOD for phpBB 3.0.14 that lies unused (I will not share it though) into my local environment. Or maybe I will make some PRs to yours. Repository forked.

Regards.
🆓 Free support for our extensions also provided here: phpBB Studio
🚀 Looking for a specific feature or alternative option? We will rock you!
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx. Buy me a coffee -> Image
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user º Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades
gn#36
Translator

Post by gn#36 »

The_White_Eagle wrote:how must I include GeShi??
Use composer for this (https://getcomposer.org/download/).

Before uploading the extension to your webspace, unpack it in a local folder and cd to it with a shell (e.g. bash on linux or the windows shell in windows). Then, assuming you downloaded composer into the same folder, run php composer.phar install. That will download all necessary components for you. After that, you can simply upload the extension folder, which now includes a "vendor" dir, to your webspace. Of course you can run this on your webserver as well if you have shell access there.
3Di
I've Been Banned!

Post by 3Di »

Ah, ok. It is "based" on the 0.2.1 version of mine. Thanks for the credits. :)
BTW the latest was (is) 0.3.0.

Anyway, very good job you did, just I do not understand the reason why Geshi isn't included.
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user º Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades
gn#36
Translator

Post by gn#36 »

Yes it is, even though I didn't know there was a newer version than this. Feel free to send pull requests if you can improve something. Currently, the code is a little messy, though. There are several things in there multiple times.

Regarding geshi: It will be in all release packages. But I don't see a reason to include it in the repository if it can be auto-installed. This way, I can also easily test upgrading to a different geshi version by just telling it to install a new version of it. This is basically the exact same way phpBB itself is also dealing with dependencies.
Elias
Name: Elias

Post by Elias »

Very very nice extension! :!:
"Mystery creates wonder, and wonder is the basis of man's desire to understand." - Neil Armstrong
|Installing Extensions|Writing Extensions|Extension Validation Policy|
3Di
I've Been Banned!

Post by 3Di »

gn#36 wrote:Yes it is, even though I didn't know there was a newer version than this.
In fact, I did never published it. A lot of thing have been implemented since 0.2.1.

Like a collapsible moderation panel right on the top of the snippet, prune time frames like the original pastebin (1 day, 1 month, 3 months or NEVER) without a cron job though (does yours effectively works?),

Uses the original gesghi 1.0 and beyond ( here's my fork https://github.com/3D-I/geshi-1.0 ), permissions, configs and tables added, captcha for guests also added.. etc..
gn#36 wrote:Currently, the code is a little messy, though.
I see, no probs.
gn#36 wrote:Regarding geshi: It will be in all release packages. But I don't see a reason to include it in the repository if it can be auto-installed. This way, I can also easily test upgrading to a different geshi version by just telling it to install a new version of it. This is basically the exact same way phpBB itself is also dealing with dependencies.
Well, the latest geshi update was at 22 OCT 2014 :?

I don't know what to do now, perhaps it is simple to rewrite it from the scratch using your efforts or to make PRs, a good question. :)

Also because I am busy on another extension I would like to make it available sooner or later.
gn#36
Translator

Post by gn#36 »

The cron job should be fully functional, yes, and I basically offer the same options.

I don't know whether the variable names I chose work with that cronjob monitoring extension, though, but that is a minor thing that could obviously be easily changed.

Regarding Geshi: Well, it should also be easier to replace geshi with something else if I keep all the external code nice and separate inside that vendor dir. Makes it very clear what is external and what is not. Also, this way I don't have to fix any coding guideline violations reported by the extension prevalidator inside geshi when I turn it in for the Extension database.

Return to “Extensions in Development”