[Alpha]Tabbed Index

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Anti-Spam Guide
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
HiFiKabin
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Name: James

Re: [Alpha]Tabbed Index

Post by HiFiKabin » Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:10 pm

vipaka wrote:In index_body_markforums_after.html, make sure this

Code: Select all

data-skip-responsive="true"
is before the closing tag (>).

What's happened is that for some reason your forum is triggering the auto-tab generator (the three lines like quicklinks with a dropdown menu), but since I have forcefully disabled it from showing on this ext to allow for normal tabs, it is instead only showing you the first tab's forum and no options to switch between tabs. If you have the above line in the correct place, it should disable the auto-tab feature of 3.1 and allow normal tabs to show.
Its in place, and always has been. (I have been in that file so often I recognised it straight away)

Jessica
Former Team Member
Name: Jessica

Post by Jessica » Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:17 pm

How would we add stuff to the tabs and add new tabs without losing changes when we have to update?

Does this change the bottom of viewforum and topics to tabs too, like the mod does?
Please do not PM me for support unless it is absolutely necessary
Pro-choice, Atheist, Pro-LGBT rights

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid. - Albert Einstein

vipaka

Post by vipaka » Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:29 pm

Jessica wrote:How would we add stuff to the tabs and add new tabs without losing changes when we have to update?

Does this change the bottom of viewforum and topics to tabs too, like the mod does?
Updating a phpbb version shouldn't affect it. If you're talking about updating the extension to a later version, that might affect it depending on which files were changed by you and which ones by me. If you want to change the styling on one of the menus my best recommendation would be to create a separate file to store your changed files if such a situation arises (there are many programs which can compare changes between files). I also have all of my public phpbb mods up on github where pushes/pulls/forks are available to anyone who wants to contribute.

This changes the index page to tabs for both the forum and the whois, it does not change other pages (Tabbed Index only). If you wanted to put subforums into tabs too it would require some additional events, but wouldn't be too difficult to rig up using this ext as the basis.

Jessica
Former Team Member
Name: Jessica

Post by Jessica » Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:49 pm

vipaka wrote:
Jessica wrote:How would we add stuff to the tabs and add new tabs without losing changes when we have to update?

Updating a phpbb version shouldn't affect it. If you're talking about updating the extension to a later version, that might affect it depending on which files were changed by you and which ones by me. If you want to change the styling on one of the menus my best recommendation would be to create a separate file to store your changed files if such a situation arises (there are many programs which can compare changes between files). I also have all of my public phpbb mods up on github where pushes/pulls/forks are available to anyone who wants to contribute.

This changes the index page to tabs for both the forum and the whois, it does not change other pages (Tabbed Index only). If you wanted to put subforums into tabs too it would require some additional events, but wouldn't be too difficult to rig up using this ext as the basis.
Okay...but how would you add new tabs? If for example you add other extensions...like the "Legend of Icons" ext, for example, how would you put that in a new tab?

Since the mod version added tabs to both topic and forums, I think this ext should do the same (though you can make a separate ext I suppose...whatever you want)
Please do not PM me for support unless it is absolutely necessary
Pro-choice, Atheist, Pro-LGBT rights

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid. - Albert Einstein

vipaka

Post by vipaka » Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:46 am

Custom tab additions would have to be done by hand, if I modified the ext for every possible custom tab addition anyone could ever want I'd never have a finished ext. Thankfully, with the event system, its not overly difficult to figure out how to add more tabs. :) I can add a quick how to on the first page later.

TWEagle

Post by TWEagle » Thu Nov 26, 2015 6:02 pm

Can I also put the "tabbed index" (stats) in the footer so it is available in every page?

ninouee

Post by ninouee » Fri May 06, 2016 8:05 pm

Hello!

Your extension is a great idea . I test on my test week and I have an issue with .

The sub forums have become invisible.

However that is the online works very well.

Here is a screenshot of the problem:
My forum when it is normal http://i86.servimg.com/u/f86/10/06/29/69/qeelex10.jpg
With your extension http://i86.servimg.com/u/f86/10/06/29/69/qeelex11.jpg

Thank you

sgtevmckay

Post by sgtevmckay » Fri May 06, 2016 9:23 pm

I have to ask....

Would it be possible to include a tab for Board3 Portal
the portal being all the way to the left... first tab.

Is there a way to center the tabs row?

JJWife looking over my shoulder here asks for a way to add a custom tab then identify if at beginning or end of tab row???

Appreciate your hard word...thanks

ninouee

Post by ninouee » Tue May 17, 2016 8:06 pm

vipaka wrote:
HiFiKabin wrote:I've changed all references to tabs to tabr and ...
And that is correct if you did not want the forums to be tabbed, just the whois. If you also want the forums to be tabbed, you'll need to change every occurrence of .tabs to .newclassnameyouchose
Hello

In which files that change should he be made ​​to have only ine Abbe who is online ?

Want code for the who is online beside a picture for steel proformel ?

Have a good day.

Return to “Extensions in Development”