[CDB] National Flags

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Suggested Hosts
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
lopoto

Re: [DEV] National Flags

Post by lopoto »

after am instal , and delete the ext problem to show :cry:

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /phpbb/class_loader.php on line 160: require(./ext/rmcgirr83/elonw/event/listener.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /phpbb/class_loader.php on line 160: require(./ext/rmcgirr83/elonw/event/listener.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required './ext/rmcgirr83/elonw/event/listener.php' (include_path='.:/:/usr/local/php/pear5') in /phpbb/class_loader.php on line 160

problem is done :mrgreen:
spaceace

Post by spaceace »

RMcGirr83 wrote:It will no longer use those animated gif ones, that I can tell you. Care to share the pack of flags you have which assumes they are GPL (free to use).
they are animated and i honestly have no idea where i got them from :roll:

but it wouldn't be hard to take a still from them ;)
aurquiel

Post by aurquiel »

wmdcf

Post by wmdcf »

I dont see any flags on the forum and no setting section in extension tab :(
Can anyone post the sample site for preview.
Thanks in advance.
BF79
Name: Fouad B

Post by BF79 »

wmdcf wrote:I dont see any flags on the forum and no setting section in extension tab :(
Thanks in advance.
yeah the same.. nothing !!
david63

Post by david63 »

wmdcf wrote:I dont see any flags on the forum and no setting section in extension tab :(
Thanks in advance.
Did you read this?
RMcGirr83 wrote:This extension is not nearly complete. It is in dev and should not be installed on a live forum. Contributors are welcome! :)
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here
sp3ctre

Post by sp3ctre »

david63 wrote:
Thanks in advance.
Did you read this?
RMcGirr83 wrote:This extension is not nearly complete. It is in dev and should not be installed on a live forum. Contributors are welcome! :)
Come on guys, enough with the snarky comments... It is not unreasonable for a user installing the extension to at least expect to see something, even if it doesn't fully work. This looks like an empty extension at the moment, pending people contributing and working on it. This is not explained by "not nearly complete".

It's great that the first step has been made, but it needs to be more clear that at present there is nothing at all to see for someone installing it.
RMcGirr83
Former Team Member
Name: Rich McGirr

Post by RMcGirr83 »

I don't know how much clearer I need to make it by stating that this extension is in DEV...as in "in development". As well as providing language to that effect.

I honestly question why I continue to write up extensions if users can't be bothered to at least read and comprehend what it is they are reading.

There is nothing to see, there is nothing to do, there is simply nothing yet except for the ACP stuffs. Once the other items are taken care of, then wonders of wonders, the title of this topic will change from DEV to either ALPHA, BETA or RC.

If people keep posting that "there is nothing to see", "where can I choose a flag', etc...I will simply unsubscribe to this topic and ignore those questions.
Former Modifications/Extensions Team Member | My extensions | github | All requests for support via PM will be ignored
Appreciate the extensions/mods/support then buy me a beer Image
sp3ctre

Post by sp3ctre »

RMcGirr83 wrote:I don't know how much clearer I need to make it by stating that this extension is in DEV...as in "in development". As well as providing language to that effect.

I honestly question why I continue to write up extensions if users can't be bothered to at least read and comprehend what it is they are reading.

There is nothing to see, there is nothing to do, there is simply nothing yet except for the ACP stuffs. Once the other items are taken care of, then wonders of wonders, the title of this topic will change from DEV to either ALPHA, BETA or RC.

If people keep posting that "there is nothing to see", "where can I choose a flag', etc...I will simply unsubscribe to this topic and ignore those questions.
Maybe if you were clearer in the first place then people wouldn't be expecting to see something. If there was at least a menu in the back end listing flags but they didn't appear in viewtopic then that would not be a surprise for a DEV extension, but we don't even see that at this point.

Spitting the dummy about what people expect is not helping anyone...
RMcGirr83
Former Team Member
Name: Rich McGirr

Post by RMcGirr83 »

sp3ctre wrote:Spitting the dummy about what people expect is not helping anyone...
I have no idea what "spitting the dummy" means but this bantering back and forth isn't helping either...and I suggest that everyone bones up on what "DEV" means.

I am now done with this topic until the extension is in a more "non-DEV" state.
Former Modifications/Extensions Team Member | My extensions | github | All requests for support via PM will be ignored
Appreciate the extensions/mods/support then buy me a beer Image
martin123456
I've Been Banned!

Post by martin123456 »

RMcGirr83 wrote:
This extension is not nearly complete. It is in dev and should not be installed on a live forum. Contributors are welcome! :)
What does the red text tell me hmm lets have a think

Oh it tells me that RMcGirr83 is letting us know he has started work on the ext and not to install it but we can follow his work via the github link he has supplied :lol:

In other words for the less simple minded person do not install yet.

Code: Select all

<!-- IF S_CODE_UNTIDY and S_MESS_ON_INDEX Good If_Not_TIDY_Then_SUBMIT -->
sp3ctre

Post by sp3ctre »

martin123456 wrote:
What does the red text tell me hmm lets have a think

Oh it tells me that RMcGirr83 is letting us know he has started work on the ext and not to install it but we can follow his work via the github link he has supplied :lol:

In other words for the less simple minded person do not install yet.
"Not nearly complete" does not mean "nothing to see"... All I said is perhaps more clarity would be a good thing... I have not seen an extension posted before where you install it and it does absolutely nothing. Most of the time they have at least got it to do something before posting the link on the forum.
HiFiKabin
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Name: James

Post by HiFiKabin »

[DEV] - Extension is listed as in Development stage. #
  • Extension Development Requirements
    • The Extensions in Development forum is not meant as a release forum. The purpose of this forum is to be a step in the development process for extension authors to receive feedback on their extensions so that a more complete extension is submitted to the Customisation Database. Extensions posted must be posted with the intent of the extension author to submit the extension to the Customisation Database.
from https://www.phpbb.com/extensions/rules- ... ent-rules/

Its not exactly rocket science it figure out what it means
sp3ctre

Post by sp3ctre »

HiFiKabin wrote:
[DEV] - Extension is listed as in Development stage. #
  • Extension Development Requirements
    • The Extensions in Development forum is not meant as a release forum. The purpose of this forum is to be a step in the development process for extension authors to receive feedback on their extensions so that a more complete extension is submitted to the Customisation Database. Extensions posted must be posted with the intent of the extension author to submit the extension to the Customisation Database.
from https://www.phpbb.com/extensions/rules- ... ent-rules/

Its not exactly rocket science it figure out what it means
I totally agree, and on the one hand it says "not meant as a release forum", but on the other hand it says "process for extension authors to receive feedback". If the extension has not even reached the point where it does anything then people can't give feedback.

I was only suggesting a bit more clarity than "not nearly finished" might be useful to set people's expectations about what they may (or may not) see once it's been installed.
dmzx

Post by dmzx »

Be patience it will come..
Contact me on dmzx-web.net
Buy me a beer Donate and try binance.com or try CentOS Web Panel

Return to “Extensions in Development”