[CDB] Topic Solved

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Scam Warning
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
bpetty
Name: Bryan Petty

Re: [RC] Topic Solved

Post by bpetty » Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:30 pm

hiiambo wrote:I've got the extension turned on and working, however I'm missing the icons from the button. It's just showing up as blank - I'm using a custom theme that is based off of prosilver so I'd assume that's why it is partially working. I tried adding some css into my custom.css that assigns a CSS icon to the value but that didn't seem to work. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!
The style author (KomiDesign) has added support for the Subway style. This will be in 2.0.0.

BobW2008

Post by BobW2008 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:14 pm

I may have screwed up:

I just upgraded my forum to 2.0.0rc-1 and.... during the process of uninstalling, I deleted all of the data, then copied the new RC file in. I checked my forums and none of the previously [SOLVED] topics were no longer marked [SOLVED] they were however, LOCKED.

I am assuming I screwed up by deleting the data and that removed any history of the previously [SOLVED] topics.

Any suggestions on how I easily can correct this? I did notice that when I went back to a previously solved topic and then marked it solved, it is then displayed correctly. The rub is that I have roughly 700 topics in two forums and marking all of them manually would be....

bpetty

Post by bpetty » Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:42 pm

BobW2008 wrote:I am assuming I screwed up by deleting the data and that removed any history of the previously [SOLVED] topics.
That's correct. Deleting the data removes all of the new database columns that the extension added during installation, which includes the information about which posts have solved which topics, and which topics have been marked as solved.

There's no way to restore this unless you have been maintaining backups of your own forums.

Locking topics is a core phpBB feature though, so that action is persistent with your forums.

BobW2008

Post by BobW2008 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:48 pm

bpetty wrote:
BobW2008 wrote:I am assuming I screwed up by deleting the data and that removed any history of the previously [SOLVED] topics.
That's correct. Deleting the data removes all of the new database columns that the extension added during installation, which includes the information about which posts have solved which topics, and which topics have been marked as solved.

There's no way to restore this unless you have been maintaining backups of your own forums.

Locking topics is a core phpBB feature though, so that action is persistent with your forums.
I am my worst enemy.

Would be possible to modify the db directly and have the same effect? Luckily, all of the topics in the forum that need to be marked [SOLVED] are already locked. I didn't know if it would be possible to search the db for the specific forum and flag all locked topics as solved.

bpetty

Post by bpetty » Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:03 pm

BobW2008 wrote:I didn't know if it would be possible to search the db for the specific forum and flag all locked topics as solved.
You still wouldn't be able to restore exactly which post in the thread was the "solution" post, but you could manually mark the opening post in all locked threads as the solution post, and it would mark them all as solved. Something like this:

WARNING: Don't run this unless you know what you're doing. It will overwrite all solved topic data!

Code: Select all

UPDATE phpbb_topics SET topic_solved = topic_first_post_id WHERE topic_status = 1

BobW2008

Post by BobW2008 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:24 pm

I think that will do the trick. We just need to be able to visually see in a list which items are still unsolved.

Thanks.

Komanche

Post by Komanche » Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:04 pm

Hi bpetty,
I was ill, does new version (since 1.9.0) include setting all topics to "topic-solved"-enabled?

THanks

Miri4ever

Post by Miri4ever » Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:33 am

I don't find anything at my board where to set topics as solved. Also nothing in moderations panel. I can setup the color and text inside the forum admin but don't see anything while browsing topics or forums inside the moderators panel to choose.
Homepage: Terra Oceanica

bpetty

Post by bpetty » Sat Mar 07, 2015 7:37 pm

Miri4ever wrote:I don't find anything at my board where to set topics as solved. Also nothing in moderations panel. I can setup the color and text inside the forum admin but don't see anything while browsing topics or forums inside the moderators panel to choose.
Individual posts are marked as the solution to a topic, so you'll find the "Mark solved" checkmark button alongside the rest of the post buttons (like Quote, Report, Edit, etc):

bpetty

Post by bpetty » Sat Mar 07, 2015 7:39 pm

Komanche wrote:I was ill, does new version (since 1.9.0) include setting all topics to "topic-solved"-enabled?
No, just helping BobW2008 with his specific problem. That's not a planned feature, just a hack to partially restore his lost data.

pikachuturkey
Name: Rıza

Post by pikachuturkey » Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:41 pm

İ added Turkish (Türkçe) translation of "Topic Solved (version 2.0.0-rc1)" extension to Github (username: denizlikoyu - pikachuturkey)
İ couldn't add file here, attachment option is not avaible at this topic.
Health For Everyone ==> www.saglikforum.org

bpetty

Post by bpetty » Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:59 am

pikachuturkey wrote:İ added Turkish (Türkçe) translation of "Topic Solved (version 2.0.0-rc1)" extension to Github (username: denizlikoyu - pikachuturkey)
Thanks, I've pulled it into this PR:
https://github.com/tierra/topicsolved/pull/14

It will be included shortly.

Raul [ThE KuKa]
Style Customisations
Style Customisations
Name: Raul Arroyo

Post by Raul [ThE KuKa] » Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:43 pm

@ bpetty, tested in two forums, and nice job. ;)
All unsolicited PMs will be ignored.
:warning: Knowledge Base | Documentation | Board rules | phpBB Styles Rules & Policies :warning:

If you like my styles, translations, etc. and want to show some appreciation, then feel free to Donate with Image
:flag_es: phpBB Spain - Online Since 2003 :heart:

bpetty

Post by bpetty » Sun Mar 08, 2015 5:54 pm

Thanks, I definitely appreciate the extra help testing.

systemcrack

Post by systemcrack » Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:35 am

Hello, I have tried to install your extension, but I get this message and can not complete the installation.

"The extension selected can not be activated, check the requirements of the extension."

I have tried both the extension upload extension, either manually, but to no avail.

The route is ext/tierra/topicsolved

Can you help me please.
Sorry for my bad English ..

Return to “Extensions in Development”