[RC] Teamspeak Viewer EXT

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Scam Warning
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
Sippan
Registered User
Posts: 173
Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:23 am
Contact:

Re: [beta] Teamspeak Viewer EXT

Post by Sippan » Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:06 pm

This ext is only for own running websites and teamspeak servers on same machine...had a talk to my webhost
and they do not open any ports for just fit this ext....
i did download page extasion and did put in tsviewer script and thats cool

Tecwar
Registered User
Posts: 42
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:45 pm

Re: [beta] Teamspeak Viewer EXT

Post by Tecwar » Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:25 pm

Sippan wrote:This ext is only for own running websites and teamspeak servers on same machine...had a talk to my webhost
.....l
the webserver and teamspeak server on 2 different servers works only with correctly firewall settings

Sippan
Registered User
Posts: 173
Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:23 am
Contact:

Re: [beta] Teamspeak Viewer EXT

Post by Sippan » Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:40 pm

I understand that but when they dont wont to change ...?
you should have something that work around it

Sippan
Registered User
Posts: 173
Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:23 am
Contact:

Re: [beta] Teamspeak Viewer EXT

Post by Sippan » Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:42 pm

i did set up my own localhost and a ts server and your ext looks great...
so i hope you have some thing in your back pocket ;) to solve many of our problems

Tecwar
Registered User
Posts: 42
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:45 pm

Re: [beta] Teamspeak Viewer EXT

Post by Tecwar » Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:54 pm

please notice that your web own webserver also has ports.
If you use external scripts (running on external server) to test the ports,
then it will succeed because the external server has the ports open,
but this doesn't mean that the ports are open on your web server.
Could you please check if the ports on your web server are open and no firewall or similar interferes.
As example you want to go from point A (your webserver) to point B (TS) but your port on A is locked than this doesn't work.
If you go from point C (server where the external script is running) to B this works fine.
This is because the ports on C are open but are closed on A


Checklist if you encounter connection problems to the teamspeak-server
  1. Check if the teamspeak ports are open
    • Default voice port (UDP): 9987
    • Default filetransfer port (TCP): 30033
    • Default serverquery port (TCP): 10011
  2. Ensure that you have an entry in the query_ip_whitelist.txt
  3. Ensure that the query-client has sufficient privileges (this is mostly the case for teamspeak hosters)
  4. Ensure that you teamspeak settings are normal
    • Please note: only IPs work in section "teamspeak host IP". For example use "127.0.0.1" not "localhost"

Sippan
Registered User
Posts: 173
Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:23 am
Contact:

Re: [beta] Teamspeak Viewer EXT

Post by Sippan » Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:17 pm

Ok Tell me what my webhost should change to get this to work...

User avatar
wkuzma
Registered User
Posts: 389
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:18 pm
Contact:

Re: [beta] Teamspeak Viewer EXT

Post by wkuzma » Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:49 pm

John connor wrote:
wkuzma wrote:
John connor wrote:I was interested in running this extension and have waited for things to be ironed out first before I installed, but I'm using a shared host and after reading the problem above I bet the server blocks the TS port and I bet the query port and file transfer port. I wonder if I can ask them to open those ports. Not sure. I am on a dedicated IP address.
I use shared hatchling from hostgator and was told the only way they can open port 10011 is if I upgrade my service.

What kind of upgrade? VPS?

At that point I'd just buy a Teamspeak server from a host.

I have my own TS server at home, but I'd rather have a private IP server.
Not the teamspeak sever my web site host they will only open port 10011 if I upgrade from a shared host to a non shared host. I also run my teamspeak server at home and am now using gametracker to display ts on my web site.

User avatar
John connor
Registered User
Posts: 2254
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:14 pm
Location: U S Of A
Name: Aaron
Contact:

Re: [beta] Teamspeak Viewer EXT

Post by John connor » Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:01 pm

On my home Team Speak server I have changed the default ports. Is it possible to change the ports in this extension?

User avatar
JohnDory
Registered User
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:09 pm
Location: Cornwall, England
Name: Mike
Contact:

Re: [beta] Teamspeak Viewer EXT

Post by JohnDory » Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:10 pm

yes.
in the extensions menu in the acp.

User avatar
wkuzma
Registered User
Posts: 389
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:18 pm
Contact:

Re: [beta] Teamspeak Viewer EXT

Post by wkuzma » Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:54 pm

just to keep all informed
I use hostgator and have a shared plan with them and was first told this when I inquired about port 10011
I use shared hatchling from hostgator and was told the only way they can open port 10011 is if I upgrade my service.
Well I submitted a support ticket explaining why I needed that port open and today they sent me a message stating they opened the port for me (no upgrade needed) and I am happy to say this extension is now working perfectly on my test system.

User avatar
John connor
Registered User
Posts: 2254
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:14 pm
Location: U S Of A
Name: Aaron
Contact:

Re: [beta] Teamspeak Viewer EXT

Post by John connor » Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:59 am

wkuzma wrote:just to keep all informed
I use hostgator and have a shared plan with them and was first told this when I inquired about port 10011
I use shared hatchling from hostgator and was told the only way they can open port 10011 is if I upgrade my service.
Well I submitted a support ticket explaining why I needed that port open and today they sent me a message stating they opened the port for me (no upgrade needed) and I am happy to say this extension is now working perfectly on my test system.

Even the filetransfer and query ports?

User avatar
wkuzma
Registered User
Posts: 389
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:18 pm
Contact:

Re: [beta] Teamspeak Viewer EXT

Post by wkuzma » Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:36 pm

John connor wrote:
wkuzma wrote:just to keep all informed
I use hostgator and have a shared plan with them and was first told this when I inquired about port 10011
I use shared hatchling from hostgator and was told the only way they can open port 10011 is if I upgrade my service.
Well I submitted a support ticket explaining why I needed that port open and today they sent me a message stating they opened the port for me (no upgrade needed) and I am happy to say this extension is now working perfectly on my test system.

Even the filetransfer and query ports?
just the extension, to make it work on my web site which is on hostgator
the teamspeak server is on my server at home. (i guess I wasn't clear on that, sorry)

Sippan
Registered User
Posts: 173
Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:23 am
Contact:

Re: [beta] Teamspeak Viewer EXT

Post by Sippan » Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:41 pm

Now they open my port 10011 also and it works :D :D

ccogni
Registered User
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:17 pm

Re: [beta] Teamspeak Viewer EXT

Post by ccogni » Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:19 pm

Is there any chance a future version could allow us to disable the refresh button on the viewer page? My site is constantly being floodbanned despite having the cache setting at 10 minutes because the refresh button is being used too often.

Tecwar
Registered User
Posts: 42
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:45 pm

Re: [beta] Teamspeak Viewer EXT

Post by Tecwar » Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:57 pm

ccogni wrote:Is there any chance a future version could allow us to disable the refresh button on the viewer page? My site is constantly being floodbanned despite having the cache setting at 10 minutes because the refresh button is being used too often.
think this is feasible for next version

Post Reply

Return to “Extensions in Development”