[ABD] [BETA] Report to Topic

Any abandoned Extensions will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Extension Development Forum rules

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
david63

Re: [BETA] Report to Topic

Post by david63 »

In my opinion that is what moderators are for
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here
systemcrack

Post by systemcrack »

Well in this way make more users participate as well! Also as I said before you can add a setting from acp to decide which groups could be allowed to report.
It would still be a good help for the moderators. For small forum with little staff would be a godsend! ;)
Sorry for my bad English ..
david63

Post by david63 »

systemcrack wrote:Well in this way make more users participate as well! Also as I said before you can add a setting from acp to decide which groups could be allowed to report.
It would still be a good help for the moderators. For small forum with little staff would be a godsend! ;)
I think that we are going to have to agree to disagree on this point.
David

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here
david63

Post by david63 »

Although not in the download yet I have two additional features working as options:

1. You can lock the topic when the report is closed (requires a new event).
2. You can hide the link to the report in viewtopic.

======================================================================

Now a question for those who use this extension - do you need the ability to amend the templates or could I "hard code" the format with the ability to change the wording via language files? The issue that I have at the moment is that this extension effectively is using hard coded language which is not allowed.
David

Puchahawa
Name: Randy

Post by Puchahawa »

I'm ok with the format the way you have it. 8-)
systemcrack

Post by systemcrack »

david63 wrote:Although not in the download yet I have two additional features working as options:

1. You can lock the topic when the report is closed (requires a new event).
2. You can hide the link to the report in viewtopic.

======================================================================

Now a question for those who use this extension - do you need the ability to amend the templates or could I "hard code" the format with the ability to change the wording via language files? The issue that I have at the moment is that this extension effectively is using hard coded language which is not allowed.
Ok no problem.. you write the extension... so you decide ;) I had this modification on my old forum and what you assume, never happened, but I have never exceeded 300 members, so I do not text. Thanks anyway for lost time reading my ideas and answered to me.
Have a nice day
Sorry for my bad English ..
swt4ajp

Post by swt4ajp »

What may also be a good idea for the back burner is to merge any existing reports together (saves on duplicates)

So say before the mods/ I come online and there is a spammer and 10 members have reported the spam post
The duplicate reports gets merged into a single thread (possibly say within a x minute window if x reports created merge x y z & 1 together into 1 thread)
web admin at several websites including
http://blackburnnet.co.uk
http://gamesunited.eu
david63

Post by david63 »

swt4ajp wrote:What may also be a good idea for the back burner is to merge any existing reports together (saves on duplicates)

So say before the mods/ I come online and there is a spammer and 10 members have reported the spam post
The duplicate reports gets merged into a single thread (possibly say within a x minute window if x reports created merge x y z & 1 together into 1 thread)
I have always been of the opinion, and it has been my experience, that a post can only be reported once therefore there would be nothing to merge
David

swt4ajp

Post by swt4ajp »

david63 wrote:
swt4ajp wrote:What may also be a good idea for the back burner is to merge any existing reports together (saves on duplicates)

I have always been of the opinion, and it has been my experience, that a post can only be reported once therefore there would be nothing to merge
I like that idea :)
web admin at several websites including
http://blackburnnet.co.uk
http://gamesunited.eu
Puchahawa
Name: Randy

Post by Puchahawa »

david63 wrote:I have always been of the opinion, and it has been my experience, that a post can only be reported once therefore there would be nothing to merge
In testing this extension that has been my experience also. If you try to report a post that has already been reported the board tells you so and your brought back to the topic.
Raul [ThE KuKa]
Style Customisations
Style Customisations
Name: Raul Arroyo

Post by Raul [ThE KuKa] »

"PR" Spanish translation ready. ;)
All unsolicited PMs will be ignored.
:warning: Knowledge Base | Documentation | Board rules | phpBB Styles Rules & Policies | Styles Queue Stats :warning:

If you like my styles, translations, etc. and want to show some appreciation, then feel free to Donate.
:flag_es: phpBB Spain - Online Since 2003 :heart:

peteetongman

Post by peteetongman »

worked well with 3.1.3, seems to have stopped working after upgrade to 3.1.4

not complaining, just trying to help :-)
david63

Post by david63 »

peteetongman wrote:worked well with 3.1.3, seems to have stopped working after upgrade to 3.1.4

I don't know how yd the update but if you did a full file replacement did you reapply the edit in the second post?
David

peteetongman

Post by peteetongman »

david63 wrote:
peteetongman wrote:worked well with 3.1.3, seems to have stopped working after upgrade to 3.1.4

I don't know how yd the update but if you did a full file replacement did you reapply the edit in the second post?
I did not do the edit when I upgraded, maybe that's the problem. To be honest I don't remember doing it when I was still on 3.1.3, but if it is required I guess I did
david63

Post by david63 »

It certainly is until I can get the event into the core
David

Return to “Abandoned Extensions”