[BETA] Report to Topic

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Suggested Hosts
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
david63
Jr. Extension Validator
Name: David Wood

Re: [BETA] Report to Topic

Post by david63 » Fri Apr 03, 2015 5:55 pm

Korkel wrote:I've tried set it up, but reports don't get posted in a forum.
Have you added the event?
Puchahawa wrote:Any other ideas?
I doubt that it is another extension that is causing the problem. As I said before the error is something to do with a file on your board.

I know it is no consolation but I have run this many times without that error.
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!
My CDB Contributions | How to install an extension
I will not be accepting translations for any of my extensions in Github - please post any translations in the appropriate topic.
No support requests via PM or email as they will be ignored

Korkel
Name: Liz Aalderink

Post by Korkel » Fri Apr 03, 2015 5:58 pm

Code: Select all

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/message_parser.php on line 24: include(includes/bbcode.): failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/message_parser.php on line 24: include(): Failed opening 'includes/bbcode.' for inclusion (include_path='.:/opt/alt/php55/usr/share/pear:/opt/alt/php55/usr/share/php')
"If you lose your left arm, your right arm will be left."
“The most important property of a program is whether it accomplishes the intention of its user.”

Puchahawa
Name: Randy

Post by Puchahawa » Fri Apr 03, 2015 6:44 pm

Try, try and try again. :lol:

I replaced the core files of the board with the fresh downloaded 3.1.3 files except .htaccess and config.php along with the ext folder. then cleared the boards cache. figured that if I replaced the two files the error talked about and still had a problem maybe it was another file somewhere.

The error went away and the reports showed in the notifications. But the report post wasn't showing up in the designated forum. Remembered that with new files the edit to the report.php file was gone. So I added that again and tested. Error returns.

david63
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by david63 » Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:09 pm

OK - I have been able to recreate the problem but, at the moment I do not know what the answer is.

It's late so I will look into it tomorrow.
David
I will not be accepting translations for any of my extensions in Github - please post any translations in the appropriate topic.

david63
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by david63 » Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:37 am

I will hold my hand up - it was my fault :oops: . Thinking back I had that error when I was working on the extension and in order to move on I did a "quick and dirty fix" and then forgot to go back and deal with it. :oops:

Anyway new version uploaded to resolve that problem.
David

Korkel
Name: Liz Aalderink

Post by Korkel » Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:38 am

Thank you David! :mrgreen:
"If you lose your left arm, your right arm will be left."
“The most important property of a program is whether it accomplishes the intention of its user.”

Puchahawa

Post by Puchahawa » Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:26 pm

Good job David! It's working as it's meant to.

Ignore this: My notifications link vanished.

Seems to be an issue with Aero style as the notification link is there in Prosilver. Had to remove that style and add it again. All is good.

Puchahawa

Post by Puchahawa » Sat Apr 04, 2015 4:32 pm

Follow up question. Now that the ext is creating the report to post topics as desired is it possible to have the notifications bring us to the topic rather than to the MCP post report?

david63
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by david63 » Sat Apr 04, 2015 4:39 pm

Puchahawa wrote:Follow up question. Now that the ext is creating the report to post topics as desired is it possible to have the notifications bring us to the topic rather than to the MCP post report?
I will look into that - but not sure
David

Puchahawa

Post by Puchahawa » Sat Apr 04, 2015 4:42 pm

Thanks David. :D

systemcrack

Post by systemcrack » Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:59 pm

continuing the speech made here
is exactly .. also giving the opportunity to the detector can also add a commentary, but also that it is possible send the message without specifying anything.
The reporting also would be sent only to the author of the post via mp.

Thinking so cold you could even differentiate the reports made by the staff and those performed by user .. but I'll settle for the first part. ;)

If you want a concrete example, you can try this mod abandoned (working on board 3.0.12), that comes very close to that of which I speak.. as mentioned earlier I would change only the position of the command.. I would add a button close to edit posts, quotas, etc.
and watch here:
viewtopic.php?f=496&t=2307031

I hope I have been somewhat helpful ;)
Sorry for my bad English ..

peteetongman

Post by peteetongman » Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:15 pm

works good for me so far david63. we were essentially doing this same function manually, but boy what a PITA it was

thanks

swt4ajp

Post by swt4ajp » Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:54 am

I like it! thank you for doing it!

one question, the reason for wanting this is to be able to get rid of the MCP or at least the need for reports. Is there a way to be able to disable the reports in the MCP? and also remove bar that says view this in MCP?
web admin at several websites including
http://blackburnnet.co.uk
http://gamesunited.eu

david63
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by david63 » Sun Apr 05, 2015 2:34 pm

systemcrack wrote:continuing the speech made here
is exactly .. also giving the opportunity to the detector can also add a commentary, but also that it is possible send the message without specifying anything.
The reporting also would be sent only to the author of the post via mp.)
I don't think that I like this idea as I can see it doing more harm than good.

Would you want/need the topic author to know that a spam posting had been reported?
You could have a situation where one member of the forum was maliciously reporting posts of another member also it would not be practical for the report submitter to decide these options when they report a post.
swt4ajp wrote:one question, the reason for wanting this is to be able to get rid of the MCP or at least the need for reports. Is there a way to be able to disable the reports in the MCP? and also remove bar that says view this in MCP?
That would be too much of a core change and I cannot see why you would want to get rid of the MCP.

======================================================

I am currently looking at the possibility of the following:
  • An option to lock a report topic when the report is closed/deleted.
  • Rewriting the templates so that they do not use hard coded language
  • Fixing the links to go to the topic rather than the report.
David

systemcrack

Post by systemcrack » Sun Apr 05, 2015 6:59 pm

david63 wrote: Would you want/need the topic author to know that a spam posting had been reported?
You could have a situation where one member of the forum was maliciously reporting posts of another member also it would not be practical for the report submitter to decide these options when they report a post.
Maybe I have not explained well .. with this mod a user may signal that something to the author in his post should not be (a link that no longer works, an image that is no longer visible, an error ...). I think it is very useful to report authors an anything wrong .. this to help them keep their updated articles and always active. What's worse than a post with a link does not work .. or a screen you can not see? If you write below the author does not receive any notification .. so doing will be notified and will fix it in time. I hope I have been clearer now. Maybe you could put the permissions so that you can decide whether these reports can be sent from all or only by the staff.
Sorry for my bad English ..

Return to “Extensions in Development”