[CDB] Youtube Videos Gallery

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Suggested Hosts
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
Dhuan

Re: [DEV] Youtube Videos Gallery

Post by Dhuan »

Cn IChange permissions so only administrators can create video
Cyperoptics

Post by Cyperoptics »

This was very good mod for 3.0. However, now it asks for google API key where this was not case before on 3.0. But oh well. It's good to see updates being done.
noth

Post by noth »

In the sidebar on the left, expand APIs & auth. Next, click APIs. Select the Enabled APIs link in the API section to see a list of all your enabled APIs. Make sure that the API is on the list of enabled APIs. If you have not enabled it, select the API from the list of APIs, then select the Enable API button for the API.
4. In the sidebar on the left, select Credentials.
5. This API supports two types of credentials. Create whichever credentials are appropriate for your project:
•OAuth: Your application must send an OAuth 2.0 token with any request that accesses private user data. Your application sends a client ID and, possibly, a client secret to obtain a token. You can generate OAuth 2.0 credentials for web applications, service accounts, or installed applications.

To create an OAuth 2.0 token, click Create new Client ID, provide the required information where requested, and click Create Client ID.

You can generate OAuth 2.0 credentials for web applications, service accounts, or installed applications

not easy to do

idiot's guide would be marvellous, I will try and do one :D
_Vinny_
Style Customisations
Style Customisations
Name: Marcus Vinicius

Post by _Vinny_ »

noth wrote:
In the sidebar on the left, expand APIs & auth. Next, click APIs. Select the Enabled APIs link in the API section to see a list of all your enabled APIs. Make sure that the API is on the list of enabled APIs. If you have not enabled it, select the API from the list of APIs, then select the Enable API button for the API.
4. In the sidebar on the left, select Credentials.
5. This API supports two types of credentials. Create whichever credentials are appropriate for your project:
•OAuth: Your application must send an OAuth 2.0 token with any request that accesses private user data. Your application sends a client ID and, possibly, a client secret to obtain a token. You can generate OAuth 2.0 credentials for web applications, service accounts, or installed applications.

To create an OAuth 2.0 token, click Create new Client ID, provide the required information where requested, and click Create Client ID.

You can generate OAuth 2.0 credentials for web applications, service accounts, or installed applications

not easy to do

idiot's guide would be marvellous, I will try and do one :D
Simple example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7kDyzrSHPE
Raul [ThE KuKa]
Style Customisations
Style Customisations
Name: Raul Arroyo

Post by Raul [ThE KuKa] »

Thanks _Vinny_
All unsolicited PMs will be ignored.
:warning: Knowledge Base | Documentation | Board rules | phpBB Styles Rules & Policies | Styles Queue Stats :warning:

If you like my styles, translations, etc. and want to show some appreciation, then feel free to Donate.
:flag_es: phpBB Spain - Online Since 2003 :heart:

uruguayito

Post by uruguayito »

very clear explication

tks Vinny
I speak spanish
Sorry for my bad english
noth

Post by noth »

that is perfect :D

.. and .. What I like about this ext!

The admin can decide if guests can see the gallery and / or see the videos. The ext already sets up permissions that allow your reg. users to post videos but if you prefer you can change that, possibly (as I did) set that to NO for posting and then ….. in another group set posting to YES so your trusted members only can post their videos.
The EXT also allows you to decide if the person who posted the video can later delete it. Very good!

What this EXT does that the Mod didn’t. You yourself have to set up an API key, (see Youtube above) but the good news is, once you’ve got it, you can use that 1 key across as many of your forums as you like, so at least that’s a plus.
The EXT is certainly as good as the MOD but the old problem is still there, it hasn’t gone away and is certainly beyond the control of any phpBB coder either. The Video Gallery always starts out the same way! PRISTINE! Looks magnificent doesn’t it! Fast Forward a month – and by then how many of your prized videos in your prized Gallery are now still working? Is it littered with black screens? “The author deleted this video” “The video breaches copyright in this country” and various other “error” messages that all lead to one brutal category! VIDEO NO LONGER PLAYS! Never mind, that aspect is a sad truth, but one that we just have to live with! With a bit of luck you’ll only see a few of your videos ‘cancelled’ in this manner.

Overall, a great addition for 3.1 :mrgreen:
dmzx

Post by dmzx »

First post updated.

Translators see new file ;)
Contact me on dmzx-web.net
Buy me a beer Donate and try binance.com or try CentOS Web Panel
tahoebuff
Name: Michael

Post by tahoebuff »

In ACP-Video Settings:

Enable video statics on index

should be:

Enable video [b]statistics[/b] on index
_Vinny_
Style Customisations
Style Customisations
Name: Marcus Vinicius

Post by _Vinny_ »

tahoebuff wrote:In ACP-Video Settings:

should be:

Fixed. https://github.com/dmzx/youtubegallery/ ... c3719235e8

Thanks. ;)
Mess
Name: Kim

Post by Mess »

Anyone have a big gallery which is view-able by guests? I would like to see how its feels in a big gallery.
tahoebuff
Name: Michael

Post by tahoebuff »

_Vinny_ wrote:
tahoebuff wrote:In ACP-Video Settings:

should be:

Fixed. https://github.com/dmzx/youtubegallery/ ... c3719235e8

Thanks. ;)
You're Welcome...

I see some good uses for this. It would be nice to have a "Lightbox" option available. Also, maybe an ablility to hide the below links (BBcode) and such and place within a button like smilies are in mchat.
cece74

Post by cece74 »

If I enter the dimensions and hit enter, and you reset the video you see very small. How can I fix? Thank you.

EDIT:
Solved! Thanks dmzx ! :D
dualznz

Post by dualznz »

Hi loving this plugin on the theme that im using the "Videos" link appears on the right hand side, how can i tell it to be on the left side of the navigation?
dualznz

Post by dualznz »

dualznz wrote:Hi loving this plugin on the theme that im using the "Videos" link appears on the right hand side, how can i tell it to be on the left side of the navigation?
ok NVM i figured it out.

Return to “Extensions in Development”