Description: Adds a 'Mark post unread' button to each post in viewtopic.php, adds a 'Mark forums read' link to the 'Unread posts' search results and optionally changes the 'Unread posts' search link text to either 'No unread posts' or 'Unread posts in X topics'.
This extension uses code of asinshesq's MOD View or mark unread posts for phpBB 3.0. Thanks goes to him for assisting in porting it to a 3.1 extension. Also I would like to thank Wolfsblvt who helped requesting and implementing the necessary events for this extension.
- Quick links
- Configuration page in the ACP
- Copy the contents of the archive to
Make sure the file
- Navigate to the ACP » Customise » Manage extensions page.
- Click Enable next to Mark Post Unread in the Disabled Extensions section.
- 2015-05-07 v1.0.0 released
- 2015-12-07 v1.0.1 released
- Added option to disable "Mark forums read" on search results page (thought I had committed the code for this to v1.0.0 but I forgot)
- Added error check that prevents enabling the "Mark post unread" button if server-side topic marking is disabled
- Fixed wording of ACP preferences
- 2016-01-13 v1.0.2 released
- Removed 'Mark all posts read' link on search result page. phpBB 3.1.7 has the link included by default in the prosilver style.
- Removed BOM from ACP module file
- Extension status bumped to RC
- 2017-01-25 v1.1.0 released
- Compatible with phpBB 3.2.x
- Added permission to control who is allowed to mark posts unread (thanks dmzx)
- Improved performance when including mark unread button
- Fixed updating of Unread posts search link
- Converted template files to Twig syntax
- Updated description in composer.json
- 2017-04-27 v1.1.1 released