Description: Allows to differenciate between the first post in a topic and replies for edit rights. Also adds an permission to allow users to bypass the maximum edit time on a per-forum basis (also separate first post / replies). Thus, the topic poster could be permitted to change the first post while he is not permitted to change replies. Or he could be permitted to change the first post of the topic indefinitely while he can only edit his replies for two days or so.
Current version of the extension: 1.2.1 [final]
- phpBB 3.1.3-RC1 or newer
- Splits the edit permission for the first post in a topic into a separate permission. The regular edit permission is renamed and applies only to replies.
- The permission "can edit own posts" is renamed to "can edit own replies"
- A new permission "can edit first post of own topics" is added, which controls the permission to change the first post of a topic.
- Both permissions are required to retain the old behavior.
- Permits to bypass the maximum edit time. This is configurable separately for the first post of a topic and replies.
- A new permission "Can bypass max edit time in first post of own topics" is added.
- A new permission "Can bypass max edit time for own replies" is added.
- Both permissions bypass the maximum edit time that was configured in the board setting for their respective post types. This does not affect the edit permission settings - these permissions are without function if no edit rights are present.
- All of these permissions are forum permissions. They only apply to a users own posts and do not permit editing of other users posts. They do not grant the users moderator permissions.
- Configuration is done using regular forum based permissions.
- Upon installation, all permissions are configured in such a way that no existing behavior is changed: No user is permitted to bypass the maximum edit time, all users with edit permissions are granted the permission to edit the first post accordingly.
- No new features
Yellow: changed right - before: "can edit own posts"
Red: new rights
German "de" version:
(many thanks to LukeWCS)
Customization DB: https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/exte ... tpostedit/
Please report errors on github: https://github.com/gn36/phpbb-ext-firstpostedit/issues
Please also Send Pull Requests for translations to github.