[3.2][BETA] [3.1] gn36 - Hookup

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Ideas Centre
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
Mohammed AlSarsawi

Re: [RC] gn36 - Hookup

Post by Mohammed AlSarsawi » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:36 am

I still didn't finish the translation
I translate some texts for testing only on localhost phpBB 3.1
but i will complete it with your update for phpBB 3.2

http://www.filedropper.com/ar_6

Are the texts valid text representations of the date picked?
yes it's OK
but we don't use this digits so if you can make it never change
this will be better

Mauron

Post by Mauron » Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:57 am

Congratulations for making it into CDB!

gn#36
Translator

Post by gn#36 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:44 pm

Thank you.

I will now re-use this topic for the update to phpBB 3.2 as well as the development of further features as suggested in the enhancement list.

You can already find a first beta release for 3.2 here.
German Support Team Member • http://www.phpbb.deMy Extensions in the CDBMy Extensions on Github • Contact with caos is inavoidable but no catastrophy if you keep an overview.

zorni

Re: [CDB] [3.1] [3.2] gn36 - Hookup

Post by zorni » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:54 am

Hi,

I'm currently testing the version for 3.2

There should be a possibility to disallow users to invite whole usergroups. In really big forums this would blow up the thread (we got 16000+ users i.e.)

Or is that option anywhere and I haven't seen it yet?

Other points: There should be a scrollbar or the option to collapse the planer after something like 10 entrys I think.

May increase the possibility to repeat fixed dates from weekly only to 2, 3 and 4 weeks?

An export to csv Option would be cool (Or implementation the the print topic feature)

Thanks for this ext, it's really great!

gn#36
Translator

Post by gn#36 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:32 pm

Hi zorni,

no you haven't missed that option. There is currently only one permission controlling what users can or cannot do. They can either use the full planner or cannot use it at all. Only the starter of a thread and moderators have the permission to invite new usergroups, though. A regular participant can only suggest new dates. So if you restrict the use to forums where only selected people can post new topics, then only these people will be able to invite.

I can see this as a problem though, so I added this as a suggestion to the list of possible enhancements. I already have a few potential permission changes on the list, for example it might also be useful to restrict regular users ability to add new dates.

Regarding the scrollbar: Do you mean an additional vertical scrollbar? There should be a horizontal one as soon as the width exceeds the available space. But I guess we could make the collapse option available even when no active date is set yet, the code is there anyways. Also added to the list.

Regarding the repetition of dates: The current implementation is not capable of freely adjusting the time between two automatic entries. I implemented it the way it is because I needed it this way at the time. Now, the feature is only rarely used, so I was even thinking of removing it alltogether. Allowing arbitrary repetitions like in a calendar would obviously make the feature way more useful, but would also require a large rework. I don't see this for the near future.

Export to CSV is actually a great idea. Also added to the list.

Added to the list means that this is simply a reminder for me. That doesn't mean that I will implement all of them, but that way I don't forget if I do have time.

Did you experience any problems with the 3.2 version? Any feature not working as expected or similar?
German Support Team Member • http://www.phpbb.deMy Extensions in the CDBMy Extensions on Github • Contact with caos is inavoidable but no catastrophy if you keep an overview.

zorni

Post by zorni » Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:33 am

Hey gn#36,

thanks for this detailed feedback. That's rare and I appreciate it.

We haven't found any greater problems at the moment. (We're running a closed beta for a complete forum rework and conversion to 3.2 atm)

The only thing which may could be better is the summary line, which isn't readable in all cases.

https://imgur.com/a/NSdPb

And some css errors, but this is, cause we're working with an selfmade style and didn't work at the extensions style yet, so that's our own problem I think :)

// edit: It seems the ext is expecting the hookup.css at this position: /styles/prosilver/theme/hookup.css shouldn't it be /ext/gn36/hookup/styles/prosilver/theme ?

If you're interested I could grant you access to the testing installation, so you can see it working. (Tests are running till friday)

Paul
Infrastructure Team Leader
Infrastructure Team Leader
Name: Paul Sohier

Post by Paul » Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:33 am

gn#36 wrote:
Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:44 pm
Thank you.

I will now re-use this topic for the update to phpBB 3.2 as well as the development of further features as suggested in the enhancement list.

You can already find a first beta release for 3.2 here.
Please update the prefix of your topic if you want to keep it open.
Knock knock
Race condition
Who's there?

My BlogMy Photosmy phpBB Extensionscustom phpBB work & Development

gn#36
Translator

Post by gn#36 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:20 am

zorni wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:33 am
The only thing which may could be better is the summary line, which isn't readable in all cases.

https://imgur.com/a/NSdPb
Yeah, I guess with large numbers of participants the percentages get fairly small. Maybe I should introduce some minimum widths.
// edit: It seems the ext is expecting the hookup.css at this position: /styles/prosilver/theme/hookup.css shouldn't it be /ext/gn36/hookup/styles/prosilver/theme ?
Hm should not be the case. Part of this is caused by a phpBB Bug in includecss I believe, but I have to take a closer look.
If you're interested I could grant you access to the testing installation, so you can see it working. (Tests are running till friday)
Thanks for the offer, unfortunately, I will be mostly offline until Monday or Tuesday.
Paul wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:33 am
Please update the prefix of your topic if you want to keep it open.
Done.

Mohammed AlSarsawi

Re: [3.2][BETA] [3.1] gn36 - Hookup

Post by Mohammed AlSarsawi » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:59 am

thank you for updating this to 3.2

i don't know if somebody mention this or not
but there is problem with Text entries order
the order always change after refreshing the page

also should every user see his name first

and i think Hookup to HJW Calendar Bridge need update
because it's not working

Mohammed AlSarsawi

Post by Mohammed AlSarsawi » Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:40 am

I also have 2 suggestions and 1 bug

- option to cancel the meeting with notification to all members
- option to force members to vote to all dates

- after clicking show all dates

gn#36
Translator

Post by gn#36 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:01 pm

Mohammed AlSarsawi wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:59 am
i don't know if somebody mention this or not
but there is problem with Text entries order
the order always change after refreshing the page
Can you clarify? I don't see a random change of order of text entries. Also, what database do you use? Mysql?
also should every user see his name first
I am not sure if this is better than the alphabetical sorting.
and i think Hookup to HJW Calendar Bridge need update
because it's not working
This is possible. I am not using that bridge because I am not using the HJW calendar. I currently have only little time for my extensions and therefore must reduce the number of them to be supported. I am not planning to support it any longer. It was an experiment to couple two extensions.
Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:40 am
I also have 2 suggestions and 1 bug

- option to cancel the meeting with notification to all members
- option to force members to vote to all dates
I added the cancel option to my list. I am not sure whether the second option is really possible. Do you mean that a "maybe" should be disallowed? This is already on my list. I am not sure how we should enforce a setting on every entry.
Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:40 am
- after clicking show all dates
You are using a custom style. This looks like a style problem to me. Maybe the portation is not working correctly.

Return to “Extensions in Development”