[ABD] Advanced Polls 1.2

Any abandoned Extensions will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Extension Development Forum rules

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
javiexin
Code Contributor
Name: Javier

Re: [BETA] Advanced Polls 1.2

Post by javiexin » Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:30 pm

1. I will try to reproduce the problem, but if it happens in multiple extensions from different authors, it looks like a core bug.
  2. And that is what I used... https://github.com/Wolfsblvt/advancedpo ... hp#L55-L62 but in that string, there are two singular/plural possibilities: vote/votes and option/options. And as far as I know, this cannot be done in a single language string, you would have to split in various, and that would make translators work more complex.

leschek

Post by leschek » Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:42 pm

1. Here is how other extension author solved it. I'm not coder, so it could be totally different thing.
  2. javiexin wrote:you would have to split in various, and that would make translators work more complex.
    There is about 70 or so lines to translate in language files of the extension (which are probably more difficult to translate than a few lines with plurals) so I'm sure translators can handle it.

javiexin
Code Contributor

Post by javiexin » Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:50 pm

leschek wrote:There is about 70 or so lines to translate in language files of the extension (which are probably more difficult to translate than a few lines with plurals) so I'm sure translators can handle it.
Difficulty is not in the number of strings, it is in the fact that a single phrase would be split into several lines, and they need to match exactly. Not so easy in certain languages.

The reference you have quoted is exactly the way I do it in the current code. See https://github.com/Wolfsblvt/advancedpo ... hp#L81-L95
So that is neither causing the problem nor solving it. I am positive that it is interaction with other extensions, or with the core, but I will have to test it and reproduce it (that I have not been able to yet, lack of time) to see if I can confirm this.

-javiexin

javiexin
Code Contributor

Post by javiexin » Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:47 pm

leschek wrote:It seems that language variables are not loaded (in poll and in poll settings) from language files if they are from different language than the default language of board. For example if I set board language to English, but in UCP I change language to Czech (extension's files are translated) in poll are shown English lines and not Czech as it should. I think it is similar problem as I reported couple of months ago to author of phpBB Gallery extension.
javiexin wrote:I will try to reproduce the problem, but if it happens in multiple extensions from different authors, it looks like a core bug.
I have been able to reproduce the problem. Now, I will have to investigate where it is coming from. But it looks like a core bug. If that is the case, I will let you know.
leschek wrote:It shouldn't be allowed to set more "Maximum votes" than "Total votes". Now I'm able to set:
"Maximum votes" - 2 and "Total votes" - 1
and to user it shows he/she can give 2 votes to one option even in fact he can't and if he try to give 2 votes it shows error message "You have tried to assign too many votes." - It's kind of confusing for users.
This is confirmed to be a missing check in my code. I have fixed it, and will upload the patch shortly. I will not bump the version number, but you will be able to download the patched version shortly.
Unfortunately, this means that we will need a couple more language strings, that will be needed in translations, and are not available now (except English and Spanish).

-javiexin

FomenkoAndrey

Post by FomenkoAndrey » Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:05 pm

I also found the global rules are not translated variable.
i see ACL_U_SEE_VOTERS

javiexin
Code Contributor

Post by javiexin » Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:20 pm

FomenkoAndrey wrote:I also found the global rules are not translated variable.
i see ACL_U_SEE_VOTERS
No, that is different, it is a bug in a migration file. Will fix it shortly as well.
But in the mean time, you may ignore it completely: it is not used (leftover from previous version that has not been removed).

javiexin
Code Contributor

Post by javiexin » Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:23 pm

leschek wrote:It seems that language variables are not loaded (in poll and in poll settings) from language files if they are from different language than the default language of board. For example if I set board language to English, but in UCP I change language to Czech (extension's files are translated) in poll are shown English lines and not Czech as it should. I think it is similar problem as I reported couple of months ago to author of phpBB Gallery extension
javiexin wrote:I have been able to reproduce the problem. Now, I will have to investigate where it is coming from. But it looks like a core bug. If that is the case, I will let you know.
Ok, I still think this is a core bug, but in the meantime, I have found a code change that will fix the issue.
So, I will produce the change and submit asap.

-javiexin

javiexin
Code Contributor

Post by javiexin » Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:30 pm

Because this version is not using the version update (yet).

I have not been able to get hold of Wolfsblvt, that is the one that is hosting the version server...

Sorry,
-javiexin

Holger

Re: [BETA] Advanced Polls 1.2.1

Post by Holger » Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:28 am

I have updated some typos in the Swedish translation. But I am still a little confused as the German text/files are not showing any differences to my Swedish files on GitHub.
Are you looking for a phpBB Expert? Find a phpBB Expert!
Are you a phpBB Expert? Post your resume!
http://www.phpbbexperts.com

javiexin
Code Contributor

Post by javiexin » Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:59 am

German is NOT updated. You should only rely on English.

Updated languages are Spanish, Italian, French, Dutch and Russian.

All the rest are pending.

Holger

Post by Holger » Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:16 am

Ah, ok, understood!
Are you looking for a phpBB Expert? Find a phpBB Expert!
Are you a phpBB Expert? Post your resume!
http://www.phpbbexperts.com

Galixte de EzCom
Name: Raphaël M.

Post by Galixte de EzCom » Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:59 am

Hi,

if i edit the poll, some options of the poll are reseted:
- Maximum votes:
- Total votes:
- Hide votes:
- Limit votes:
- Show poll voters:
- Show results ordered:
Communau EzCom
Image « Traductions d’extensions & styles pour phpBB 3.1.x & 3.2.x ».
ImageLists of all extensions identified for phpBB 3.1.x & 3.2.x.
ImageLists of all styles identified for phpBB 3.1.x & 3.2.x.

javiexin
Code Contributor

Post by javiexin » Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:04 pm

Under which circumstances? I have tested changing poll options literally hundreds of times, without a reset, so there must be something specific about the installation or the way you do it...

Galixte de EzCom
Name: Raphaël M.

Post by Galixte de EzCom » Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:55 pm

PHP 5.6.11 / MySQL 5.6.25.

I edit the poll in the same way that you edit a post, with the Edit button and then the poll tab to change options.
Communau EzCom
Image « Traductions d’extensions & styles pour phpBB 3.1.x & 3.2.x ».
ImageLists of all extensions identified for phpBB 3.1.x & 3.2.x.
ImageLists of all styles identified for phpBB 3.1.x & 3.2.x.

javiexin
Code Contributor

Post by javiexin » Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:11 pm

Other extensions installed? Specially any other that works on posting page.

Please, test it without any other extension enabled, and see if it works. If it does, then it is an interaction with another extension. If it does not, test other polls, and if it still does not work, we will have to find out.

Of course, I assume you have a clean 3.1.5 install, without modifications, right?

Return to “Abandoned Extensions”