This extension adds several new types of profile fields, plus other profile field features.
This is a continuation and extension over the previous "Multi Select Profile Fields" extension, found here:
This extension is a superset of the former, that is now obsolete, and should not be used any longer.
Current Version: 1.0.1 RC
0.0.1 DEV - Multi Select Profile Fields
- New profile field type for Multiple Selection, that is, multivalued fields in user profiles
- New profile field type for Uploaded Images. You may configure the folder to upload the images to, restrict size of uploaded picture and dimensions (minimum and maximum).
- New profile field type for Image Selector. You may select an image from within all available in a specified folder, either from a dropdown or from a gallery presentation.
- New profile field configuration option, that allows to specify that a profile field is not going to be shown in the profile field loops, but only with direct access, individually. Better for image positioning.
- Integrates with a lot of new functionality that has been necessary to introduce in the core of phpbb profile field processing, like enabling, disabling and purging of profile field types.
- Make the extension compatible with 3.2
- Remove all dependencies from core changes that had not been accepted, using different coding approach
- Use workarounds for core changes that will be implemented, but not yet finally approved; changes are "future proof": when the core change is implemented, it will be used automatically; if not, the extension workaround is used
- Minor cosmetic changes, submitted to CDB
- Minor changes from the validation team
- Fixed Upload Image Profile Fields for 3.2, to use the new file services available
- Resubmitted to CDB
If you want to use it in 3.1.10, it is possible, but you will have to insert an event (one line of HTML code) that has already been merged into the core, but not yet "published" in the 3.1 branch (it is in 3.2):
[ticket/14887] ACP profile step one lang specific event
NOTE 2: As of today (3.1.10 & 3.2.0) the following changes to the core were still pending:
- [ticket/13853] Flexible schema for profilefields step 1 configuration - Withdrawn, now extension uses a different coding schema that does not require this core change any longer
- [ticket/13867] Enable/disable mechanism for new profile field types - In testing, will be incorporated in the (near?) future. Anyhow, the extension includes a fully working workaround that makes this core change "optional". And the extension code is "future-proof" as it takes into consideration whether the core has included the change, and in that case it does not use the workaround but the core code.
DO NOT INSTALL ON LIVE BOARDS.
If you find an issue, or have questions, let me know here.
If you have ideas for improvements or new functionality, let me know. I will evaluate them and see if they are feasible to be implemented. However, one thing I have already evaluated and discarded is searching based on profile fields contents.
[RC] Version 1.0.1: https://github.com/javiexin/advancedpf/ ... .0.1rc.zip
Github Repository: https://github.com/javiexin/advancedpf
- Unzip the downloaded file.
- Copy the whole contents of the unzipped folder in the
ext/javiexin/advancedpfdirectory of your phpBB board, where you should see the main JSON file at (your forum root)/ext/javiexin/advancedpf/composer.json.
- Navigate in the ACP to
Customise -> Manage extensions.
- Look for
Advanced Profile Fields Packunder the Disabled Extensions list, and click its
- You are done!.