[CDB] Advanced Profile Fields Pack

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Scam Warning
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
javiexin
Code Contributor
Name: Javier

Re: [DEV] Advanced Profile Fields Pack

Post by javiexin »

And that is assuming that the proposed changes are all accepted, which is not the case yet, even though they have been in the queue for approval for some months (some were there before 3.1.4 was released).

You always have the option to "patch" your 3.1.5 installation with the proposed changes, that are included in the package download for this extension, in the contrib folder. Just follow instructions there.

-javiexin

rrbailey89

Post by rrbailey89 »

Is it possible to make it so this extension can allow a user to attach a "display name" to their account upon registration and in the UCP. (whether or not they can change it configurable via the ACP. For example my username is 12345 but my username is rrbailey89 so thats what everyone sees when i post. I think there was a 3.0 mod thay accomplished this. You could even use either to log in too.

javiexin
Code Contributor

Post by javiexin »

I think this would be possible, yes.

You would have to configure the "display name" as a new profile field, mandatory on registration, and marking it as "individual" (ie, do not display on PF lists).

Now, the trick will be to make it replace the standard name. This will have to be done by you, by creating appropriate html (and most likely js).

And it will only be available on places where profile fields are available: viewtopic, memberlist, profile, pm reading.

rrbailey89

Post by rrbailey89 »

Just an FYI I found the MOD I was referring to.

viewtopic.php?f=69&t=1768595

supanet

Post by supanet »

javiexin wrote:And that is assuming that the proposed changes are all accepted, which is not the case yet, even though they have been in the queue for approval for some months (some were there before 3.1.4 was released).

You always have the option to "patch" your 3.1.5 installation with the proposed changes, that are included in the package download for this extension, in the contrib folder. Just follow instructions there.

-javiexin
Yes i have patched it on my test site for prosilver, the problem is i use a custom premum style (subway) so this also needs to be patched upto 3.1.6 to test it fully and the company i bought it from cant upgrade it till its released. :(

As it stands now most of it works and it may just be that i will have to make a few CSS changes but i wont know for sure til its updated. :mrgreen:

javiexin
Code Contributor

Post by javiexin »

The only template change that is required, and is not in the ACP, is in ucp_register.html, and it is just adding the {S_FORM_ENCTYPE} variable to the form definition (line 17 in prosilver). That's it. Making that one line change in your custom style does not seem a lot :).

Everything else is either in the ACP or php changes, so not related to the style.

There are some more template changes related to the EXAMPLES i use, but those are definitely not needed/required, they are just examples. But those are the event changes needed to support multiple ranks. There are changes for this in the following files (two events per file, before and after):
  • memberlist_body
  • memberlist_view
  • ucp_pm_viewmessage
  • viewtopic_body
Hope this helps,
-javiexin

supanet

Post by supanet »

Thanks for that javiexin i will look into it. :D

UpperDecker

Post by UpperDecker »

hey there,

This extension is exactly what I am looking for. Unfortunately, when I try to enable the plugin I receive the following error:

Code: Select all

Fatal error: Call to undefined method phpbb\profilefields\manager::enable_profilefields() in /home/bnoonan/public_html/ext/javiexin/advancedpf/ext.php on line 30

Any help would be great.

javiexin
Code Contributor

Post by javiexin »

Have you patched your 3.1.5 to look like 3.1.6 using the provided patch?

The method not found is one of the required 3.1.6 changes.

UpperDecker

Post by UpperDecker »

Great. I did follow your instructions, however when using filezilla to copy the modified files...it wasnt overwriting. I was able to get the plugin installed. I'll fiddle around with it for a bit and let you know how I like it! Thanks!

UpperDecker

Post by UpperDecker »

I think this is a great start! Unfortunately, I don't think i'll be able to use it. I want to have full control over who gets these extra ranks. So, for my site....If someone earns an extra rank, I can give that one individual a special title.

javiexin
Code Contributor

Post by javiexin »

Easy, just make the cpf not appear in the UCP (there is a standard option for that), and only admins with the right permission will be able to change it.

UpperDecker

Post by UpperDecker »

Awesome!!! I figured out how to get it working. Btw. In order to have multiple "Awards/Ranks/Badges" show up, I just created an image in photoshop with multiple ranks. is there a way to select multiple badges from within phpbb admin?

Here is what it looks like.

javiexin
Code Contributor

Post by javiexin »

Not yet. But you may define as many rank fields as you need. You can even share the same image folder.

UpperDecker

Post by UpperDecker »

Can you explain how you would do this?

Return to “Extensions in Development”