[CDB] QuickReply Reloaded

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Get Involved
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
LavIgor

[CDB] QuickReply Reloaded

Post by LavIgor » Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:31 am

QuickReply Reloaded

Authors: LavIgor (developer of the new version), Татьяна5 (developer and founder of the original QuickReply extension)

This extension is based on the original QuickReply extension.

Extension's CDB page: https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/exte ... uickreply/

Extension's Version: 1.0.1-RC1 (download from GitHub)
Note: mentioned version can be not up-to-date.
Please checkout extension's CDB page or GitHub repository for currently supported versions.
Please note that new update should be installed only by one of the methods in the special instruction, standard update method may lead to errors!

Requirements: phpBB 3.1.x

Very short description:
Extends the features of standard quick reply.
Full description of features and fixes in this release can be found in extension's FAQ.

FAQ and instructions: GitHub repository: https://github.com/BoardTools/QuickReply
Extension Download: https://github.com/BoardTools/QuickRepl ... master.zip

Screenshots:
Screenshots can be found in the topic of the original QuickReply extension.

Video:
https://youtu.be/QKM6ygDx7U0

Some new features are already planned, just wait for the updates!
P.S. Version check feature was added only in QuickReply Reloaded, not in the original extension.
Last edited by LavIgor on Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:45 am, edited 4 times in total.

LordOfFlies
Name: Matěj Štágl

Re: [BETA] QuickReply Reloaded

Post by LordOfFlies » Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:37 pm

Excelent. Thanks.

leschek

Post by leschek » Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:41 pm

Thank you for working on this.
I have a question: Would be possible to make file styles\prosilver\template\translit.js dependent on user's language (for example by adding language suffix)? I looked into that file and it seems that there is defined how letters are replaced. The thing is - in my language we use "Latin alphabet", but we have some additional letters and also different pronunciation of letters. For example we write "Š" instead of "SH" etc. (especially "CH" is confusing), so I would like to change some letters.

LavIgor

Post by LavIgor » Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:18 pm

leschek wrote:Would be possible to make file styles\prosilver\template\translit.js dependent on user's language (for example by adding language suffix)?
https://github.com/Tatiana5/QuickReply/issues/31
May be implemented later, follow the updates.

Thank you for your response!

leschek

Post by leschek » Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:40 pm

LavIgor wrote:https://github.com/Tatiana5/QuickReply/issues/31
May be implemented later, follow the updates.
Wow. You are awesome.
on github LavIgor wrote:Add support not only for Russian language.
This is even better. I was thinking about it, but I was to shy to ask. Anyway, it cold be nice tool to learn some languages (or for boards about learning languages). Would it be possible to implement it to normal post editor?

LavIgor

Post by LavIgor » Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:12 pm

leschek wrote:This is even better.
Yesterday there was a problem with phpbb.com, so my next reply hasn't been posted.
I do not know exactly what you want to see in this feature.
Maybe you can simply edit the file specifically for your board?
Because otherwise I think that we can have a number of translit files for different languages.

That is the feature that may be implemented in one of the future releases.
leschek wrote:Anyway, it cold be nice tool to learn some languages (or for boards about learning languages).
This feature is not a translator like Google Translate. This feature simply converts letters into other ones.
Just because not every keyboard has Cyrillic characters.
leschek wrote:Would it be possible to implement it to normal post editor?
Maybe it will be done, maybe not. Because it is QuickReply and not a tool for the standard full posting.

However, I've decided that all new features will be made in the next branch of QuickReply Reloaded - 1.1.x.
I'll create the develop branch on Github later.

master branch will be almost the same with the version that is currently being validated.
However, bug fixes and some improvements may still appear in the 1.0.x branch.

leschek

Post by leschek » Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:52 pm

LavIgor wrote:I do not know exactly what you want to see in this feature.
The first idea is to be able to change in translit.js options in this line: var lat = new Array(......) (and in var latcap = new Array(....) too), so users can use different alphabets as input data.
LavIgor wrote:Maybe you can simply edit the file specifically for your board?
Because on the board could be installed more languages I thought that translit.js could be renamed do translit_language_code.js.

It would be also nice to have option to add into it more languages, than only Russian.
LavIgor wrote:This feature is not a translator like Google Translate. This feature simply converts letters into other ones.
Just because not every keyboard has Cyrillic characters.
I know.
LavIgor wrote:
leschek wrote:Would it be possible to implement it to normal post editor?
Maybe it will be done, maybe not.
No worries.
LavIgor wrote:Because it is QuickReply and not a tool for the standard full posting.
With this extension the QR has more features than standard post editor.

leschek

Post by leschek » Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:17 am

Some feedback:
  1. Quote sent from QR looks (in post) different than quote from sent normal editor - I can upload picture if you don't know what I'm writing about.
  2. Word wrote in line user xyz wrote (when quote is sent from QR) doesn't change (isn't translated), when board language is changed. In normal quote it works as it should (it is changed when user changes board language)
  3. Add a link to the quoted message when quoting and Add a link to the profile of the post author when using quick quote - I don't think those options work (if I understand what they should do) - I can't see any link (to the quoted message or to the profile of the post author) in quoted message.

LavIgor

Post by LavIgor » Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:36 pm

leschek wrote:Quote sent from QR looks (in post) different than quote from sent normal editor - I can upload picture if you don't know what I'm writing about.
Yes, it will be great if you upload an attachment.
Quick Quote is different from Full Quote: it does not retain any BBCodes, line breaks or images.
However, Full Quote can also be used in QuickReply.
leschek wrote:Word wrote in line user xyz wrote (when quote is sent from QR) doesn't change (isn't translated), when board language is changed. In normal quote it works as it should (it is changed when user changes board language)
What are the steps to reproduce the issue?
Do you refresh the page after changing the language in UCP?
leschek wrote:Add a link to the quoted message when quoting and Add a link to the profile of the post author when using quick quote - I don't think those options work (if I understand what they should do) - I can't see any link (to the quoted message or to the profile of the post author) in quoted message.
Already posted quotes aren't affected by the setting.
The link to the quoted message is added as a special BBCode and looks like a small arrow.
The link to the author's profile is added to the name of the author of the quote as an URL BBCode.

These features will work only for new posts after the dedicated settings are enabled.

leschek

Post by leschek » Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:21 pm

LavIgor wrote:
leschek wrote:Quote sent from QR looks (in post) different than quote from sent normal editor - I can upload picture if you don't know what I'm writing about.
Yes, it will be great if you upload an attachment.
here is screenshot (please click on the link if you can't see an image):

There are 3 posts (on the screenshot):

On the top is normal post.

In the middle is the top post quoted in QR. You can also see there that text wrote isn't translated to English.

On the bottom is the top post quoted in normal post editor (via Reply with Quote button). You can see that text wrote is in English as it should be.

Note: Both times I quoted it with the board set to my (Czech) language and than I changed the board to English to make a screenshot.

It seems that I found the problem. In ACP I disabled BBCodes for QR and while they are still working (if I write them manually) the quick quote function doesn't insert quote BBCode. I'm not sure if it's bug or feature, but I tend to the option that it's a bug, because it looks kind of confusing to have two different quote designs.

LavIgor

Post by LavIgor » Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:41 pm

leschek wrote:In the middle is the top post quoted in QR. You can also see there that text wrote isn't translated to English.

On the bottom is the top post quoted in normal post editor (via Reply with Quote button). You can see that text wrote is in English as it should be.

Note: Both times I quoted it with the board set to my (Czech) language and than I changed the board to English to make a screenshot.
In the second post the "quote" is not the quote block. It is a simple text that is not automatically translatable. This type of quotes looks like if you have typed it manually.

Anyway, the quote pasting functionality is a standard phpBB feature. You can try it also in full reply and test the results.
leschek wrote:In ACP I disabled BBCodes for QR and while they are still working (if I write them manually) the quick quote function doesn't insert quote BBCode.
No bug. If you have disabled BBCodes in QuickReply settings, it is OK that the extension does not insert quotes as BBCodes.

leschek

Post by leschek » Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:19 pm

LavIgor wrote:In the second post the "quote" is not the quote block. It is a simple text that is not automatically translatable. This type of quotes looks like if you have typed it manually.
I inserted it via Insert Quote in the Quick Reply Form function.
LavIgor wrote:No bug. If you have disabled BBCodes in QuickReply settings, it is OK that the extension does not insert quotes as BBCodes.
But it looks so strange if one user insert quote in QR and another user use normal post editor. Anyway, if it's correct behaviour I think there should be some warning about it in Enable BBcode option's explanation.

LavIgor

Post by LavIgor » Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:51 pm

leschek wrote:But it looks so strange if one user insert quote in QR and another user use normal post editor. Anyway, if it's correct behaviour I think there should be some warning about it in Enable BBcode option's explanation.
If you disable BBCodes, "quote" BBCode will be disabled too. Isn't it the right behaviour?

P.S. I've added a short video about the extension to the first post.

leschek

Post by leschek » Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:22 pm

LavIgor wrote:If you disable BBCodes, "quote" BBCode will be disabled too. Isn't it the right behaviour?
I guess you are right.

KnownSyntax

Post by KnownSyntax » Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:48 pm

Looking good! I can't wait till this is fully done since I know many people including myself will be using this extension.

Return to “Extensions in Development”