[3.1][3.2][RC] Survey

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Suggested Hosts
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
lupus77

Re: [RC] Survey

Post by lupus77 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:28 pm

Just opened an issue over at github.

"
Hi,

I created a new topic with the option to enable the survey. After that I tried to add some questions, so I went to "Fragen verwalten". No matter what I try to put in the fields I always get the message "Das übermittelte Formular war ungültig. Versuche erneut, das Formular abzusenden.".

Is there any workaround?

Thank you!
"

lupus77

Post by lupus77 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:35 pm

Turning off quick reply in ADM (Board features -> Allow quick reply:) everything works. If quick reply is on, it causes "The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again."

miszczu77

Post by miszczu77 » Mon Dec 28, 2015 7:40 pm

Hello,

your extension is great.
It would be great if you can add an option to allow to answer only for users from certain groups.
This feature was in previous version and it was very helpful.

I made polish translation. Where can I send it?

Ithron

Post by Ithron » Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:21 pm

@lupus77: Thank you for the bug report. This is now fixed in 1.0.0-rc3.

@miszczu77: As for groups: This is now controlled via phpBB-permissions. With f_survey_answer, you can configure whe sould be allowed to answers surveys in a specific forum. I think, this is a much better solution the the one from the old mod.
As for translation: Yes, feel free to translate! It would be best, If you could do a pull request via github. Otherwise, just send me the files here.

For general information to all: The phpBB team has refused to include this extension in the extensions-DB due to the license (AGPLv3). I presented several arguments why I think this is a bad decision:
  • AGPLv3 is a free software license
  • It is well known and I think it's not good spirit of free software develpment to ban all free software licenses except for GPLv2.
  • I didn't copy code from the phpBB code base so I don't violate their GPLv2, so incompatibility between those two licenses is not an issue here.
  • According to gnu.org, using AGPLv3 and GPLv2 code together in one project the way I do it in this extension (or phpBB extensions in general, as long as you don't copy GPLv2 code into the extension) is perfectly fine:
    gnu.org wrote:However, you are allowed to combine separate modules or source files released under both of those licenses in a single project, which will provide many programmers with all the permission they need to make the programs they want.
I hope that the extension-team changes their policy about that in the future. As for now hoiwever, their decision sadly means that this extension will not be listed in the extension-DB of phpBB.

LordOfFlies
Name: Matěj Štágl

Post by LordOfFlies » Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:18 pm

Decision of the extension team doesn't change a thing on a fact, that you have done a great job.
You rock man!

miszczu77

Post by miszczu77 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:09 pm

Ithron wrote:@miszczu77: As for groups: This is now controlled via phpBB-permissions. With f_survey_answer, you can configure whe sould be allowed to answers surveys in a specific forum. I think, this is a much better solution the the one from the old mod.
Sometimes on our forum we make surveys available for all users, and sometimes we make surveys only for members of our association. And previous solution was more convenient for us.
But your solution is also ok.

TomS2
Name: Thomas

Post by TomS2 » Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:41 pm

Hello,

first of all - thanks for this fabulous extension.
I want to use it with phpBB 3.1.10.
Creating a survey under the admin account works very good. However when login in as a registered user I only can see admin's vote but have no means to vote by myself. If the admin has not voted at all I just can see the message that no answers have given up to now but I do neither see the questions nor have the ability to answer anything.
f_survey_answer is set to YES for registered users.

I suspect a rights problem with phpBB 3.1.10 - can anybody confirm and maybe advise a workaround?

Thanks in advance
Cheers Tom

Paul
Infrastructure Team Leader
Name: Paul Sohier

Post by Paul » Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:59 pm

This topic has been marked as [ABD] - Abandoned as the extension author has not been active recently. If the extension author wishes to continue development, please PM anyone on the Extensions Team to request this topic be unlocked.

Notice!
We do not recommend that a user of the phpBB software install this extension, or any other extension that is marked as “abandoned” or “in development”, on a live forum. Doing so may cause your forum to not perform in the manner it should.

Thank you,
The phpBB Extensions Team
Knock knock
Race condition
Who's there?

My BlogMy Photosmy phpBB Extensionscustom phpBB work & Development

Paul
Name: Paul Sohier

Re: [ABD] Survey

Post by Paul » Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:24 am

Reopened as requested.
Knock knock
Race condition
Who's there?

My BlogMy Photosmy phpBB Extensionscustom phpBB work & Development

Ithron

Re: [3.2][RC] Survey

Post by Ithron » Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:24 pm

The extension is now ready for phpBB-3.2.

@Tom: Sorry for getting back to you so late. I cannot reproduce your problem with phpBB-3.1.10. Could you check that the effective permission for the forum in question and some affected user for f_survey_answer is "Yes"?

[as]

Re: [3.1][3.2][RC] Survey

Post by [as] » Sat May 06, 2017 7:17 pm

I want to say HUGE THANK YOU to the developers for creating this extension. It is most appreciated! I have created a forum just this year for my 400 person organization that attends a HUGE annual event at the end of this summer. We setup and design our camp for this event based off of a survey everyone takes at the beginning of every year. This year I volunteered to create it and have chosen this extension because I thought it would mesh nicely into the forum. However, I am having some issues and was hoping to get this survey out to everyone this week, may I ask for someones help please?

I am running the Aero-red style with phpBB3.2 and php version 5.6.

1. The survey traverses off the screen horizontally. Is this because of my forum style 'Aero' ?
I have entered in about 50 questions, what happens when you enter in a sizable amount of questions?
2. How do I export the results for the survey to my email in an easily manageable fashion?

Ithron

Post by Ithron » Sun May 07, 2017 8:49 pm

[as] wrote:
Sat May 06, 2017 7:17 pm
1. The survey traverses off the screen horizontally. Is this because of my forum style 'Aero' ?
I have entered in about 50 questions, what happens when you enter in a sizable amount of questions?
This is a bug. There should be a scroll-bar appearing when the survey-width exceeds the forum-width. When I wrote the extension, I never thought of putting in 50 questions. So that will need some looks into the template code in order to fix it.
[as] wrote:
2. How do I export the results for the survey to my email in an easily manageable fashion?
Export of the results is not implemented directly in the survey. Maybe you could just copy the contents into a excel/ods sheet - importing clipboard content works quite well for office suites in my experience. However, if you know some SQL you can of course query for the data directly. The according table names can be found in config/parameters.yml

Ithron

Post by Ithron » Sun May 07, 2017 9:03 pm

Ithron wrote:
Sun May 07, 2017 8:49 pm
[as] wrote:
This is a bug. There should be a scroll-bar appearing when the survey-width exceeds the forum-width. When I wrote the extension, I never thought of putting in 50 questions. So that will need some looks into the template code in order to fix it.
This bug is now fixed in the latest git commit.

[as]

Post by [as] » Mon May 08, 2017 12:26 am

Thank you so much for the quick response! I am going to update the survey now and report back my findings!

** It is working marvelously! Thank you so much! Now I am just rasslin with file formats to process results.
:D

gnocchia

Post by gnocchia » Thu May 11, 2017 6:46 pm

Just installed the extension on a 3.2 forum and it doesn't show the survey creation tab. Checked permissions and my user has an ACL for survey creation.

What can be wrong?

Return to “Extensions in Development”