[ABD] [RC] Mobile Device

Any abandoned Extensions will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Extension Development Forum rules

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
Sniper_E
Name: Ed Humphrey

Re: [RC] Mobile Device

Post by Sniper_E »

No, those extensions pull it's info into the viewtopic page with event templates. This extension inserts the Posted via mobile data in the posts table with each message. You can not compare these different ext.

After disabling this extension the images will have to be left in place. Or image will show in all the posts made via mobile instead of the mobile image. You would have to edit each post to take them out.

I'll see if I can think of another way of delivery but I have no clue right now. Not using the image in the post message to start with is the only way around this issue.
Image . -.. / .... ..- -- .--. .... .-. . -.--
No is NEVER an Option and NEVER is the only Option when it comes to Giving Up!

:!: Sniper_E Styles | phpbbmodders :!:
Sniper_E

Post by Sniper_E »

Theriddler1 wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:08 amSo i believe if this extension uses own database tables to store it's data connected with the post id where to show it will be better.
I'm working on an update for this ext now, wrestling through a few problems.

I will look into maybe having the [ Post made via Mobile Device ] post another way. But each one of those are defined during each post. Off the top of my head I still can't see how to make this post in an event template and tie it in per post id. That is kind of out of my coding knowledge.

But I'll put my thinking cap on.

Look the [ Post made via Mobile Device ] is in the event/listener.php

Code: Select all

public function posting_modify_message_text($event)
	{
		$message = $event['message_parser'];
		$this->user->data['is_mobile'] = $this->mobile_device_detect();

if ($this->user->data['is_mobile'] && $event['mode'] != 'edit' && !$event['preview']	&& !$event['refresh'])
		{
			$status = $this->mobile_device_detect();
			$board_url = generate_board_url() . '/';
			$text = $this->user->lang['POST_MADE_VIA'];
			$message->message .= "\n\n[size=85][b][i][ " . $text . " " . $status[1] . " ][/i][/b][/size] [img]" . $board_url . "ext/sniper/mobiledevice/images/" . $status[1] . ".png[/img]";
			$event['message_parser'] = $message;
		};
	}
You could always take the image part out of that line. Shorten that $message->message .= line.

$message->message .= "\n\n[size=85][b][i][ " . $text . " " . $status[1] . " ][/i][/b][/size]
[ Post made via Butt Call ] Image

Sniper_E

Post by Sniper_E »

Theriddler1 wrote: Wed May 31, 2017 8:59 pm As nice as this extension seems the trouble begins when you uninstall the extension.
You have to keep the phone image files on the server because the phone images are still present in the post pages.

Is it possible to remove them when you uninstall the extension.
Yes, I will create another table for the posts then add an event template to append the "Post made via Mobile Device" in with the post. Then disabling the extension will remove it from all your previous posts. But sorry, in your old posts with previous versions of mobiledevice you will have to manually edit them out.

I will also create switches in acp and ucp so anyone can disable any of the features they don't want to see. This will include disabling seeing your own notifications and images in your viewtopic posts and your profile. This was a request from awhile back.

Coming soon to a server near you!

[ Post made via Samsung Galaxy S5 Active ] Image

dmzx

Post by dmzx »

;)
Contact me on dmzx-web.net
Buy me a beer Donate and try binance.com or try CentOS Web Panel
Sniper_E

Post by Sniper_E »

It's almost ready for release. dmzx... Is doing his magic on the coding part of this and it will be ready to roll out.

Sniper_E

Post by Sniper_E »

Extension Update: Mobile Device 1.0.5

Please let me have your comments/requests.

lopoto

Post by lopoto »

THX Sniper_E for you work
Hippie459MN

Post by Hippie459MN »

Awesome! Will be giving the new version a go. :mrgreen:
scheccia

Post by scheccia »

i have this page error when try to go in settings
La pagina web all'indirizzo http://127.0.0.1/testforum/adm/index.ph ... ode=config potrebbe essere temporaneamente non disponibile oppure è stata permanentemente spostata a un nuovo indirizzo web.
ERR_CONTENT_DECODING_FAILED
Sniper_E

Post by Sniper_E »

ThE KuKa pointed out at Github some text issues in the lang files. I changed the text and updated the download right away.

Download the extension again and copy these files over the ones on your server. Refresh browser, no need to disable ext.

Sniper_E

Post by Sniper_E »

First post updated to Mobile Device version 1.0.6

Added test device with desktop in settings and enhanced some other features.
Please give it a test run and report any issues. Thank you!

german-german
Name: Germán A. Sassone

Post by german-german »

Download link broken (?
Sniper_E

Post by Sniper_E »

Fixed...

I've Been Banned!

Post by 2600 »

Hi. I'm using this extension in 3.2.2 and it works well, I haven't upgraded to the latest yet since I have a custom UA there and I need to modify the code again which I can't remember off hand now to do the upgrade. But my question is I get an error with using PHP 7.2.3.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/AustinMaddox/s3/vendor/guzzlehttp/guzzle/src/Handler/CurlFactory.php on line 67: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/sniper/mobiledevice/event/listener.php on line 542: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3268)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/sniper/mobiledevice/event/listener.php on line 543: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3268)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/sniper/mobiledevice/event/listener.php on line 542: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3268)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/sniper/mobiledevice/event/listener.php on line 543: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3268)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4517: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3268)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4517: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3268)

The other extension is the AWS extension and I asked him about it as well. Do you why I would get this?
Morpheus: Unfortunately, no one can be told what The Matrix is. You'll have to see it for yourself.
Hack me.
Consider a canary token.
The nature of my chosen username
:ugeek:
I've Been Banned!

Post by 2600 »

Another question: How can I prevent others from copying my Sig line and using it in their post? I have my own custom UA that shows a Pic of a drone and I'd like to make it so only my posts can display it and not have someone else copy that code from my post and insert it into their post.
Morpheus: Unfortunately, no one can be told what The Matrix is. You'll have to see it for yourself.
Hack me.
Consider a canary token.
The nature of my chosen username
:ugeek:

Return to “Abandoned Extensions”