[ABD] [RC] Mobile Device

Any abandoned Extensions will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Extension Development Forum rules

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
wads24
Name: James

Re: [RC] Mobile Device

Post by wads24 »

I disabled this extension. Then I went back to enable it and getting a 405 error, but only when trying to enable or delete data with this extension.

Any ideas?
Thanks in advance for a reply.
I've Been Banned!

Post by 2600 »

thecaretaker1 wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:39 am I've got the hang of it now. Here are the added phones I have done so far with their images as seen in my logs. I've spaced out the entries in the function.php file so you can see the additions.

Mobiles.zip

''Moto G',
'Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo',
'ZTE Majesty Pro Plus LTE',
'Samsung Galaxy J5',
'Samsung Galaxy S7',
'Samsung Galaxy S9',
'Samsung Galaxy S9 Edge',
'Samsung Galaxy J3',
'Huawei P10 Lite',
'Samsung Galaxy S8',
'Samsung Galaxy S8 Edge',
'Sony Xperia M4 Aqua',
'Sony Xperia X',
'Huawei Honor 9',
'HUAWEI MadiaPad',
'OnePlus',
'Acer Iconia',
'Samsung Galaxy J3',

I don't think this works. I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 and it just shows detected Android. I think it's due to the Android UA taking over, and I wouldn't want to remove that otherwise you'd have to specify each and every Android now and into the future.

These do work though.

Code: Select all

Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 7.0; Moto G (4) Build/NPJS25.93-14-18) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/69.0.3497.100 Mobile Safari/537.36 

Code: Select all

Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 8.0.0; SM-G930F Build/R16NW) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/69.0.3497.100 Mobile Safari/537.36
Morpheus: Unfortunately, no one can be told what The Matrix is. You'll have to see it for yourself.
Hack me.
Consider a canary token.
The nature of my chosen username
:ugeek:
Sniper_E
Name: Ed Humphrey

Post by Sniper_E »

John connor wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:35 am Otherwise you'd have to specify each and every Android now and into the future.
That is how you add to the mobile list now. It's how this ext is setup for all of the features to work.
wads24 wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:05 pm I disabled this extension. Then I went back to enable it and getting a 405 error, but only when trying to enable or delete data with this extension.
Any ideas?
Clear your cache also. You should disable ext and delete data, clear cache and enable new version.
I have had to delete my root/cache/production/ directory and then clear cache to get past with other things, not this ext.
Image . -.. / .... ..- -- .--. .... .-. . -.--
No is NEVER an Option and NEVER is the only Option when it comes to Giving Up!

:!: Sniper_E Styles | phpbbmodders :!:
wads24
Name: James

Post by wads24 »

Sniper_E wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:59 pm That is how you add to the mobile list now. It's how this ext is setup for all of the features to work.
wads24 wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:05 pm I disabled this extension. Then I went back to enable it and getting a 405 error, but only when trying to enable or delete data with this extension.
Any ideas?
Clear your cache also. You should disable ext and delete data, clear cache and enable new version.
I have had to delete my root/cache/production/ directory and then clear cache to get past with other things, not this ext.
Still can't seem to get it to work. It just will not do anything when I enable or disable. It times out
Thanks in advance for a reply.
I've Been Banned!

Post by 2600 »

Are you using the latest extension? Perhaps another extension is interfering. The way to sort that out would be to disable a handful of extensions at a time to narrow it down.

Any error_logs in your FTP directory? Do a mass directory search for error_log.
Morpheus: Unfortunately, no one can be told what The Matrix is. You'll have to see it for yourself.
Hack me.
Consider a canary token.
The nature of my chosen username
:ugeek:
GanstaZ

Post by GanstaZ »

wads24 wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:00 am It just will not do anything when I enable or disable. It times out
Does everything else work normally? Have you edited something in that extension?
Usus est magister optimus! phpBB pre-Triton & latest php environment.
When answer lies in the question, question becomes redundant!
Hippie459MN

Post by Hippie459MN »

Sniper, and chance of getting this to work on 3.3.0? Also, your download link is no good. It says I dont have permission to download the file.
Sniper_E
Name: Ed Humphrey

Post by Sniper_E »

I and a few others have it running on 3.3 right now. But yes I will look at it and make the 3.3 changes needed.
The download link is dead. I started a fresh board and need to setup everything again.
I'll work on it and provide a new download shortly.
Image . -.. / .... ..- -- .--. .... .-. . -.--
No is NEVER an Option and NEVER is the only Option when it comes to Giving Up!

:!: Sniper_E Styles | phpbbmodders :!:
Hippie459MN

Post by Hippie459MN »

Awesome. I think I got it sorted out though. The yml files just needed some tweaking. I used this handy tool - viewtopic.php?f=456&t=2528456
Luixx

Post by Luixx »

Nice and very useful extension in my case 8-)

I upgraded my phpBB 3.2.7 to 3.3.0 apparently working normally.

To work it was necessary to change tables.yml in version 1.0.6 in ./ext/sniper/mobiledevice/config/tables.yml

Tread

Post by Tread »

And change the js when viewing the logs ;)
Fredisland
Name: Frédéric

Post by Fredisland »

(phpBB 3.3.10 - PHP 8)
It's a really GREAT extension.
halas, it workd on local, but on distant site, it displays :

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/sniper/mobiledevice/event/listener.php on line 201: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/sniper/mobiledevice/event/listener.php on line 206: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_acp.php on line 139: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3027)

I changed the output_buffering to 4096 in php.ini (like on local) on distant site but same problem.

is this a problem with using phphBB 3.3.10?

Thank you.
GanstaZ

Post by GanstaZ »

Test it with php 7.4 if there is one.. It may give you some answers.
Fredisland
Name: Frédéric

Post by Fredisland »

GanstaZ wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 12:22 pm Test it with php 7.4 if there is one.. It may give you some answers.
Thank you for taking the time to reply.
My host is in PHP 8.1 (I also had to start my forum from scratch because of this 7.4 pass). It is therefore impossible for me to change the version.
GanstaZ

Post by GanstaZ »

What php version was on local? It seems to be caused by php 8+, but i'm not 100% sure as i can't check it at the moment.

Return to “Abandoned Extensions”