[ABD] [RC] Mobile Device

Any abandoned Extensions will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Extension Development Forum rules

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
Sniper_E
Name: Ed Humphrey

Re: [RC] Mobile Device

Post by Sniper_E »

John I have no idea what you have going on there.
The mobile images are in the ext/sniper/mobiledevice/images/ directory.

You have page/ext/sniper/mobiledevice/images/ and adm/ext/sniper/mobiledevice/images/
which is pulling from who knows where. page/ and adm/ have nothing to do with this ext.

I can't duplicate that problem. You must have something else causing that.
And 2000px max width is way too large for an image or a flash. 600px would be more like it.
Image . -.. / .... ..- -- .--. .... .-. . -.--
No is NEVER an Option and NEVER is the only Option when it comes to Giving Up!

:!: Sniper_E Styles | phpbbmodders :!:
I've Been Banned!

Post by 2600 »

I have the size set to zero now, but I'll try a smaller size. I figured 2000x2000 was good enough for users of multiple monitors or larger screens. So I would accommodate that. I don't allow anyone to upload flash except Admins and Mods.
Morpheus: Unfortunately, no one can be told what The Matrix is. You'll have to see it for yourself.
Hack me.
Consider a canary token.
The nature of my chosen username
:ugeek:
Sniper_E

Post by Sniper_E »

You can set the max-width to whatever you want.

phpBB prosilver style has a max-width:

Code: Select all

#wrap {
	border: 1px solid transparent;
	border-radius: 8px;
	margin: 0 auto;
	max-width: 1152px;
	min-width: 625px;
	padding: 15px;
}
Out of that max-width: 1152px; the forum is smaller and the profile section takes up room.
The actual max space available in the post section is around 870px.

But still... no matter what size I set that to in the ACP, the images still post for me with no error.
I bet you have something else going on in your site. Another extension maybe, I don't know.

Is anyone else having this same problem?

I've Been Banned!

Post by 2600 »

Sniper_E wrote:Is anyone else having this same problem?

Yeah, they were. I created a different board and all my new users and their uncle it seems are using a smartphone. So when the image from this EXT was posted it would shoot the error out. Luckily I caught this right away with another poster disabling parse which for some reason worked to allow him to post.
Morpheus: Unfortunately, no one can be told what The Matrix is. You'll have to see it for yourself.
Hack me.
Consider a canary token.
Sniper_E

Post by Sniper_E »

John connor wrote:
Sniper_E wrote:Is anyone else having this same problem?
Yeah they were, all my new users and their uncle.
:lol: I didn't mean is anyone else on your board having this same problem. Your board is where the problem is located at. I meant is anyone else that has installed this extension having this same problem.

I tried to duplicate the error you are having on three different boards and can not get an error.
And if everyone else and their aunt that has this extension installed is not having that problem...
Then there has to be something on your boards causing that and not this extension.

I will create a new board and install this to check it out one more time.
Where does that page/ and that adm/ come from in your mobile image links?

I am not sure exactly what Enable URL Rewriting: does but check that setting.
John, I really don't know where to help you. But I will check it out again...

I've Been Banned!

Post by 2600 »

Well, the 404's aren't that big of a deal. But what I would like to know is why I have to use 0 in the max image size so that I don't get the error when posting from a mobile device.

I might load up a clean new phpBB board in Xampp and see what happens. Come to think of it, I never tested this in my current Xampp install on the computer. Just on the live site.

I thought the firewall in my .htaccess file was the issue, but it wasn't.

Edit-

Now for some reason my first board works with the 2000x2000 image limit, but the second board doesn't. The second board is an addon domain, which is funny in the way it works you have to add code to the .htaccess code for the domain to redirect properly. Not sure if that's it or not.

Also, in Xampp I don't have this error with the 2000x2000 image setting. This more than likely means a .htaccess issue or the host.
Hack me.
Consider a canary token.
Berthold

Post by Berthold »

Thanks for this cool extension.

Is it possible to use the mobile detection of this extension from another extension (via require or something else)? Or is there another way to detect a mobile device in a php-file?
wkuzma

Post by wkuzma »

I just tried to install this ext and when I select it in acp I get this error

Fatal error: Cannot access private property tas2580\mobilenotifier\acp\mobilenotifier_module::$u_action in /home2/iogcodfo/public_html/test/includes/functions_module.php on line 625
Hippie459MN

Post by Hippie459MN »

Sniper, on v1.0.4 and it is working great on 3.2.0 here but have one little question, How would I go about removing the little mobile device icon next to the username when on a mobile device? Dont really think its necessary (Im pretty sure I know if im on mobile device or a desktop LoL) and I think it takes away from the look and would like to get rid of it.

Thanks.
Sniper_E

Post by Sniper_E »

There is an event template that you can delete to remove that image. I would have to be home to see whichange one. Find the one with viewtopic.php in the name and delete it. Be in acp before you delete and refresh cache after you delete it. The board will give you an error if you don't refresh.

Hippie459MN

Post by Hippie459MN »

Sounds good. :) Thanks.
I've Been Banned!

Post by 2600 »

Delete.
Hack me.
Consider a canary token.
Theriddler1
Name: Theriddler❶

Post by Theriddler1 »

As nice as this extension seems the trouble begins when you uninstall the extension.
You have to keep the phone image files on the server because the phone images are still present in the post pages.

Is it possible to remove them when you uninstall the extension.
Theriddler - Former Moderator @ phpBB.nl | phpBBservice.nl Team-member
Image My Extensions | buy me a beer Image
I've Been Banned!

Post by 2600 »

Theriddler1 wrote: Wed May 31, 2017 8:59 pm As nice as this extension seems the trouble begins when you uninstall the extension.
You have to keep the phone image files on the server because the phone images are still present in the post pages.

Is it possible to remove them when you uninstall the extension.
Yeah, that is a problem. I don't have any reason to remove the extension, but if you change domains or uninstall it, you would have to use the database to remove that line from post's. I don't know what kind of query you could run though.
Hack me.
Consider a canary token.
Theriddler1
Name: Theriddler❶

Post by Theriddler1 »

John connor wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:31 am I don't know what kind of query you could run though.
I have to look into it or even beter the extension author but as it seems this extension uses the img bbcode and it stores into the database in the post pages (post text). If i look for example at another extension "thanks for posts" or Browser & OS in Viewtopic (dmzx) it has it's own database columns so when you remove them you remove all entries out of the post pages no traces left.

So i believe if this extension uses own database tables to store it's data connected with the post id where to show it will be better.
Theriddler - Former Moderator @ phpBB.nl | phpBBservice.nl Team-member
Image My Extensions | buy me a beer Image

Return to “Abandoned Extensions”