Extension Name: Smartfeed
Extension Description: Provides RSS 1.0, RSS 2.0 or Atom 1.0 customized newsfeeds. Users select forums they want, including protected forums if they can access them. There are myriad options to customize the feed. The following features that were in the phpBB 3.0.x modification are not available in the extension: ability to integrate external feeds, ability for users to access posts in non-public forums if mcrypt is not compiled with PHP, the ability to hide Smartfeed sessions, the ability to make the feed work with a specified IP, and the ability to generate a new Smartfeed key. The URL for smartfeed has changed. The URL argument names are different and more concise, so an old Smartfeed URL will not work. IPV6 support is now supported.
Extension Version: 3.0.3
Extension Download: https://phpbbservices.com/smartfeed/sma ... _3.0.3.zip
To speed development of the extension, some features in the 3.0 modification were dropped. They may reappear in future versions. Some major differences between the Smartfeed modification for phpBB 3.0 and the Smartfeed extension for phpBB 3.1 are:
- Integration of external feeds into the newsfeed are not currently supported.
- You cannot hide Smartfeed sessions. In most cases Smartfeed sessions will show up as guest sessions.
- You cannot specify a proxy IP. If you want to use the IP authentication feature, it will apply only to your IP at the time you generated the URI. If your IP changes you will have to regenerate the URI using the Smartfeed user interface.
- You cannot generate a new Smartfeed key.
- You lose the ability to see protected forums if mcrypt is not compiled into PHP. Fortunately, it usually is compiled into PHP so it’s probably not a concern. As a result the PHP Secure Communications library is not part of the extension.
- The feedcreator class is no longer used. Instead, phpBB’s template engine is used to generate Atom, RSS 1.0 and RSS 2.0 feeds.
- The URL for the feed has changed due to the extensions architecture. Previously it was http://www.yoursite.com/yourforum/smartfeed.php. Now it is http://www.yoursite.com/yourforum/app.p ... tfeed/feed. Similarly the URL generator program was http://www.yoursite.com/yourforum/smartfeed_url.php and is now http://www.yoursite.com/yourforum/app.p ... /smartfeed. Consequently, users will have to generate a new URI to use the Smartfeed extension.
- Not only is the URI changed, the URI argument names have changed to try to make the URI more concise:
Code: Select all
// These constants are used to identify URI key/value pair associations. Note these have changed since the phpBB 3.0 mod so URIs will be shorter. define('SMARTFEED_BOOKMARKS', 'b'); // was bookmarks define('SMARTFEED_ENCRYPTION_KEY', 'e'); // unchanged define('SMARTFEED_FEED_STYLE', 'd'); // was feed_style define('SMARTFEED_FEED_TYPE', 'y'); // was feed_type define('SMARTFEED_FILTER_FOES', 'ff'); // was filter_foes define('SMARTFEED_FIRST_POST', 'fp'); // was firstpostonly define('SMARTFEED_FORUMS', 'f'); // was forum define('SMARTFEED_LAST_VISIT', 'l'); // was lastvisit define('SMARTFEED_MARK_PRIVATE_MESSAGES', 'k'); // was pms define('SMARTFEED_MAX_ITEMS', 'x'); // was count_limit define('SMARTFEED_MAX_WORDS', 'w'); // was max_word_size define('SMARTFEED_MIN_WORDS', 'i'); // was min_word_size define('SMARTFEED_PRIVATE_MESSAGE', 'm'); // was pms define('SMARTFEED_REMOVE_MINE', 'r'); // was removemine define('SMARTFEED_SORT_BY', 's'); // was sort_by define('SMARTFEED_TIME_LIMIT', 't'); // was limit define('SMARTFEED_USER_ID', 'u'); // unchanged
- Supports IPV6