[CDB] Smartfeed 3.0.4

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Ideas Centre
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
pantherfan
Name: Tangela

Re: [RC1] Smartfeed 3.0.2

Post by pantherfan »

I can access the forums on the index, if there are separate permissions for Smartfeed, I'm not sure where they are.
MarkDHamill

Git repository change

Post by MarkDHamill »

The Git repository has been moved to this link and contains 3.0.2 as the master. The first post has been updated with the correct link.

https://github.com/MarkDHamill/smartfeed
Need phpBB services or a phpBB consultant? I offer most phpBB services. Getting lost managing phpBB? Buy my book, Mastering phpBB Administration. Covers through phpBB 3.3.7. eBook and paper versions available.
MarkDHamill

Post by MarkDHamill »

pantherfan wrote:I can access the forums on the index, if there are separate permissions for Smartfeed, I'm not sure where they are.
I can assure you that there are no permissions built in for Smartfeed that must be enabled. It looks for READ and LIST permissions on forums to determine if you have the privileges.

It certainly is possible that no permissions have been defined for a forum or forums for the administrator group. That's likely the problem here. If you click on a forum list can you see posts in the forum?

You can set forum permissions for administrators as follows:

ACP > Users and Groups > Group forum permissions the select Administrators.

It's also possible that your username permissions override the group permissions.

ACP > Users and Groups > User forum permissions the select your username.
Need phpBB services or a phpBB consultant? I offer most phpBB services. Getting lost managing phpBB? Buy my book, Mastering phpBB Administration. Covers through phpBB 3.3.7. eBook and paper versions available.
pantherfan
Name: Tangela

Post by pantherfan »

Yes, I can read everything in the forum.
MarkDHamill

Post by MarkDHamill »

I'm afraid without permissions to your forum I could not troubleshoot this. If you are willing to give me such, send me a PM with the authorization information.
leschek

Post by leschek »

Thank you for converting your MOD to extension. When I tried to update my MOD's translation I found in language files some small issues:

in language\en\common.php

'SMARTFEED_LIMIT_SET_EXPLAIN' => 'Irrespective of the time periods shown, this board has a set limit of %d days beyond which no posts can be retrieved... - I think there should be plural array( for days.

'SMARTFEED_NO_ACCESSIBLE_FORUMS' => 'You have no permission to access any forums on this site. If you are registered on this site, you may need the administrator to give you privileges to read forums orreinstate you as an active member - look on word orreinstate

2 x the same line 'SMARTFEED_NO_MCRYPT_SUPPORT'

in language\en is also file ._info_acp_common.php - probably some kind of mac file?
MarkDHamill

Post by MarkDHamill »

On the first item, I believe days is plural. The language string reads:

Code: Select all

'SMARTFEED_LIMIT_SET_EXPLAIN'						=> 'Irrespective of the time periods shown, this board has a set limit of %d days beyond which no posts can be retrieved. This is necessary to ensure that fetching feeds does not slow down overall access to this forum.',
On the second item, thanks for finding the typo. It will be corrected in the next release.

I removed the second mcrypt language string as well.
leschek

Post by leschek »

Thank you for reply.
MarkDHamill wrote:On the first item, I believe days is plural. The language string reads: ...
Yes, days is plural, but some languages have more forms of plural. It's explained here.
david63

Post by david63 »

MarkDHamill wrote:On the first item, I believe days is plural.
If it is possible that it could be one day then you need to apply the Plural Rules
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here
MarkDHamill

Post by MarkDHamill »

Apparently I wasn't aware of the plural rules. I'll have to go through all the language strings before I release and fix these, quite a challenge as I have a lot of language strings.
MarkDHamill

Post by MarkDHamill »

leschek wrote:in language\en is also file ._info_acp_common.php - probably some kind of mac file?
Yes, I must have missed this one. I normally run a dot_clean command to remove these files before publishing. It's an annoying feature of MacOS I wish I could selectively turn off.
david63

Post by david63 »

MarkDHamill wrote:Apparently I wasn't aware of the plural rules.
Not many of us were until somebody else pointed them out to us
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here
Praggle

Post by Praggle »

In subsilver2-template smartfeed_body.html, Line 216 is

<td class="row2" style="padding: 5px; width: 30%;"><span class="gen"><input type="button" name="runit" id="runit" value="{L_SMARTFEED_TEST}" class="btnmain" onclick="run_it();"/></span><br />
Onclick-Value should be: test_feed();

<td class="row2" style="padding: 5px; width: 30%;"><span class="gen"><input type="button" name="runit" id="runit" value="{L_SMARTFEED_TEST}" class="btnmain" onclick="test_feed();"/></span><br />
Praggle

Post by Praggle »

On my server I have no mcrypt installed and I don't have access to the php-configuration of this server. My board has almost no public accessable forums.
Is there no chance, to use smartfeed with those private areas?
MarkDHamill

Post by MarkDHamill »

Praggle wrote:In subsilver2-template smartfeed_body.html, Line 216 is

<td class="row2" style="padding: 5px; width: 30%;"><span class="gen"><input type="button" name="runit" id="runit" value="{L_SMARTFEED_TEST}" class="btnmain" onclick="run_it();"/></span><br />
Onclick-Value should be: test_feed();

<td class="row2" style="padding: 5px; width: 30%;"><span class="gen"><input type="button" name="runit" id="runit" value="{L_SMARTFEED_TEST}" class="btnmain" onclick="test_feed();"/></span><br />
Good catch and thanks. I wasn't sure if anyone would use it with subsilver2 for 3.1 but I converted it anyhow. Missed this one.

Return to “Extensions in Development”