[3.2][DEV] Download System

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Ideas Centre
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
Scanialady
Name: Annette

Re: [3.2][DEV] Download System

Post by Scanialady » Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:04 pm

It stores locally on your own server, this is the intended behavior.
Webseite, Blog, Wiki Deutsche Übersetzungen - german language files
My 2 cents: Whether an extension is in the CDB says nothing about its quality. It is more important to read the support topics for it. Better to avoid authors who do not answer support questions themselves, who do not update their stuff, and who do not fix bugs for years.

Talk19Zehn

Post by Talk19Zehn » Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:23 am

Hi dmzx, I have a question of understanding the procedure of the descriptions. The following observation: *Any editing into the DL-description reacts on the downloadpage ....
Suppose I corrected only a simple text error and corrected therefore the DL-description: I am surprised that below the description "Upload on" another line "Last changed" is displayed. This information in this line is output regardless of whether the display last edited function is activated or not.
Can I turn this feature "on" or "off" separately into the DL-EXT? I can not find a solution. What am I doing wrong?
Thank you for advice or solution. Or is something already in progress to change the procedure possibly already known?

===
*) Can somebody confirm this?

Best regards
World Meteorological Organization (WMO) Weather - Climate - Water
BTW: My own works - phpBB - read more: ongray-design-de or look here: phpBB VT Theme

Talk19Zehn

Post by Talk19Zehn » Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:06 pm

Hello, unfortunately the requests remained unanswered. Thank´s very much that DMZX carried out the transfer of the MOD from the original authors. Good luck and best wishes. :)

BTW: :)
Okay, the german-language translation (without warranty) just as announced has been removed from my (the) server.
World Meteorological Organization (WMO) Weather - Climate - Water
BTW: My own works - phpBB - read more: ongray-design-de or look here: phpBB VT Theme

Holger

Post by Holger » Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:47 am

Remember that there already is a powerful download system available: https://github.com/oxpus/Download-32-Extension
In use by the author here: https://phpbb3.oxpus.net/dlext/?cat=8
I have been using the DL Mod/Ext since early phpBB2.

Return to “Extensions in Development”