Author: Pierre Duhem
Extension Description: Glossary for phpBB 3.1.x
Extension Version: 1.4.4
- * Glossary static page displaying the content of the phpbb3_glossary table
- * Glossary edition page reserved for administrator, to edit entries, create new ones, etc.
- * Glossary term tagging in topics
History: this extension was ported from a MOD called Lexicon/Acronym, whose roots are pretty impenetrables. See in particular:
In the headers of some files, il seems that the acronym part was a project of the phpBB team, but I could not ascertain anything.
1. Download the latest release.
2. Unzip the downloaded release, and change the name of the folder to `gloss`.
3. In the `ext` directory of your phpBB board, create a new directory named `lmdi` (if it does not already exist).
4. Copy the `gloss` folder to `/ext/lmdi/`.
5. Navigate in the ACP to `Customise -> Manage extensions`.
6. Look for `LMDI Glossary` under the Disabled Extensions list, and click its `Enable` link.
Enable the feature in the ACP (Extension tab).
Some users dislike the tagging of terms in the posts. Therefore, there is an option
to disable it individually in the UCP.
1. Navigate in the ACP to `Customise -> Extension Management -> Extensions`.
2. Look for `LMDI Glossary` under the Enabled Extensions list, and click its `Disable` link.
3. To permanently uninstall, click `Delete Data` and then delete the `/ext/lmdi/gloss` folder.
Just drop the extension files in the folder ext/lmdi/gloss, then activate the extension in the ACP.
Write a topic on a test forum with the terms appearing in the variants column. This column can contain singular and plural forms, etc.
Nothing for the time being.
I'm also open to all suggestions, remarks, critics, etc.
Thanks in advance.