[CDB] Application Form

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Get Involved
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
mythbran

Re: [RC] Application Form

Post by mythbran »

Is there any way to make this extension look and have the same functionality as this http://prntscr.com/9uwlah?
scott wray

Post by scott wray »

Hey there! I just wanted to stop by and thank you for porting this mod.

I was curious if you had any plans to add functionality to the ACP that allows us to add forum fields? It seems very limited for the data input but the functionality is amazing!
wkuzma

Post by wkuzma »

scott wray wrote:Hey there! I just wanted to stop by and thank you for porting this mod.

I was curious if you had any plans to add functionality to the ACP that allows us to add forum fields? It seems very limited for the data input but the functionality is amazing!
I would like to know if it is possible to add more questions to the application form?
One or two more question fields would be great.
sakkiotto

Post by sakkiotto »

It's possible to add the attachments field like "contact board administration" ... so a user can send your file presentation (cv) in case of request to work etc. ?
;)
nero

Post by nero »

One thing you may have not thought of! :D

What if people apply more than once? You should make it disable for the spot after a person applies once for it. If you could do it, great, if not don't worry about it :)
ikpoko

Post by ikpoko »

How do I see this ext in action?
nero

Post by nero »

ikpoko wrote:How do I see this ext in action?
Install it on a demo board.
durangod
Name: Dave

Post by durangod »

Yes i love this too, excellent job! But if you have been around here a while, you know he always does great work.. :)

I too would like to see if some custom fields can be added, even some coded fields would be great and just let us rename them to our needs. I have a gaming community and i will use this for the application for full membership but i need more fields

Such as:

Your first name only
How did you hear about us?
If referred, who referred you?
Have you ever cheated at a game?
Have you ever been banned on a game server?
If so what game was it?
if so under what name?
if so please explain when this was and what happened?

Why do you want to be a part of our team/community?

Any username that you have used in gaming for the last 5 years. Try to remember, its important.

Any previous clans, teams, platoons that you have belonged to in the last 5 years. Their names and why you left.

Tell us some of the games you play.
What country are you from? If from the USA then what state.
Are you currently in the military or ex military? If so then what was/is your pay grade and time in service?

To your knowledge have you ever been reported to GGC, PBBans, ACI, or Metabans Anti-cheat Networks?
If so what game was it?
if so under what name?
if so please explain when this was and what happened?

Do you have any problem speaking english?
Do you have any problem with using teamspeak?

Also a question... i just submitted the form as a test... where does it go? is there a ext panel to view, does it go to email? i dont see it?
RMcGirr83
Recognised Extension Developer
Name: Rich McGirr

Post by RMcGirr83 »

durangod wrote:Also a question... i just submitted the form as a test... where does it go? is there a ext panel to view, does it go to email? i dont see it?
It gets posted into the forum that is selected in the ACP.
Appreciate the extensions/mods/support then buy me a beerImage
Former Modifications/Extensions Team Member | My extensions | github | All requests for support via PM will be ignored
durangod
Name: Dave

Post by durangod »

RMcGirr83 wrote:It gets posted into the forum that is selected in the ACP.
Ok yeah I see it now, great thanks.. I thought so and I did look but it was not there at first, maybe it takes a sec to do its thing or maybe I was just dog tired and blind lol hee hee

However I don't think the email address should ever be visible, not even for other members when they look at the application as well since we have a democratic vote style membership process. So even if I put permission on the forum for members only, they could still see the applicants email address which is a privacy issue for us.

But I don't know what the solution would be here, if we hide the email address on the application then admin cant see it. Unless we can put a permission on the field itself which I don't think is possible thru permissions, it would have to be a "if is admin" coding statement.

One thought here maybe just remove the email address from the application, I would think most boards would required someone to register before applying anyway so the email would not need to be on the application itself maybe just the username instead.

Your thoughts on that ?

UPDATE - Hey Rich I modified my version, I changed the style ap form, added keys to the lang keys, and added the field names to the controller file to the error control as well as to the $apply_post. But when I print r the $apply_ post value my new fields do not show up in the post. If I send you those three files do you have time to look at it to see where I missed something?. It should post and I don't know why its not...

UPDATE2: hey I got it, I forgot to add the output vars to the top of the lang file for my fields.
Hey would you like a copy of this just to have it maybe you can offer a custom gaming version, it came out nice. Its all yours if you want it :) just let me know where I can send it :)
RMcGirr83
Recognised Extension Developer
Name: Rich McGirr

Re: [CDB] Application Form

Post by RMcGirr83 »

Extension has been validated and released. Requests for assistance with the extension should be posted in the extensions database support area.

Topic locked.
Appreciate the extensions/mods/support then buy me a beerImage
Former Modifications/Extensions Team Member | My extensions | github | All requests for support via PM will be ignored

Return to “Extensions in Development”