[CDB] Digests 3.2.11

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Scam Warning
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
MarkDHamill

Re: [RC] Digests 3.2.4-RC11

Post by MarkDHamill »

There's not much to go on here. Perhaps the easiest way to write the files is as follows:
  • Delete the files and folders you created.
  • Download the 3.2.4 archive from my Digests page
  • Expand it before uploading
  • Upload the phpbbservices folder inside your ext folder
It should appear on the Customise tab in the ACP under Manage extensions, allowing you to install it.

Then go back and read the first post for how to do further setup and testing.
Need phpBB services or a phpBB consultant? I offer most phpBB services. Getting lost managing phpBB? Buy my book, Mastering phpBB Administration. Covers through phpBB 3.3.7. eBook and paper versions available.
3Di
I've Been Banned!
Name: Marco

Post by 3Di »

Download the 3.2.4 archive from my Digests page (url removed)
Why are you requiring to download from an external page which sets a lot of cookies not really well identified (well.. not by my side, created by yourself) http://prntscr.com/gapeua

Today I went through of my cookies (and localStorage BTW) and I found a not expiring stuffs from your site which I visited a long time ago. Please offer a direct download link free of "oyster eggs", as per this Topic Starter. :geek:
🆓 Free support for our extensions also provided here: phpBB Studio
🚀 Looking for a specific feature or alternative option? We will rock you!
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx. Buy me a coffee -> Image
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user º Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades
MarkDHamill

Post by MarkDHamill »

No one is required to download from my site. The archive is also available on GitHub. However, currently on GitHub the archive you get is not inside a phpbbservices directory. Yes I know this can be changed. This adds complexity.

I was looking to simplify the process for this user.

My site uses Wordpress which will set various cookies.
Need phpBB services or a phpBB consultant? I offer most phpBB services. Getting lost managing phpBB? Buy my book, Mastering phpBB Administration. Covers through phpBB 3.3.7. eBook and paper versions available.
BigRed01

Post by BigRed01 »

I'm sorry if I have missed this, is it possible to remove the digest options from showing in the emails?
MarkDHamill

Post by MarkDHamill »

There is no switch to suppress it. You can edit the /ext/phpbbservices/digests/language/en/ files to remove the markup for text and HTML digests, then purge the cache but when digests are updated they will reappear.
Unweliath

Post by Unweliath »

Hi Mark, first a big thank you for this great Extension! I am still setting it up and I love the big variety of settings.

I have one issue: I have set the user default setting "Maximum words to display in a post" to 20. However, this seems not to be provisioned to the individual user's settings. In the UCP this field is always empty and the sent digests contain the full message, until the user specifically changes this setting for himself. Is this a bug or am I missing some other setting?

Edit: Nevermind: I realized that the user has to cancel and newly subscribe to the digests to enable this feature. I lost days on this :lol:
scriptman

Post by scriptman »

Great extension, but the email formatting should have a template system sought of, so it could be more friendly.
Also the ACP settings isn't reflecting for the users, even after setting it and registered a new user, the ACP settings still doesn't apply and sends the full forum posts each time.
MarkDHamill

Post by MarkDHamill »

If you set the maximum display words to 20 then no post should contain more than 20 words in a post in the digest. Of course digests mailed before changing the policy won't reflect this change.

If you are using Edit subscribers to change individual settings, it should work and has never failed in my testing. The extension does use phpBB's templating system, but it's a bit odd in that to send email you have to use templates in the language folder but to assemble the posts and private messages I found I had to do that with the regular templating system.
uruguayito

Post by uruguayito »

I love this ext.

How can I make just the title of the topics appear in the email that is sent to the users?
I speak spanish
Sorry for my bad english
MarkDHamill

Post by MarkDHamill »

You can't force this behavior. However, you can set the default when people subscribe to digests to show new topics only (ACP > Extensions > Digests > User default settings > Types of posts in digest). Set to First posts of topics only. You can also use Edit Subscribers to change this for those already subscribed, but they can always change it through the UCP Digests interface.
uruguayito

Post by uruguayito »

Thank you very much :mrgreen:
I speak spanish
Sorry for my bad english
kpripper

Post by kpripper »

I'm trying to enable this extension (version 3.0.7 on my board version 3.1.3), but I get an error when I turn on it:

Something went wrong during the request and an exception was thrown. The changes made before the error occurred were reversed to the best of our abilities, but you should check the board for errors.

The migration "\phpbbservices\digests\migrations\release_3_0_5" is not fulfillable, missing migration "\phpbbservices\digests\migrations\release_3_0_2_modules".

What kind of migration, if this is my first installation?
How to enable this extension?
MarkDHamill

Post by MarkDHamill »

To run Digests 3.0.7 you need to upgrade phpBB to 3.1.9 or some higher version of 3.1. From ext.php:

Code: Select all

public function is_enableable()
	{
		$config = $this->container->get('config');
		// phpBB 3.2 is not supported. phpBB 3.1.9 and above is required.
		return ( phpbb_version_compare($config['version'], '3.1.9', '>=') || (phpbb_version_compare($config['version'], '3.2.0@dev', '<')) );
	}
DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Customisations Team Leader
Name: David Colón

Post by DavidIQ »

Suddenly digests stopped being sent from a client's site. There is only one entry of digests being sent that is being added to the logs when I enable the Write all digest actions to the admin log option:

Code: Select all

A digest was sent to {Username} for date 2017-8-1 and hour 0 UTC containing 19 posts and 0 private messages
(Where {Username} is an actual user)
This log entry is actually from today so not sure why it's still trying to send from August 1st, before that it was September 1st so it's regressed a month. Any clues on what may have caused this or what I should look at before going in and dissecting code? For now I've reset the mailer to see if that helps at all.
Apply to become a Jr. Extension Validator
My extensions | In need of phpBB services? | Was I helpful today?
No unsolicited PMs unless you're planning on asking for paid help.
MarkDHamill

Post by MarkDHamill »

It may be trying to play catch up and incrementally send out a month or more of digests.

You can use the Reset mailer function for digests in the ACP to stop the game of catch up. It should then send for the current day and hour.

I have not seen this in my testing.

Return to “Extensions in Development”