[CDB] Digests 3.2.11

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Ideas Centre
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
stevenospam

Re: [RC] Digests 3.2.6

Post by stevenospam »

Most of the users of my board speak Spanish. Is there a Spanish option for Digests? Right now when I look at the User Control Panel the Digests tab is all in English.
MarkDHamill

Post by MarkDHamill »

Not at the moment. You can help by contributing a translation.
Need phpBB services or a phpBB consultant? I offer most phpBB services. Getting lost managing phpBB? Buy my book, Mastering phpBB Administration. Covers through phpBB 3.3.7. eBook and paper versions available.
stevenospam

Post by stevenospam »

OK, that's out of my skill set but I'll look for someone.
MarkDHamill

Post by MarkDHamill »

All you need is a text editor and maybe a little bit of PHP syntax knowledge. For Spanish basically you would translate everything in /language/en in the digests extension and place it in a /language/es folder.
Need phpBB services or a phpBB consultant? I offer most phpBB services. Getting lost managing phpBB? Buy my book, Mastering phpBB Administration. Covers through phpBB 3.3.7. eBook and paper versions available.
whocarez

Post by whocarez »

Hi Mark,
updated after a while to 3.2.6 and tried to enter some tags to strip, like the above mentioned iframe. The tags weren't saved and than I recognized, that the table phpbb_config lacks

Code: Select all

phpbbservices_digests_strip_tags
. After manually adding this, I could save the tags. This probably should be automatically added somewhere in the migration process.
stevenospam

Post by stevenospam »

MarkDHamill wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 12:31 am All you need is a text editor and maybe a little bit of PHP syntax knowledge. For Spanish basically you would translate everything in /language/en in the digests extension and place it in a /language/es folder.
All I need to do right now is change the template that is used to generate the digests in html format. If you could point me to the directory/file where this is, I can get someone to translate it.
MarkDHamill

Post by MarkDHamill »

whocarez wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 1:10 pm Hi Mark,
updated after a while to 3.2.6 and tried to enter some tags to strip, like the above mentioned iframe. The tags weren't saved and than I recognized, that the table phpbb_config lacks

Code: Select all

phpbbservices_digests_strip_tags
. After manually adding this, I could save the tags. This probably should be automatically added somewhere in the migration process.
Thanks for noticing this. I'm surprised I missed it. If a configuration variable does not exist phpBB should create it anyhow, so I'm surprised it tripped you up.
MarkDHamill

Post by MarkDHamill »

stevenospam wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 1:16 pm
MarkDHamill wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 12:31 am All you need is a text editor and maybe a little bit of PHP syntax knowledge. For Spanish basically you would translate everything in /language/en in the digests extension and place it in a /language/es folder.
All I need to do right now is change the template that is used to generate the digests in html format. If you could point me to the directory/file where this is, I can get someone to translate it.
You should not need to change these because there are no language words within them, just template variables. phpBB is a bit peculiar because email templates must go in the language folder, so just copy /language/en/email to /language/es/email. The HTML ones are digests_html.txt and digests_plain_html.txt.
infinitiv
Name: Ficjusz

Post by infinitiv »

What does this extension do? I read the first post and I still don’t have a clue.
MarkDHamill

Post by MarkDHamill »

morkus

Post by morkus »

I tried to install this extension in a brand new 3.2.2 phpBB, but when I went to enable it (in customize->Manage extensions), I got this:

Catchable fatal error: Argument 1 passed to phpbbservices\digests\core\common::__construct() must be an instance of phpbb\language\language, none given, called in /..../public_html/ext/phpbbservices/digests/migrations/release_3_0_2_data.php on line 33 and defined in /.../public_html/ext/phpbbservices/digests/core/common.php on line 27

Suggestions?

Thanks,

- M
Hartenheer
Name: Willem Hartman

Post by Hartenheer »

infinitiv wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 10:14 am What does this extension do? I read the first post and I still don’t have a clue.
:lol: :lol: I am not the only one
Sorry English is not my native language :oops:
regards: Willem

https://bierfijnproevers.nl/bierforum
MarkDHamill

3.2.7 prerelease

Post by MarkDHamill »

Version 3.2.6 did not pass a review by the extensions team. Requested changes though were quite minor.

I am nearing a 3.2.7 release which you can see on the GitHub Master. Since 3.2.6, a lot of issues were discovered due to bugs to the migrator that were apparently introduced in phpBB 3.2.2, some identified in this topic. This causes a number of new issues, most typically an issue with leaving module data when the extension's data deleted that causes reenabling the extension to fail. This fix to phpBB 3.2.2 will make the error go away.

In addition I never did a test on 3.2 for migrating digests from the digests mod and this failed in all circumstances due to the inability of the migrator to remove these old modules. These issues did not happen on phpBB 3.1 but do on 3.2. This version has a patch I am hoping will be accepted that uses SQL to delete these modules rather than the migrator's module.exist() and module.remove() functions.

Summary of changes:
  • $this->request->is_set() is used instead of isset($_REQUEST['config']) and $this->db->sql_escape() is used instead of addslashes($balance) in /acp/main_module.php (extension team request)
  • Including html_messenger class is done inside the digests class (extension team request)
  • Moved topics are no longer in the digest
  • Files written to cache when manually running the digest now include a unique ID, minimizing any security concern
  • Lots of cleanup of various installation programs. Most importantly, convert_mod_modules.php will delete digest mod modules using SQL rather than depend on the phpBB's buggy migration modules
  • release_3.0.6.php removed because it actually introduces problems that only need fixing in <1% of cases
  • release_3.2.7.php finally adds a missing configuration variable, phpbbservices_digests_strip_tags
  • A dialog error that can occur in the UCP interface now looks professional (jQueryUI and CSS fixes)
MarkDHamill

Post by MarkDHamill »

Hartenheer wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 5:45 pm
infinitiv wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 10:14 am What does this extension do? I read the first post and I still don’t have a clue.
:lol: :lol: I am not the only one
The first post has been updated.
Hippie459MN

Re: 3.2.7 prerelease

Post by Hippie459MN »

MarkDHamill wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 5:48 pm Version 3.2.6 did not pass a review by the extensions team. Requested changes though were quite minor.

I am nearing a 3.2.7 release which you can see on the GitHub Master.
Thanks for this. Another forum im on has something similar and glad to see someone made something for phpbb. I just downlaoded the master (3.2.7) and going to give it a go.

Return to “Extensions in Development”