$this->config['phpbbservices_digests_cron_task_last_gc']is updated every time the digests mailer is run successfully, whether it sends out digests or not. The mailer is normally run from a phpBB cron, but if you set up a system cron you need to make sure it is set to run regularly, i.e. at least once an hour because the expectation is that one or more digests may go out for any hour. This ensures timely delivery of digests, usually in the hour requested, or shortly afterward. The documentation on the system cron shows the cron being run every minute. That's probably overkill. In any event the digest mailer will get run if the cron is executed and an hour or more has elapsed since the last time a digest was sent out, based on the value stored above in the
Administration Control Panel
- NEW FEATURE: Switch allows administrator to show the full forum path in digests. If set this applies to all users.
- NEW FEATURE: Dates are translated into the language needed. The PHP date function only works with English formatted dates. strftime and a new function is used to translate things like month names from English to the language desired.
- MAJOR BUG FIX: Migrations of Digests from phpBB 3.0 no longer fails because an instance of the tools factory was not first declared. (This was not necessary in phpBB 3.1.)
- MAJOR ENHANCEMENT: HTML digests look "prettier". Background colors subtly change between posts within a topic making it easier to distinguish when posts begin and end. Background colors are consistent. Page background is now white. DIV boxes containing text no longer stretch across the width of the window.
- NEW FEATURE: If show the forum path is enabled, the forum name in the digest will appear something like Category 1 :: Forum 1 :: Category A :: Forum B. Otherwise it will just show Forum B.
- MAJOR BUG FIX: List of posts for the time period is no longer constrained by the SQL call to limit the maximum number of digests based on the administrator or user's maximum posts settings. This can cause other users to not see posts.
- MAJOR BUG FIX: Fixed bug that did not correctly compute month start and end dates for monthly digests. Date function was incorrectly called generating a warning.
- NEW FEATURE: Digest translator can now be optionally identified and linked at the bottom of the digest.
- MAJOR BUG FIX: Fixed bug that did not properly sort posts for some digests because no array was initialized.
- NEW FEATURE: Dates appearing in digests are now translated to show month names and days of week (including abbreviations) in the user's language.
mail_digest.phpto do this once an hour every day of the week, and only once an hour.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 24 guests