Author: Pierre Duhem
Extension Description: Autolinks for phpBB 3.1.x
Extension Version: 1.1.0
This extension is a minimalist port of MODs for 3.0.x. The extension manages a table with terms and URLs and replace automatically the terms with clickable links.
Extension Download: https://github.com/pierrdu/lmdi_autolin ... master.zip
History: this extension was ported from a MOD called Autolink 1.0.3, whose author doesn't have plans to port the code himself. There is also another comparable MOD called Th23 Autolinks. This extension doesn't allow multiple URLs for a single term with selected rates of insertion.
1. Download the latest release.
2. Unzip the downloaded release, and change the name of the folder to `autolinks`.
3. In the `ext` directory of your phpBB board, create a new directory named `lmdi` (if it does not already exist).
4. Copy the `autolinks` folder to `/ext/lmdi/`.
5. Navigate in the ACP to `Customise -> Manage extensions`.
6. Look for `LMDI Autolinks` under the Disabled Extensions list, and click its `Enable` link.
1. Navigate in the ACP to `Customise -> Extension Management -> Extensions`.
2. Look for `LMDI Autolinks` under the Enabled Extensions list, and click its `Disable` link.
3. To permanently uninstall, click `Delete Data` and then delete the `/ext/lmdi/autolinks` folder.
The extension exploits data pairs which have to be entered in the ACP. In the ACP, tab Extensions, select Autolinks. The extension displays an empty table and, above, a link to add a term. Click on it. In the entry form, type a word or a phrase in the upper entry zone, like
Ferrari. The extension is not case sensitive. Below, in the URL entry zone, type an URL, like
Do it again for more entries. When finished, go to the board index an open a test topic. In the post, type any text and, within the text, one or several of the words you gave in. For instance
I drive a Ferrari.. Save and look at the result. The word
Ferrariis now a link to the Ferrari Web site.
This is how it works. Simple, but powerful. The use depends clearly on what your forum is or does.
Nothing for the time being.
I'm open to all suggestions, remarks, critics, etc.
Thanks in advance.