Fnor wrote:- the possibility to mark several answers if one doesn't answer the question fully
Due to the complexity of the code, it's not something easily accomplished. Also, "best" means that out of a given set, it is of the most excellent and effective.
I understand that it may be too difficult to code, but I would already be so happy with what you propose !
I tested the extension this weekend so here are a few comments :
I had a little trouble to configure the permissions so that the authors can act on their topics and the moderators on all topics, but it is most probably due to the way phpBB handles the permissions (the tons on them) and the fact I haven't been there for quite a long time. After that, it worked like a charm.
Ironically enough, I can mark the answers, they are correctly identified (both on topic list and inside the subject) and counted*, but i didn't get any message in the first topic about the best answer (which was one of my suggestion). Is there some configuration to do there? I do not get any error, the "best answer" simply isn't mentioned.
Other than that, I have one thing to say: great work
. The plugin does perfectly what it says.
To make it even better, I would suggest that you add a configuration page in the admin to allow the users to customize what is displayed (some of them I already mentioned):
- chose the way to mark a topic on the topic list (just the icon or with the text "answered")
- chose what to show in the first message (said in last message)
- chose where to show the counter of answered topics (side of the message, member profile, member list)
- maybe have the option to get a quick message at the start of a "best answer" (such as "This message was selected as the best answer").
Another nice addition would be to make the "answered" sign clickable to get directly to the best answer (from topic list, or any page in the topic).
Finally, I don't know if you thought of it but marking the topics in the search results could be extra awesome would be extra nice if it can easily be made (otherwise it's probably not worth the time required).
Well, keep the great work, I would like to see this extension approved
If it goes forward you can expect my help for a French translation.
* The very first message i marked worked well, however it couldn't be found when i clicked on the link saying the member had one "best answer". I couldn't replicate the issue so I assumed it might be due to something I did before getting the right setup.