[CDB] Contact Admin

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Scam Warning
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
Erenbur
Name: Sergey Malyshev

Re: [RC] Contact Admin

Post by Erenbur »

bonelifer wrote:I haven't had any conflicts using it with that recaptcha2 extension.
I have after sending the letter says: Unable to find template "@rmcgirr83_contactadmin/contact.txt" (looked into: ).
Erenbur

Post by Erenbur »

If you use the extension Quick Login extension Contact Admin for authorization while in the page "Contact" insert recaptcha into a form of entering a username and password.
Erenbur

Post by Erenbur »

Then discuss this extension, also, these errors are found http://www.phpbbguru.net/community/view ... 15#p490199
bonelifer
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Name: William

Post by bonelifer »

You should of mentioned you were using the email option. I opted for it posting to topic in a forum.

:MODERATOR HAT on:
Please in the future just edit your last post if no one has posted since your last post. We have a 6 hour bump rule. https://www.phpbb.com/rules/#bumping

:MODERATOR HAT off:
William Jacoby - Community Team
Knowledge Base | phpBB Board Rules | Search Customisation Database
Please don't contact me via PM or email for phpBB support .
Erenbur

Post by Erenbur »

Yes, if in the settings of the extension, choose Forum post then the error disappears. But if you choose to communicate via email, then the bug is.

Sorry, the rules are not read, due to poor knowledge of English. Comment noted.
RMcGirr83
Former Team Member
Name: Rich McGirr

Post by RMcGirr83 »

Erenbur wrote:But if you choose to communicate via email, then the bug is.
It is because you are using a language different than en and there is no email template within the extension for that language.

This is a fault of phpBB itself.

https://github.com/phpbb/phpbb/pull/3527

So to remedy, create a lang directory with the same name in use on your forum (basically copy and rename the en directory within the extension lanugage directory) and then translate the email template into that language.
Former Modifications/Extensions Team Member | My extensions | github | All requests for support via PM will be ignored
Appreciate the extensions/mods/support then buy me a beer Image
RMcGirr83
Former Team Member

Post by RMcGirr83 »

Erenbur wrote:If you use the extension Quick Login extension Contact Admin for authorization while in the page "Contact" insert recaptcha into a form of entering a username and password.
If I understand you correctly, the Quick Login extension is inserting a username and password to login when within the contact page. That would seem to indicate that it is that extension that is conflicting with this one.
Former Modifications/Extensions Team Member | My extensions | github | All requests for support via PM will be ignored
Erenbur

Post by Erenbur »

Проще нарисовать:

RMcGirr83
Former Team Member

Post by RMcGirr83 »

Sorry, I'm not Russian nor do I speak nor understand it.

Further that would appear to be a quick login extension, not a quick reply extension as you originally stated
Hi! Write through the translator, so sorry for the style :) You have a conflict with the reCaptcha extension 2.0 https://github.com/gothick/phpbb-ext-recaptcha2 and QuickReply https://github.com/BoardTools/QuickReply
EDIT: If it is this extension then the reason the CAPTCHA displays is because of this code within the quick_login.html file

Code: Select all

<!-- IF CAPTCHA_TEMPLATE and S_CONFIRM_CODE -->
                    <!-- DEFINE $CAPTCHA_TAB_INDEX = 3 -->
                    <!-- INCLUDE {CAPTCHA_TEMPLATE} -->
                <!-- ENDIF -->
which shouldn't be there as it isn't needed for logging in. So it is indeed an problem with that extension and not this one.
Erenbur

Post by Erenbur »

Sorry, wrong :))) Of Course the Quick Login.

Thanks for the help, I will correct on my forum files.
RMcGirr83
Former Team Member

Post by RMcGirr83 »

github updated

sakkiotto

Post by sakkiotto »

Hi im again here :D
i have a good idea.... it's possible to add a checkbox for private post (not private message - only visible administrator and user that maked request), where the user can safely write data type servers, ftp etc. ? I hope I explained myself
Raul [ThE KuKa]
Style Customisations
Style Customisations
Name: Raul Arroyo

Post by Raul [ThE KuKa] »

It is good idea, but configuring different forums and groups permissions can also do that you said.

Remember that it is RC (queue validation now) and it is very likely that new features are not included by Rich until the next version/revision (of course, if Rich want to add more changes).

Best regads.

@Rich,
It works perfectly, another extension very useful. :wink:
All unsolicited PMs will be ignored.
:warning: Knowledge Base | Documentation | Board rules | phpBB Styles Rules & Policies | Styles Queue Stats :warning:

If you like my styles, translations, etc. and want to show some appreciation, then feel free to Donate.
:flag_es: phpBB Spain - Online Since 2003 :heart:

RMcGirr83
Former Team Member

Post by RMcGirr83 »

sakkiotto wrote:Hi im again here :D
i have a good idea.... it's possible to add a checkbox for private post (not private message - only visible administrator and user that maked request), where the user can safely write data type servers, ftp etc. ? I hope I explained myself
Choose the forum type of notification where the user can input whatever they like and an administrator can then PM the user making the post which will include the information the user posted about. This latest version is not in the queue (and after looking at it closer, I don't believe the original version uploaded into the CDB will get approved).

The user still will not be able to read the post in the forum that it is posted to if the permissions are set to not allow that user to read that forum...but everything can then be handled via PM (the administrator responding can also include all users found within the Administrator group if group PM'ing is set allowed for that group).

@Raul, gracias! :)
Louis7777

Post by Louis7777 »

Okay okay I know... "keep it simple" is the way it should be but I'm just letting you know that I so wish this was in the core.

Sweet extension.

Return to “Extensions in Development”