[CDB] Contact Admin

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Ideas Centre
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
sunster

Re: [RC] Contact Admin

Post by sunster »

Thanks a lot. Working perfectly in 3.1.8. Was getting spam all of a sudden on our contact page and was looking for a solution.
Nephilim

Post by Nephilim »

Hello!
After installation and activation of your extension I always get this message on the contact page:
Service Unavailable
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.
After that your extension is disabled.
What do I miss?
RMcGirr83
Former Team Member
Name: Rich McGirr

Post by RMcGirr83 »

Check the logs in the ACP.
Former Modifications/Extensions Team Member | My extensions | github | All requests for support via PM will be ignored
Appreciate the extensions/mods/support then buy me a beer Image
HillBilly419

Post by HillBilly419 »

Hey Rich, I hate to bug you again, but is it possible to get the email address and the "reason" in the subject line that get posted in the forum? if so, how? Right now I have a bot set to make posts for everyone, and the posts are going into a nonpublic forum.

also, while i am bugging you ;) is it possible to get a referring page on the incoming post ( the page the person was on when they pushed the contact us button)??

thanks much, amigo.
RMcGirr83
Former Team Member

Post by RMcGirr83 »

HillBilly419 wrote:Hey Rich, I hate to bug you again, but is it possible to get the email address and the "reason" in the subject line that get posted in the forum?
Reason should be the subject. To add the users email address, edit this line in the main_controller file

https://github.com/rmcgirr83/contactadm ... r.php#L438

and make it like this

Code: Select all

submit_post('post', $subject . ' - ' . $data['email'], $this->user->data['username'], POST_NORMAL, $poll, $post_data); 
BUT that will also add registered users email addresses to the subject line of the topic as well.
also, while i am bugging you ;) is it possible to get a referring page on the incoming post ( the page the person was on when they pushed the contact us button)??
Nope, sorry.
Former Modifications/Extensions Team Member | My extensions | github | All requests for support via PM will be ignored
HillBilly419

Post by HillBilly419 »

RMcGirr83 wrote:Reason should be the subject.
BUT that will also add registered users email addresses to the subject line of the topic as well.
agreed on the subject, but for reasons of our site we also need to classify by email address. It just makes it easier on us rather than editing the subject line and inserting the address on every contact us form. For us an email address is unique so it doesn't matter if we need members separated from guests. TY very much!! :D
HillBilly419 wrote:also, while i am bugging you ;) is it possible to get a referring page on the incoming post ( the page the person was on when they pushed the contact us button)??
RMcGirr83 wrote:Nope, sorry.
thanks anyhow. I've edited the text in the contact us box to say please include the URL you are contacting us about... it is as good as it gets I guess, but either people don't read it, or just don't know what a URL is....
RMcGirr83
Former Team Member

Post by RMcGirr83 »

Members name is included in the message sent to the forum (which is a clickable link). If a guest the email address is included within the message sent in the forum post.
LukeWCS

Post by LukeWCS »

@RMcGirr83

Thanx for this ext, it have exactly the features i missed with the standard contact feature. :)

One suggestion: we need own (longer) text with bbcode for the contact page, it would be helpfully if there is another option in the ACP part from Contact Admin for display the text from the standard contact page. Sorry, my english isn't the best, what i mean:

Visual confirmation for guests only: Yes/No
Display text from "Contact page settings": Yes/No
Check Username: Yes/No

Then, i found the variable {CONTACT_INFO} in the standard template "memberlist_email.html". I think this variable displays the text i mean. If your ext shows this text above the Contact Admin form it would be perfect.
May the backup be with you. Always.
HillBilly419

Post by HillBilly419 »

RMcGirr83 wrote:Members name is included in the message sent to the forum (which is a clickable link). If a guest the email address is included within the message sent in the forum post.

and that is perfect for what we use, Rich. can I just swap around the

$subject . ' - ' . $data['email']
to get the email addy to appear first? or am I asking too many questions now?? :D
RMcGirr83
Former Team Member

Post by RMcGirr83 »

Sure you can swap them.

$data['email'] . ' - ' . $subject
HillBilly419

Post by HillBilly419 »

Thanks again Rich, beautiful as always :D

hey do you have plans of submitting this to be an approved extension so another 12K+ people can use it??? maybe more than that if it will also work on 3.2.x now that 3.1.x is old....
RMcGirr83
Former Team Member

Post by RMcGirr83 »

I submitted it to the CDB almost one month ago and it is currently coded to work in both 3.1 and 3.2
Nephilim

Post by Nephilim »

RMcGirr83 wrote:Check the logs in the ACP.
Thank you, I found the solution in the logs.
Erenbur
Name: Sergey Malyshev

Post by Erenbur »

Hi! Write through the translator, so sorry for the style :) You have a conflict with the reCaptcha extension 2.0 https://github.com/gothick/phpbb-ext-recaptcha2 and QuickReply https://github.com/BoardTools/QuickReply
bonelifer
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Name: William

Post by bonelifer »

Erenbur wrote:Hi! Write through the translator, so sorry for the style :) You have a conflict with the reCaptcha extension 2.0 https://github.com/gothick/phpbb-ext-recaptcha2 and QuickReply https://github.com/BoardTools/QuickReply
I haven't had any conflicts using it with that recaptcha2 extension.
William Jacoby - Community Team
Knowledge Base | phpBB Board Rules | Search Customisation Database
Please don't contact me via PM or email for phpBB support .

Return to “Extensions in Development”