[3.3][RC] [3.1][3.2][RC] PhpBB IUM (Inactive User Manager/reminder)

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Ideas Centre
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
P@InKiLLeR

Re: [BETA] PhpBB IUM (Inactive User Manager/reminder)

Post by P@InKiLLeR »

andreask wrote:This is all beta though once it goes to RC it will stabilize a lot (I hope)
:)
Thanks for the Info ;)
Sepp71

Post by Sepp71 »

Great extension that I have been searching for a long time!
I am now just trying to configure the extension.
1.) I am wondering if there is a mistake in the language files for the ACP round here (in the ACP, configuration on the bottom):
Included forums

Select a category or subcategory to exclude it

Excluded forums

Select a category or subcategory to include it from the top topics lists that are sent to the users
For me, it seems that header and text have been miced up, the header says exactly the opposite of the selection field - and now I don't know what's right :roll:
Edit::
Ok, I have tried. Now I know that it's no mistake but that you "move" forums" from one side to the other by clicking the button. For me this is still confusing, but it works!

2.) The random key for self-delete provokes an error if activated and I try to send an inactive-test-mail. When I disabled this option in the ACP, the error disappeared.
Debug says:
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/andreask/ium/classes/reminder.php on line 471: Undefined index: random

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at .../includes/functions.php:3925) in .../includes/functions_acp.php on line 134
3.) Same problem as described here still in 0.9.7 (Sent reminders not logged)
whocarez wrote:hm, I don't see that. In my adminstration logs I see only this {SENT REMINDER TO ADMIN} for my test mails, without translation, despite the fact, that there is a translation for "SENT REMINDER TO ADMIN" and also for "SENT_REMINDER_TO_ADMIN". The same for "SENT_REMINDERS". A translation is there, but nothing to see. It seem to me, that log.php in language/xx/ is ignored.

I use the latest 0.9.5 from github ....
Sent templates to admin are logged in the ACP, but sent reminders to users are not.
In IUM's inactive user list I can see, that ten e-mails have been sent.

Btw.: By which criteria does IUM select, if the e-mail limit is exceeded? (In my case for testing purposes 10 e-mails per day but some 100 users to remind)
There seems to be no order?

4.) An additional wish:
Maybe it would be a nice option to be able to remind/delete/ignore or whatever manage users directly from the IUM list of inactive users?
I used to use Lefty's User Reminder MOD as an option to remind on the one hand but to keep my data and users "fresh" by deleting sleeping members from time to time.

5.) From my point of view, 3 reminders are quite a lot if someone is no longer interested in the forum. Especially if there is a fourth mail, when the user is finally deleted.
Two # deletion notice would be enough here.
Maybe the admin could choose the number of reminders?
And another question: How many day does the extension wait between the reminders one, two and three?
6.) Test-E-Mails are really great! This option makes it easier to configure & feel fine with the extension.

Thanks!

Sepp
andreask
Name: Andreas

Post by andreask »

Hi Sepp,

Thanks for your kind words and feedback! (wow :) )
OK, first things first.

Question, could you please tell me your board version? is it 3.1.10?
Did you do the first install of the ext on this version (3.1.10) or did you do installed in an earlier version?

So now to your questions...

#1 Yes this is exactly the function AND (you are almost right) there is a typo (but little bit further)...
In Excluded forums it should be...
Select a category or subcategory to include it [s]from[/s] [b][u]to[/u][/b] the top topics lists that are sent to the users.
On next release it will be fixed.

#2 I see, this is because when you send the template to admin there is no random key generated. (should not exist for admin accounts) I'll fix this also on my next release.

#3a :roll: :?: :oops: ok, I think I know what is causing it I'll try to fix it. hopefully on next release.
#3b reminders are sent by registration order (older users first) I think that is the best approach.

#4 Not a bad idea, I'll see what I can do, but please don't expect something soon.
Unfortunately I haven't seen the mod you are referring.

#5 Another good point. I'll take it under consideration.
Also, note that right now there is no deletion notice on the email. On third e-mail (reminder) user is marked for deletion without notice.
All reminders follow the same interval. Probably it would be a good idea for the 2nd and 3d (final) reminder the period should be shorter but this will be rectified in a future release.

Thanks again.
Here is what I am working on right now...
Inactive User Manager for phpBB
Give it a try...
If you would like to buy me a bier ;) for my work I will drink it on a hot summer day and thank you!!!
Sepp71

Post by Sepp71 »

Thanks for dealing with my reply!
Just in short words because things might be easier for you, too:
andreask wrote:#4 Not a bad idea, I'll see what I can do, but please don't expect something soon.
Unfortunately I haven't seen the mod you are referring.
Lefty's user reminder mod is still in the database at phpbb.com: viewtopic.php?f=69&t=1069755
They even have a screenshot of the function I suggested. It's the user list your extension provides, too, with a checkbox on the very right. On the bottom of the page there is a selection box for what to do with the selected users (similar to the on that standard phpbb 3.1. provides in the ACP for inactive users) with the options remind / delete.
As I see now, the standard for already provides activate / delete /remind. But it would nicer to have it on your extensions page as I could see the reminder status (how many e-mails received).

#5: Sorry, I don't understand: Which is the interval? The one I choose for "considering a user a sleeper" or the one for automatic deletion (which I have not activated yet)?
On my forum it is quite normal that users do not post for longer periods of time (2-6 months), but come back and it is okay. So I had to set my first interval to 365 days instead of the recommended 30 days. Waiting three years before deleting would definitely be too long, even for my users :)

Sepp

P.S.:
# 6 One more confusing thing in the IUM-User's list:
It says in German

Code: Select all

Letzte Erinnerung 	      Anzahl der Erinnerungsmails 	Letzte Erinnerung geschickt am
Keine Erinnerungsmails geschickt 	1 	                  24.11.2016, 12:34
It is confusing to me that in says Last reminder: None sent (which seems wrong to me) and the rest is ok (number of reminders sent: 1, date ... correct.
andreask

Post by andreask »

#4 Alright, I'll see what I can do. But in future release.

#5 Yes this is the one (considering a user a sleeper).
Note that the ext is looking user's last login date not user's last post date.
So if they are coming back but they don't post it's still fine.
But yes perhaps it would be a good idea for the 2nd and 3d reminder to make it shorter :) :D

Please be careful with autodeletion (no code is bugless). ;)

edit:

#6 yes it is, probably it shouldn't say anything if there are no dates from previous reminders... (I was just ignoring it) but I will fix it on next release.

edit 2:
Perhaps it is the translation because in English it is like this...
Username Joined Last visit Inactive date Status [u]Previous Reminder[/u] Reminders Count Last Reminder Sent
Which is more correct
Give it a try...
If you would like to buy me a bier ;) for my work I will drink it on a hot summer day and thank you!!!
Sepp71

Post by Sepp71 »

Thanks for that! I have changed my language file.
Now I'm still testing and sending e-mails on a live board. So far no problems (just a lot of returning mails because of dead mail-accounts) :D
On the last page of the list there seems to be some confusion as there are three users without usernames. Date of registering and last visit are shown. One of the is even said to have two posts.[/list]
So I actually will have to stop the extension when it comes closer to now (at the moment it is 2 years back and 50 mails per day...)
Btw.: Is there a place where I can see, if the reminders "work", say: if users log in after receiving it?

Sepp

Edit:
By searching for the hardcoded number I found in reminder.php:

$template_ary = array_merge($template_ary, array('SELF_DELETE_LINK' => $user_instance->lang('FOLOW_TO_DELETE', $link)));
It looks like a typo (FOLLOW_TO_DELETE') but I didn't find it anywhere else so maybe it's meaningless.

Edit 2:
I've been able to solve another question by mself: Now I have learned, that the list of inactive users is not a kind of "masterplan the extension wants to remind" but it is only used for information purposes to the admin. If you change the interval for the reimder in the IUM settings it might be usefull, to change the settings for the inactive users list, too. This must be done manually, the list does not keep in mind, what you have chosen in the IUM settings.
andreask

Post by andreask »

Sepp71 wrote:On the last page of the list there seems to be some confusion as there are three users without usernames. Date of registering and last visit are shown. One of the is even said to have two posts.
Yes this is a known bug and it is fixed on dev if you want you can download it from github.

Thanks for the typo (it was everywhere :shock: ). I fixed it but it is still local.

Yes you are correct the list is for informational purposes (as I have mentioned this before) I guess I'll have to add some more explanation in the lang file for the list.
Sepp71 wrote:Btw.: Is there a place where I can see, if the reminders "work", say: if users log in after receiving it?
No :( I am still thinking a way, for now I guess you can watch the list. the counter should reset but the previous/last reminder date should stay. (just now I realized there is a bug on this function, fixed now)
I know it's not practical at all, so I'll try to find a solution asap.

I will make a new release pretty soon, so hung on. :D
Give it a try...
Sepp71

Post by Sepp71 »

Thanks for this!
I'm not familiar with github. Is it a simple "download" of the "master" file?
I don't know if it helps, but lefty's user reminder had a solution for the logging as well as for operating users (remind/delete) directly from the list. Maybe the code is helpful for you, too?
On his personal website (http://www.lefty74.com/index.php) he even offers his mods to anyone interested, including the user reminder (http://www.lefty74.com/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=443).

Sepp
andreask

Post by andreask »

andreask wrote: How to install:
  • In your phpbb/ext create directory andreask and there create directory ium
  • Download zip file and extract content of PHPBB_IUM-maste to phpbb/ext/andreask/ium/
  • Go to ACP- >Customise->Extensions and enable the Inactive User Manager extension.
This is what you need to do if you download the dev version from github.
Sepp71 wrote:I don't know if it helps, but lefty's user reminder had a solution for the logging as well as for operating users (remind/delete) directly from the list. Maybe the code is helpful for you, too?
For the second part I know what to do (and how). It's just that I see it more like a cosmetical "problem", that is why I postpone it. For the first part I have some ideas and I will take a look on lefty's code as well.
Sepp71 wrote:he even offers his mods to anyone interested, including the user reminder
Yes I see, well I wanted to start from scratch, my goal was to learn through the process and to contribute in my way to phpbb community. I feel like I'm kinda succeeding (even though some times not :( )

If you need any help with the downloaded file let me know!

b r
Andreas
Give it a try...
Hartenheer
Name: Willem Hartman

Post by Hartenheer »

I very pleased with this extension.
Works good

Question: Is it possible to make Auto delete User 730 days?
Sorry English is not my native language :oops:
regards: Willem

https://bierfijnproevers.nl/bierforum
andreask

Post by andreask »

Hi Willem,

If you don't mind asking, why after so many days?
Give it a try...
Hartenheer

Post by Hartenheer »

andreask wrote:Hi Willem,

If you don't mind asking, why after so many days?
I do not want to push too many
The first memory they get after 180 days
Then they get up to 4 memories in 2 year

If they do not like, I can automatically remove them

Hartenheer

Post by Hartenheer »

Understand I can not change :cry:

andreask

Post by andreask »

Hi Willem,

If you want more days you can do the following...

edit file: /adm/style/acp_ium_body.html
Find:

<dd><input type="number" value="{ANDREASK_IUM_AUTO_DEL_DAYS}" size="2" id="andreask_ium_auto_del_days" name="andreask_ium_auto_del_days" min="1" max="365" /></dd>
Replace with:

<dd><input type="number" value="{ANDREASK_IUM_AUTO_DEL_DAYS}" size="2" id="andreask_ium_auto_del_days" name="andreask_ium_auto_del_days" min="1" max="999" /></dd>
Unfortunately I don't have much free time these days so I am not able to work on the project. :(
But I'll try to update it asap!

Vriendelijk groeten

Andreas
Give it a try...
Hartenheer

Post by Hartenheer »

You are great.

Thank you very much

Return to “Extensions in Development”