[3.3][RC] [3.1][3.2][RC] PhpBB IUM (Inactive User Manager/reminder)

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Get Involved
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
andreask
Name: Andreas

Re: [3.1][3.2][RC] PhpBB IUM (Inactive User Manager/reminder)

Post by andreask »

MIMATA wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 8:29 pm
Hello andreask,

You're doing a great job.
AYBG wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 10:59 am
Can this extension be configured to send only to users with zero posts?
andreask wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 5:43 pm
Yes it can be done but you'll have to edit the query.
Where ?

Is it in controller > main.php, line 110 ?
$sql = 'SELECT user_id, ium_random FROM ' . USERS_TABLE . ' WHERE ' . $this->db->sql_build_array('SELECT', $sql_arr);

Thank's
Hi MIMATA,

Thanks.
No, the query that is in main.php is only to display the results in configuration and lists pages of the extension.
To modify the query that will send the reminders you will have to edit classes/reminder.php
See here on github the query. If you need any help editing the query let me know! Because the way I've done it may seem a little bit confusing.

colinshead wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 12:35 pm
When I attempted an update to version 1.1.5 the ACP page for the extension failed (404 error). Can you confirm please whether the database structure in version 1.1.5 is different from version 1.0.0. I notice that the name of the extension in the extensions list has changed from Inactive User Manager to PHPBB Inactive User Manager/Reminder, is this likely to result in a upgrade issue ?

As my IUM install takes a whole year to run it's course of reminder e-mails, I cannot afford to simply 'start over'.

I look forward to hearing from you.

All the best and stay safe

Colin
Hi Colin,

Could you please post a printscreen? Also could you post the content of the extensions migrations/add_data.php?

Thanks
All the best!
Here is what I am working on right now...
Inactive User Manager for phpBB
Give it a try...
If you would like to buy me a bier ;) for my work I will drink it on a hot summer day and thank you!!!
colinshead

Re: [3.3][RC] [3.1][3.2][RC] PhpBB IUM (Inactive User Manager/reminder)

Post by colinshead »

Hi Andreas,

Bit of a false alarm - sorry. I updated to 1.1.5 again, and this time purged the system cache, and everything appears to be running fine.

By the way, I have around 20 extensions running, and IUM is definitely the best and one I cannot do without. Functionality really ought to be incorporated into phpBB core. Essentially it has automated the membership control of our yacht owners association, based on the forum.

Here are the contents of add_data.php

Code: Select all

<?php

/**
* This file is part of the phpBB Forum extension package
* IUM (Inactive User Manager).
* @copyright (c) 2016 by Andreas Kourtidis
* @license   GNU General Public License, version 2 (GPL-2.0)
* For full copyright and license information, please see
* the CREDITS.txt file.
*/

namespace andreask\ium\migrations;

use phpbb\db\migration\migration;

/**
 * Add needed data to database of phpbb
 */

class add_data extends migration
{

public function update_data()
	{
		return array(
			array('config.add', array('andreask_ium_enable', 0)),
			array('config.add', array('andreask_ium_interval', 30)),
			array('config.add', array('andreask_ium_top_user_threads', 0)),
			array('config.add', array('andreask_ium_top_user_threads_count', 5)),
			array('config.add', array('andreask_ium_top_forum_threads', 0)),
			array('config.add', array('andreask_ium_top_forum_threads_count', 5)),
			array('config.add', array('andreask_ium_email_limit', 250)),
			array('config.add', array('andreask_ium_self_delete', 0)),
			// 0.9.0
			array('config.add', array('andreask_ium_version',   '1.1.0')),
			array('config.add', array('andreask_ium_keep_posts',    1)),
			array('config.add', array('andreask_ium_approve_del',   1)),
			// 0.9.1
			array('config.add', array('andreask_ium_auto_del',		0)),
			array('config.add', array('andreask_ium_auto_del_days', 7)),
			// 0.9.6
			array('config_text.add', array('andreask_ium_ignore_forum',	'[]')),
			// 0.9.9
			array('config_text.add', array('andreask_ium_ignored_groups', '[]')),
			// cron config
			array('config.add', array('send_reminder_last_gc', 0, true)),
			array('config.add', array('send_reminder_gc', (60 * 60 * 24))),
			array('config.add', array('reminder_limit', 250)),
			);
	}

static public function depends_on()
  {
    return array('\phpbb\db\migration\data\v310\gold');
  }

public function update_schema()
  {
    return array(
      'add_columns' => array(
				$this->table_prefix . 'users' => array(
          'ium_remind_counter' => array('UINT', 0),
          'ium_previous_sent_date' => array('TIMESTAMP', 0),
          'ium_reminder_sent_date' => array('TIMESTAMP', 0),
          'ium_dont_send' => array('UINT', 0),
					'ium_request_date'	=> array('TIMESTAMP', 0),
					'ium_random'	=> array('VCHAR:255', 0),
          'ium_type'	=> array('VCHAR:10', ''),
					'ium_request_date'	=> array('TIMESTAMP', 0),
					'ium_request_type'	=> array('VCHAR:10', ''),
					'ium_random'	=> array('VCHAR:255', 0),
				),
			),
    );
  }

public function revert_schema()
	{
		return array(
			'drop_columns' => array(
				$this->table_prefix . 'users' => array(
					'ium_remind_counter',
					'ium_previous_sent_date',
					'ium_reminder_sent_date',
					'ium_dont_send',
					'ium_request_date',
					'ium_random',
					'ium_type',
					'ium_request_date',
					'ium_request_type',
					'ium_random',
				),
			),
		);
	}

}

All the best

Colin
andreask

Post by andreask »

Ah! good to hear that it worked!
I still don't understand why this is happening though. I guess I'll have to ask the big brains to explain it to me.

Wow I would never think that my ext would help so much someone.
It kinda make me feel proud (and happy) I guess!

As soon as I have news from the validation team, i'll start working on improvements. But until then it will have to wait.
Especially since the ext is compatible with phpbb 3.3

Perhaps now is a good time to discuss some ideas for change and improvement.
Also missing/wrong translations would also be nice to be submitted. So if/when the ext will be validated the translations will be ready.

Anything else, I'm here open for discussion!

All the best!

Andreas
Give it a try...
If you would like to buy me a bier ;) for my work I will drink it on a hot summer day and thank you!!!
colinshead

Post by colinshead »

Hi Andreas

I know why the error occurred. I have bespoke e-mail templates for various languages. I initially simply replaced the version 1.1.5 language files (in total) with the old language directories before realising that a lot had changed within, not just the email templates.

I have now sorted it out by just updating the templates, and all is working fine.

Sorry - a newbie error.

All the best

Colin
colinshead

Post by colinshead »

Hi Andreas,

Am I correct in assuming that if a users language is not available in the IUM language directories, then the sleeper e-mails etc. will be sent to that user in the boards default language, in my case English ?

All the best

Colin
andreask

Post by andreask »

Yes, your assumption is correct.
Give it a try...
wads24
Name: James

Re: [3.1][3.2][RC] PhpBB IUM (Inactive User Manager/reminder)

Post by wads24 »

dimetrius wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:06 pm
Hello,

please fix this issue:

When i send email with standart forum equipments, i am receive into email post from:
From: "=?UTF-8?B?0KTQvtGA0YPQvCDQm9GD0LPQsHNhdA==?=" <forum@domain.net>
It look like "My Forums <forum@domain.net>".

But if i send reminder from your extension, i have only email address into "From:"
And it look like "forum@domain.net"

without forum name.

Thanks
I was wondering about this issue also. Is this an easy fix?
Thanks in advance for a reply.
andreask

Post by andreask »

Hi thanks for reminding me this.
I'll try to fix it for RC3 which I'm working on currently.
Give it a try...
dimassamid

Post by dimassamid »

Hello!

I have an error 500 after update my board to 3.3.1

PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Symfony\Component\DependencyInjection\Exception\ServiceCircularReferenceException: Circular reference detected for service "andreask.ium.cron.send_reminder", path: "andreask.ium.cron.send_reminder -> andreask.ium.cron.send_reminder". in /home/d/dimassp1/mysite.com/public_html/vendor/symfony/dependency-injection/Container.php:297
Stack trace:
#0 /home/d/dimassp1/mysite.com/public_html/phpbb/di/service_collection.php(57): Symfony\Component\DependencyInjection\Container->get('andreask.ium.cr...')
#1 /home/d/dimassp1/mysite.com/public_html/phpbb/di/service_collection_iterator.php(44): phpbb\di\service_collection->offsetGet('andreask.ium.cr...')
#2 /home/d/dimassp1/mysite.com/public_html/phpbb/cron/manager.php(76): phpbb\di\service_collection_iterator->current()
#3 /home/d/dimassp1/mysite.com/public_html/phpbb/cron/manager.php(63): phpbb\cron\manager->load_tasks(Object(phpbb\di\service_collection))
#4 /home/d/dimassp1/mysite.com/public_html/cache/production/container_4335734bbdd20f586549a504dff5f80c.php(3175): phpbb\cron\manager->__construct(Object(phpbb\di\service_collection), Object(phpbb\routing\helper), './', 'php')
#5 /home/d/dimassp1/mysite.com/public_html/cache/production/container_4335734bbdd20f586549a504dff5f80c.php(3041): phpbb_cache_container->getCron_ManagerService()
#6 /home/d/dimassp1/mysite.com/public_html/cache/production/container_4335734bbdd20f586549a504dff5f80c.php(1655): phpbb_cache_container->getController_HelperService()
#7 /home/d/dimassp1/mysite.com/public_html/cache/production/container_4335734bbdd20f586549a504dff5f80c.php(1685): phpbb_cache_container->getAndreask_Ium_Classes_ReminderService()
#8 /home/d/dimassp1/mysite.com/public_html/vendor/symfony/dependency-injection/Container.php(306): phpbb_cache_container->getAndreask_Ium_Cron_SendReminderService()
#9 /home/d/dimassp1/mysite.com/public_html/phpbb/di/service_collection.php(57): Symfony\Component\DependencyInjection\Container->get('andreask.ium.cr...')
#10 /home/d/dimassp1/mysite.com/public_html/phpbb/di/service_collection_iterator.php(44): phpbb\di\service_collection->offsetGet('andreask.ium.cr...')
#11 /home/d/dimassp1/mysite.com/public_html/phpbb/cron/manager.php(76): phpbb\di\service_collection_iterator->current()
#12 /home/d/dimassp1/mysite.com/public_html/phpbb/cron/manager.php(63): phpbb\cron\manager->load_tasks(Object(phpbb\di\service_collection))
#13 /home/d/dimassp1/mysite.com/public_html/cache/production/container_4335734bbdd20f586549a504dff5f80c.php(3175): phpbb\cron\manager->__construct(Object(phpbb\di\service_collection), Object(phpbb\routing\helper), './', 'php')
#14 /home/d/dimassp1/mysite.com/public_html/cache/production/container_4335734bbdd20f586549a504dff5f80c.php(3041): phpbb_cache_container->getCron_ManagerService()
#15 /home/d/dimassp1/mysite.com/public_html/cache/production/container_4335734bbdd20f586549a504dff5f80c.php(6889): phpbb_cache_container->getController_HelperService()
#16 /home/d/dimassp1/mysite.com/public_html/cache/production/container_4335734bbdd20f586549a504dff5f80c.php(4327): phpbb_cache_container->getRmcgirr83_Nationalflags_ListenerService()
#17 /home/d/dimassp1/mysite.com/public_html/vendor/symfony/event-dispatcher/EventDispatcher.php(231): phpbb_cache_container->{closure}()
#18 /home/d/dimassp1/mysite.com/public_html/vendor/symfony/event-dispatcher/EventDispatcher.php(61): Symfony\Component\EventDispatcher\EventDispatcher->sortListeners('core.common')
#19 /home/d/dimassp1/mysite.com/public_html/vendor/symfony/event-dispatcher/ContainerAwareEventDispatcher.php(129): Symfony\Component\EventDispatcher\EventDispatcher->getListeners('core.common')
#20 /home/d/dimassp1/mysite.com/public_html/vendor/symfony/event-dispatcher/EventDispatcher.php(43): Symfony\Component\EventDispatcher\ContainerAwareEventDispatcher->getListeners('core.common')
#21 /home/d/dimassp1/mysite.com/public_html/phpbb/event/dispatcher.php(62): Symfony\Component\EventDispatcher\EventDispatcher->dispatch('core.common', Object(Symfony\Component\EventDispatcher\Event))
#22 /home/d/dimassp1/mysite.com/public_html/common.php(166): phpbb\event\dispatcher->dispatch('core.common')
#23 /home/d/dimassp1/mysite.com/public_html/radiostat.php(5): include('/home/d/dimassp...')
#24 {main}
  thrown in /home/d/dimassp1/mysite.com/public_html/vendor/symfony/dependency-injection/Container.php on line 297
wads24

Post by wads24 »

Did you clear cache?
Hervé
Name: Rudy

Post by Hervé »

Hi,
I've upgraded phpBB 3.3.0 to 3.3.1 : IUM does not work anymore, what can I do ?

This is the message I get
Fatal error: Uncaught Symfony\Component\DependencyInjection\Exception\ServiceCircularReferenceException: Circular reference detected for service "andreask.ium.cron.send_reminder", path: "andreask.ium.cron.send_reminder -> andreask.ium.cron.send_reminder". in /customers/2/8/d/leforumrecifal.com/httpd.www/vendor/symfony/dependency-injection/Container.php:297 Stack trace: #0 /customers/2/8/d/leforumrecifal.com/httpd.www/phpbb/di/service_collection.php(57): Symfony\Component\DependencyInjection\Container->get('andreask.ium.cr...') #1 /customers/2/8/d/leforumrecifal.com/httpd.www/phpbb/di/service_collection_iterator.php(44): phpbb\di\service_collection->offsetGet('andreask.ium.cr...') #2 /customers/2/8/d/leforumrecifal.com/httpd.www/phpbb/cron/manager.php(76): phpbb\di\service_collection_iterator->current() #3 /customers/2/8/d/leforumrecifal.com/httpd.www/phpbb/cron/manager.php(63): phpbb\cron\manager->load_tasks(Object(phpbb\di\service_collection)) #4 /customers/2/8/d/leforumrecifal.com/httpd.www/cache/production/container_43 in /customers/2/8/d/leforumrecifal.com/httpd.www/vendor/symfony/dependency-injection/Container.php on line 297
kasimi
Extension Customisations
Extension Customisations

Post by kasimi »

It's a problem in phpBB 3.3.1: https://tracker.phpbb.com/browse/PHPBB3-16565
dimassamid

Post by dimassamid »

wads24 wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:27 am
Did you clear cache?
Yes, I cleaned the cache folder manually, but that didn't fix the problem.

I have installed the extension on a test clean forum. Error 500 occurs on all board pages (including ACP). The following error appears in the log file after enabling the extension:

PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Symfony\\Component\\DependencyInjection\\Exception\\ServiceCircularReferenceException: Circular reference detected for service "andreask.ium.cron.send_reminder", path: "pagination -> andreask.ium.cron.send_reminder -> andreask.ium.cron.send_reminder". in /home/d/dimassp1/phpbb331.dimassp1.beget.tech/public_html/vendor/symfony/dependency-injection/Container.php:297\nStack trace:\n#0 /home/d/dimassp1/phpbb331.dimassp1.beget.tech/public_html/phpbb/di/service_collection.php(57): Symfony\\Component\\DependencyInjection\\Container->get('andreask.ium.cr...')\n#1 /home/d/dimassp1/phpbb331.dimassp1.beget.tech/public_html/phpbb/di/service_collection_iterator.php(44): phpbb\\di\\service_collection->offsetGet('andreask.ium.cr...')\n#2 /home/d/dimassp1/phpbb331.dimassp1.beget.tech/public_html/phpbb/cron/manager.php(76): phpbb\\di\\service_collection_iterator->current()\n#3 /home/d/dimassp1/phpbb331.dimassp1.beget.tech/public_html/phpbb/cron/manager.php(63): phpbb\\cron\\manager->load_tasks(Object(phpbb\\di\\service_collection))\n#4 / in /home/d/dimassp1/phpbb331.dimassp1.beget.tech/public_html/vendor/symfony/dependency-injection/Container.php on line 297, referer http://phpbb331.dimassp1.beget.tech/adm/index.php?i=acp_extensions&sid=ef563c2cb0abb00c48aab18ae71d930f&mode=main&action=enable&ext_name=andreask%2Fium&hash=be5ee02d
andreask

Post by andreask »

Please delete this comment!
Give it a try...
wads24

Post by wads24 »

kasimi wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:58 pm
It's a problem in phpBB 3.3.1: https://tracker.phpbb.com/browse/PHPBB3-16565
Great answer Jonas

Return to “Extensions in Development”