[3.3][RC] [3.1][3.2][RC] PhpBB IUM (Inactive User Manager/reminder)

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Scam Warning
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
ScottyPC

Re: [3.1][3.2][BETA] PhpBB IUM (Inactive User Manager/reminder)

Post by ScottyPC »

Problem...

The initial use of this extension worked perfectly. As of yesterday I noticed a problem and waited to confirm it today.

I have users who last logged in 3/7/2017 and a few 3/8/2017, notices were not sent as they should have been (30 days). Nor were these users added to the IUM list.

I'm wondering if there is a problem with the formula that determines last login. Possible confusion with date the extension last ran (3/26/2017)instead of users last login?

3/26/2017 was the first and only time the extension sent notices and did so perfectly - it's only the users that have hit the 30 day limit since then that seem not to have triggered the email notice. I hope this all makes sense.

I am taking no action and will continue to wait and see -maybe 4/26/2017 the notices will go out?
andreask
Name: Andreas

Post by andreask »

Hi ScottyPC,

Where did you get this date "3/26/2017"?
If you go to the inactive users list in the extension and short by "Last Reminder Sent"
What is the latest day you see there? (use descending order)
Also look at the "Previous Reminder" date to see when/if there was sent.
Extension runs every day (once a day).
Could you please post a screenshot of "ium configuration" you have?
Here is what I am working on right now...
Inactive User Manager for phpBB
Give it a try...
If you would like to buy me a bier ;) for my work I will drink it on a hot summer day and thank you!!!
ScottyPC

Post by ScottyPC »

andreask wrote:
Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:29 am
Where did you get this date "3/26/2017"?
If you go to the inactive users list in the extension and short by "Last Reminder Sent"
What is the latest day you see there? (use descending order)
Also look at the "Previous Reminder" date to see when/if there was sent.
Extension runs every day (once a day).
Could you please post a screenshot of "ium configuration" you have?
Here is the Configuration

Here is the complete page of IUM users - this is where additional users should be that had last activity on March 7, 8, 9 . I cross check these with my PhpBB members list and they should be listed in IUM by now - but so far none of the March 7,8,9 last active users have been added to the IUM.

NOW- oddly enough, when someone who IS on the IUM list does login, they are then automatically removed from the IUM list...so that part is definitely working.
ScottyPC

Post by ScottyPC »

The last 7 PhpBB users have not made it to the IUM list- tomorrow will be 8 users.

It seems only the users from the initial installation of IUM made it to the IUM list...since then no other qualifying users have made it to the IUM list.

I am running phpbb 3.2 and php 5.5.38 if that helps.
andreask

Post by andreask »

The weired part is that it has not sent any notifications after the 26th of March.
Could you please check the logs (admin logs) and see if there are any errors?
Which version of IUM do you have installed?
What is your cron settings?
ACP->General->Server Configuration->Server settings->Run periodic tasks from system cron
IUM need this to be set to "No".
Meaning that it needs to be managed by phpbb and not having it run manually using phpbbcli.php
*Otherwise you need to make it run via a cronjob on your system.
(I will skip the silly question, do you have traffic) Traffic triggers the set scheduled jobs.

As of last resort I would suggest removing completely the ext (deleting data) and installing again.
Give it a try...
If you would like to buy me a bier ;) for my work I will drink it on a hot summer day and thank you!!!
ScottyPC

Post by ScottyPC »

andreask wrote:
Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:41 pm
Could you please check the logs (admin logs) and see if there are any errors?
Which version of IUM do you have installed?
What is your cron settings?
ACP->General->Server Configuration->Server settings->Run periodic tasks from system cron
IUM need this to be set to "No".
As of last resort I would suggest removing completely the ext (deleting data) and installing again.
Well there are no "errors" in the admin log -but very oddly 1, and the first of the qualifying who "should" have been added to the IUM has been logged there and on time (30th day April 7, and again 8th, 9th) . The entry for this 1 user simply says "0 reminders were sent." and just repeats that each day. None of the other users are present in the admin log.

IUM version 0.9.8
Cron settings matched "No"
Error log is empty

Before I re-install, which will reset all IUM data - and thus re-notify everyone previously notified + the newly qualified.... lets find out if anyone else is or has experienced this behavior . I'd hate to find out that the problem just repeats itself if this can be avoided. Plus it's odd that the first qualifying user is listed in the admin log- but none of the others are...log jam effect? Even though the one user was listed repeatedly and on time - why "0 reminders were sent." Perhaps some form of logging could be added to see what event took place or did not take place? I do have 2 more users set to hit their 30 day mark on April 14th -if need be I will re-install on or before the 12th.

Known facts:
1. Cron runs -proven by users who do log in are in fact removed from IUM list
2. The first and only the first qualifying user to meet 30 days(after initail install run) was logged in the Admin Log as "0 reminders were sent."
3. IUM did not add that first qualifying user to the IUM list (nor did it send email as a result)

Has anyone else experienced this?
andreask

Post by andreask »

Well so far no one has reported the problem but you.

In case you change your mind. And since the ext does not work on your board.
I would suggest to disable and uninstall it.
If you remove the extension without deleting the data (which I recommend for now) nothing will be lost.
You could try this version
Same instructions apply for the installation.

Thanks for your feedback!
Give it a try...
ScottyPC

Post by ScottyPC »

andreask wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:13 pm
Well so far no one has reported the problem but you.

In case you change your mind. And since the ext does not work on your board.
I would suggest to disable and uninstall it.
If you remove the extension without deleting the data (which I recommend for now) nothing will be lost.
You could try this version
Same instructions apply for the installation.

Thanks for your feedback!
OK, is this a newer version than 0.9.8? Tomorrow I will try it without deleting data -I'll just disable and remove the old ext. and try this one - IF problem persists I will try from scratch removing everything and then try newest version.
Last edited by ScottyPC on Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
andreask

Post by andreask »

This is basically the dev-stable version.
It will still say 0.9.8 but it has some changes and fixes.

For instance this one...
andreask wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:38 pm
For the next release (hopefully the RC) I am trying to have an option on users quicktools.
So the admin will be able to send reminders to a selected user. (click on the username on the inactive users list)
But I don't think I will have another manual option for it.

@ScottyPC, thank you for your kind words! :)
KimIV wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:24 am
I would love to test the extension, but I need to manually send reminders. I do not want the extension to do this.
Could you please explain why would you need to have such task done manually?

Best regards,

Andreas
Give it a try...
ScottyPC

Post by ScottyPC »

UPDATE: Loaded the last version you sent (after disabling and removing the 0.9.8 version - did NOT delete data.) I will let you know what happens - I have 2 users that "should" trigger on April 14th. Plus there are a few members that are already past due to trigger- so by tomorrow we will see if those folks were added to the IUM list or not.
Hartenheer
Name: Willem Hartman

Post by Hartenheer »

Andreask I have a question.

Is it possible to assign a number of new updates.
Now it is not to see what version you have
Sorry English is not my native language :oops:
regards: Willem

https://bierfijnproevers.nl/bierforum
andreask

Post by andreask »

Hoi Willem,

I will do that last. For now whenever there is a new version I just announce it here and I update the first post.
The link that I gave to ScottyPC is not a new release but the current stable dev version.
For now you can see the version that you have installed on your board in the list of extension.
(I hope that understood well) :D
Give it a try...
ScottyPC

Post by ScottyPC »

Hartenheer wrote:
Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:53 am
Andreask I have a question.

Is it possible to assign a number of new updates.
Now it is not to see what version you have
"IF" you do use the current stable dev version, follow the above instructions he gave to me. However You will notice that it still shows as version 0.9.8 - do not let that confuse you, I believe it shows as that due to not deleting the previous IUM "data". As long as you have deleted the old IUM folder before uploading the new one you should be fine.

So far no change since installing the current stable version - still no new additions of IUM users, but it has not been a full 24hrs yet. If nothing changes by days end I will (1.) disable the extension (2.) delete extension data
(3.) delete extension (4.) Re-install the current dev stable version.

Unfortunately this will re-notify some members but hopefully will get things working as they should going forward. Not the end of the world, and somewhat expected - that's how it goes with development. ;)
andreask

Post by andreask »

ScottyPC wrote:
Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:16 pm
I believe it shows as that due to not deleting the previous IUM "data". As long as you have deleted the old IUM folder before uploading the new one you should be fine.
No this is because I have not updated the version on the yml file.
And since next release will be a major one, the next version will be 1.x.x...
But it has still some work.
ScottyPC wrote:
So far no change since installing the current stable version - still no new additions of IUM users, but it has not been a full 24hrs yet. If nothing changes by days end I will (1.) disable the extension (2.) delete extension data
(3.) delete extension (4.) Re-install the current dev stable version.
Usually it takes up to 2 hours to kick in. Check for the last reminder send. Also check the logs to see if you see anything strange or in general if you see something.
If possible please post a screenshot of log as well.
ScottyPC wrote:
Unfortunately this will re-notify some members but hopefully will get things working as they should going forward. Not the end of the world, and somewhat expected - that's how it goes with development. ;)
Thanks for being patient and understanding!
Give it a try...
ScottyPC

Post by ScottyPC »

Ah - good to know. I'll go ahead and start on re-install now.

The screenshots are exactly as before.... as for the PhpBB Admin log also still the same, it shows the 1st qualifying user each day "0 reminders sent". No subsequent users are shown or listed- there should be, but I believe this is due to a "log jam effect" since the 1st did not go thru none of the others were processed, not sure if that is a IUM issue or a PhpBB issue (I suspect a PhpBB issue- but thats just a guess). The error log is still empty.

Still that 1st qualifying user never makes it to the IUM list nor do any of the subsequent users. I even checked that 1st users settings and they are the same as all the others so we can rule that out.

It's strange because IUM obviously sees that 1st user because otherwise there would be no notation in the Admin log "0 reminders sent"...yet for whatever reason that same user is not added to the IUM list - regardless of the success or failure of the email to be sent.

Anyway I will start from a "Fresh" install removing the data this time and see what happens...I won't know for sure if the problem is gone until the next batch of qualifying users hits on the 14th...unless of course that same 1st user gets stuck again- which would also be a clue of a different sort.

Return to “Extensions in Development”