[3.3][RC] [3.1][3.2][RC] PhpBB IUM (Inactive User Manager/reminder)

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Scam Warning
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
ScottyPC

Re: [3.1][3.2][BETA] PhpBB IUM (Inactive User Manager/reminder)

Post by ScottyPC »

Actually I just had a thought- I'm going to add that 1st user to the ignore list and see what happens first.
andreask
Name: Andreas

Post by andreask »

If you have access to your server logs, you could check the apache logs (assuming your server uses apache).
And see if there are any errors regarding ium.
Perhaps there is something that we've missed.
Here is what I am working on right now...
Inactive User Manager for phpBB
Give it a try...
If you would like to buy me a bier ;) for my work I will drink it on a hot summer day and thank you!!!
ScottyPC

Post by ScottyPC »

andreask wrote:
Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:47 pm
If you have access to your server logs, you could check the apache logs (assuming your server uses apache).
And see if there are any errors regarding ium.
Perhaps there is something that we've missed.
Well ...here is an interesting development- I added that user to the ignore list and NOW that user shows in the IUM list !? Maybe it was stuck? I'll give it a bit of time here to see if other users get added to the IUM list. See user with "Not sent any reminders yet" ....that just appeared.

I'll see if I can find the apache server logs in the meantime. ( Nope no errors reported in apache error logs at all)
Hartenheer
Name: Willem Hartman

Post by Hartenheer »

For me it works well

Give time to develop it further
Our reactions, it may only be made better

Good extension
Sorry English is not my native language :oops:
regards: Willem

https://bierfijnproevers.nl/bierforum
ScottyPC

Post by ScottyPC »

No change...
I'm going to take a screenshot of the already notified users and use that for my temporary Ignore list on the new installation so as not to annoy users with constant reminders.
I can remove them from the ignore list at the appropriate time, meanwhile hopefully the new install will proceed as planned.
ScottyPC

Post by ScottyPC »

LOL- well - I did find a newly needed improvement....

Apparently you cannot select more than 1 user at a time for the ignore list - maybe this could could be made to work as the "mass email" does allowing the admin to select all or more than 1 by means of a checkbox.

As a result I deiced to only ignore that 1 user to see how it goes... it just started send out reminders. I won't know much more until this list is exhausted and the next qualifying users hit on the 14th.

Oop's just found another gotcha..."users per page" need to set a limit of "25?" per page ...when I put in 40 per page only 25 listed and no other pages were present...set it back to 25 or less it all works fine.
Last edited by ScottyPC on Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
andreask

Post by andreask »

Please explain...
You cannot add more than one users to the ignore list or remove?
Give it a try...
If you would like to buy me a bier ;) for my work I will drink it on a hot summer day and thank you!!!
ScottyPC

Post by ScottyPC »

andreask wrote:
Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:22 pm
Please explain...
You cannot add more than one users to the ignore list or remove?
Yes if you use the ignore list in the IUM you get the members list ,but no choice but to choose "select" , as soon as you do that you must repeat that process for each individual user.

If you try the ACP Mass Email feature you can see how they avoided this by allowing the admin to either
1. Select one user
2. Select multiple users (via checkbox)
3. Select all users- very useful if you pre-sorted your users already by means of the member list filter.
ScottyPC

Post by ScottyPC »

Update on new install

All qualifying users were listed AND notified....now its just wait and see what happens on the 14th to determine if newly qualifying users get added. ( I have added 1 member to the ignore list - that member was listed in IUM but was not sent an email - so far so good.) ;)
andreask

Post by andreask »

ScottyPC wrote:
Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:29 pm
Yes if you use the ignore list in the IUM you get the members list ,but no choice but to choose "select" , as soon as you do that you must repeat that process for each individual user.

If you try the ACP Mass Email feature you can see how they avoided this by allowing the admin to either
1. Select one user
2. Select multiple users (via checkbox)
3. Select all users- very useful if you pre-sorted your users already by means of the member list filter.
This one is fixed now! :) (localy)
Will be implemented on next release. (Thanks! :) )
Give it a try...
ScottyPC

Post by ScottyPC »

Awesome! Glad to have helped.

I was thinking for the 25 users per page maybe just remove the option and hard code it for 25 users per page.
Less work - and no loss of any functionality really. Just a thought.
ScottyPC

Post by ScottyPC »

Status report:

1. So far, as before, when reminded users login they are being removed from the IUM list as expected.

2. I have one user last logged in March 14th- that user so far, has not been added to the IUM list. Today is the actual 30th day, so in theory he should be added today. I will wait until tomorrow to confirm which will be the 31st day and remove any doubt.
ScottyPC

Post by ScottyPC »

I'm sorry Andresk, but something is still not right.

Exact same problem as before - newly qualified users are not added to the IUM list. (No errors in log files.)

Upon 1st run everything works perfectly - after that it only seems to work with, or off of the originally created IUM list. Newly qualifying users are not added, and removing a previously ignored qualifying user also did not trigger the email notification for that user. IUM does however recognize when a user logs in as it does remove them from the list.

As a further test today I tried to deactivate / Re-Activate IUM leaving the data intact - hoping it would regenerate a new list, picking up the newly qualifying user, but to no avail - it remained exactly as was.

It seems to me that IUM is never rechecking the phpbb logins after initial install.
ScottyPC

Post by ScottyPC »

Hi Andreask - day 32 still no change - newly qualified users are still not being added to the IUM list.
andreask

Post by andreask »

Gentlemen, please. There is no reason for arguments here.
Everybody is helping on their extend as much as they can.

Let's keep this topic relevant to the ext.
:)

ScottyPC.

I believe I have successfully pinpointed the problem and I will try to fix asap.
Would you be willing to try out some of my fixes when they'll be ready?
As always they will not affect your board (no data will be modified).
And the only thing that you will have to do if and when I have something for you (testing) you will have to install it, without deleting any existing data from the already installed ext. So it will not affect your already notified users.
Because this is something that it is not easy to reproduce locally.

Thank you all for your help! :)
Give it a try...

Return to “Extensions in Development”