[3.1][3.2][RC] PhpBB IUM (Inactive User Manager/reminder)

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Scam Warning
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
User avatar
</Solidjeuh>
Registered User
Posts: 965
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:45 am
Location: Aalst (Belgium)
Name: Andy Dm
Contact:

Re: [3.1][3.2][RC] PhpBB IUM (Inactive User Manager/reminder)

Post by </Solidjeuh> » Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:22 pm

Ow, there was an update .. :lol:
Here are the new NL language files:
https://github.com/Solidjeuh/PhpBB-IUM- ... -reminder-
Wij promoten UW muziek in ons forum & delen alles via Sociale media!
Muziek wordt ook toegevoegd in de playlist van
textradio.be!
Mail uw single + hoesje + info naar: info@muziekpromo.net of Solidjeuh@textradio.be
===============
Onze Website: https://www.muziekpromo.net

andreask
Registered User
Posts: 459
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:13 pm
Name: Andreas

Re: [3.1][3.2][RC] PhpBB IUM (Inactive User Manager/reminder)

Post by andreask » Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:49 pm

Hartenheer wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:25 pm
Is it possible to delete the person after 6x reporting?

Then I can put the time of notifications longer.
You'll have to edit the code and probably in a lot of places. I might make some changes for the next release (after the CDB release).
But it will take a lot of time.
Froddelaar wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:22 pm
Ow, there was an update .. :lol:
Here are the new NL language files:
https://github.com/Solidjeuh/PhpBB-IUM- ... -reminder-
Thanks I'll update the lang files as soon as I will get my laptop...
It's now counting a month and week there...
Waiting for a freaking spare part......
Image
Here is what I am working on right now...
Inactive User Manager for phpBB
Give it a try...
If you would like to buy me a bier ;) for my work I will drink it on a hot summer day and thank you!!!

User avatar
</Solidjeuh>
Registered User
Posts: 965
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:45 am
Location: Aalst (Belgium)
Name: Andy Dm
Contact:

Re: [3.1][3.2][RC] PhpBB IUM (Inactive User Manager/reminder)

Post by </Solidjeuh> » Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:04 pm

I forgot to translate the ACP file.. stupid me!
Updated: https://github.com/Solidjeuh/PhpBB-IUM- ... -reminder-
Wij promoten UW muziek in ons forum & delen alles via Sociale media!
Muziek wordt ook toegevoegd in de playlist van
textradio.be!
Mail uw single + hoesje + info naar: info@muziekpromo.net of Solidjeuh@textradio.be
===============
Onze Website: https://www.muziekpromo.net

php-bb3-user
Registered User
Posts: 41
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:16 pm

Re: [3.1][3.2][RC] PhpBB IUM (Inactive User Manager/reminder)

Post by php-bb3-user » Tue May 22, 2018 3:03 pm

As some others already stated, it is exactly what I was looking for in terms of sleeping or inactive users.
I was wondering though, for editing the message in a mail, there is an textfile with in my case Dutch text.
Where have changes in text to be made?
I made some changes in the Dutch translated files, but did not see any changes back in the testmail.
Last edited by php-bb3-user on Tue May 22, 2018 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Assumption causes many times lots of trouble.

User avatar
Hartenheer
Registered User
Posts: 648
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:23 pm
Location: The Netherlands
Name: Willem Hartman
Contact:

Re: [3.1][3.2][RC] PhpBB IUM (Inactive User Manager/reminder)

Post by Hartenheer » Tue May 22, 2018 3:11 pm

php-bb3-user wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 3:03 pm
As some others already stated, it is exactly what I was looking for in terms of sleeping or inactive users.
I was wondering though, for editing the message in a mail, there is an textfile with in my case Dutch text.
Where do I edit content of the mail in Dutch language?
For me also Dutch. You can do this just in languages > e-mail
Sorry English is not my native language :oops:


Image

php-bb3-user
Registered User
Posts: 41
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:16 pm

Re: [3.1][3.2][RC] PhpBB IUM (Inactive User Manager/reminder)

Post by php-bb3-user » Tue May 22, 2018 3:25 pm

Hartenheer wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 3:11 pm
php-bb3-user wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 3:03 pm
As some others already stated, it is exactly what I was looking for in terms of sleeping or inactive users.
I was wondering though, for editing the message in a mail, there is an textfile with in my case Dutch text.
Where do I edit content of the mail in Dutch language?
For me also Dutch. You can do this just in languages > e-mail
I tried that in the Dutch translated file, but did not find any of the changes made in the testmail.
Assumption causes many times lots of trouble.

User avatar
Hartenheer
Registered User
Posts: 648
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:23 pm
Location: The Netherlands
Name: Willem Hartman
Contact:

Re: [3.1][3.2][RC] PhpBB IUM (Inactive User Manager/reminder)

Post by Hartenheer » Tue May 22, 2018 3:30 pm

In the language folder there is a special folder for the e-mail
Or you must have a very old version.
Sorry English is not my native language :oops:


Image

php-bb3-user
Registered User
Posts: 41
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:16 pm

Re: [3.1][3.2][RC] PhpBB IUM (Inactive User Manager/reminder)

Post by php-bb3-user » Tue May 22, 2018 3:38 pm

Hartenheer wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 3:30 pm
In the language folder there is a special folder for the e-mail
Or you must have a very old version.
I found this file called email in the /languages folder and then /nl.
There I edited both files sleeper.txt and inactive.txt.
Still yet no changes in the testmail.
So, in languages, do you need to edit the content of English as well?
Assumption causes many times lots of trouble.

User avatar
Hartenheer
Registered User
Posts: 648
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:23 pm
Location: The Netherlands
Name: Willem Hartman
Contact:

Re: [3.1][3.2][RC] PhpBB IUM (Inactive User Manager/reminder)

Post by Hartenheer » Tue May 22, 2018 3:50 pm

php-bb3-user wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 3:38 pm
Hartenheer wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 3:30 pm
In the language folder there is a special folder for the e-mail
Or you must have a very old version.
I found this file called email in the /languages folder and then /nl.
There I edited both files sleeper.txt and inactive.txt.
Still yet no changes in the testmail.
So, in languages, do you need to edit the content of English as well?
No, do upload the changes to the good part?
Sorry English is not my native language :oops:


Image

andreask
Registered User
Posts: 459
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:13 pm
Name: Andreas

Re: [3.1][3.2][RC] PhpBB IUM (Inactive User Manager/reminder)

Post by andreask » Tue May 22, 2018 4:06 pm

php-bb3-user wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 3:38 pm
I found this file called email in the /languages folder and then /nl.
There I edited both files sleeper.txt and inactive.txt.
Still yet no changes in the testmail.
So, in languages, do you need to edit the content of English as well?
Try purging cache.
Though this shouldn't be necessary...
Here is what I am working on right now...
Inactive User Manager for phpBB
Give it a try...
If you would like to buy me a bier ;) for my work I will drink it on a hot summer day and thank you!!!

php-bb3-user
Registered User
Posts: 41
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:16 pm

Re: [3.1][3.2][RC] PhpBB IUM (Inactive User Manager/reminder)

Post by php-bb3-user » Tue May 22, 2018 10:28 pm

Hartenheer wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 3:50 pm
php-bb3-user wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 3:38 pm
Hartenheer wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 3:30 pm
In the language folder there is a special folder for the e-mail
Or you must have a very old version.
I found this file called email in the /languages folder and then /nl.
There I edited both files sleeper.txt and inactive.txt.
Still yet no changes in the testmail.
So, in languages, do you need to edit the content of English as well?
No, do upload the changes to the good part?
I tried 2 ways of update modified files.
The first attempt was by moving a copy of the file to the harddrive and edit it there, than upload and replace the local file with the modified one.
No change, still the same text show up at testmail.
The second attempt was by edit the files right on the FTP client, by right click edit/view and change the content of the files and save the changes.
Still no change yet, still same outcome at testmail.

Thanks so far.
I'll be back later.
Last edited by php-bb3-user on Wed May 23, 2018 5:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Assumption causes many times lots of trouble.

php-bb3-user
Registered User
Posts: 41
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:16 pm

Re: [3.1][3.2][RC] PhpBB IUM (Inactive User Manager/reminder)

Post by php-bb3-user » Tue May 22, 2018 10:30 pm

andreask wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 4:06 pm
php-bb3-user wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 3:38 pm
I found this file called email in the /languages folder and then /nl.
There I edited both files sleeper.txt and inactive.txt.
Still yet no changes in the testmail.
So, in languages, do you need to edit the content of English as well?
Try purging cache.
Though this shouldn't be necessary...
Thank you, I'll give it a try later and let you know the outcome.
Assumption causes many times lots of trouble.

php-bb3-user
Registered User
Posts: 41
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:16 pm

Re: [3.1][3.2][RC] PhpBB IUM (Inactive User Manager/reminder)

Post by php-bb3-user » Wed May 23, 2018 7:10 am

Hi, there are a few problems, one of which is the fact that the adjusted (and uploaded) text for the both emails (sleeper and inactive) is not being sent. Instead I found another text within the email. So my guess would be that this text has been translated from somewhere else.
By default the following text for email is this:

sleeper.txt

'Subject: We missen je!

Hallo, {USERNAME}

We zien dat je laatste bezoek aan ons forum {SITENAME}, was op "{LAST_VISIT}".
Het is al een tijdje geleden, en we wouden je even laten weten dat we hopen om je snel eens terug te zien.

Indien je jouw login vergeten bent kan je deze altijd opvragen via de volgende link.

{FORGOT_PASS}

Anders kan je altijd de beheerder van het forum bereiken via "{ADMIN_MAIL}".

Hopelijk zien we je snel terug.

{USR_TPC_LIST}

{USR_FRM_LIST}


{EMAIL_SIG}'

And that text is also being found in the email sent at the test.

Yet my content (edited in notepad and saved as plain text) and uploaded for the sleeper.txt file is this:

'Subject:We missen jou!
Hoi {USERNAME},Je ontvangt dit email van ons forum {SITENAME} omdat je al een jaar "{LAST_VISIT}" of langer niet meer actief bent geweest op ons forum.Wij vroegen ons af of we je met wat informatie kunnen helpen.Als je je login gegevens kwijt bent of als je ons niet meer weet te vinden dan kun je op onderstaande link klikken.{FORGOT_PASS}Voor andere zaken kun je ook direct bij de beheerder van het forum terecht op het onderstaande email adres."{ADMIN_MAIL}"Wij hopen je snel weer op het forum te begroeten.{USR_TPC_LIST}

{USR_FRM_LIST}


{EMAIL_SIG}'

Same procedure followed for the inactive.txt file.

Please note the space lacking in between the lines in my content. Is the space in between the lines necessary, or do I need another editor?
Assumption causes many times lots of trouble.

User avatar
Hartenheer
Registered User
Posts: 648
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:23 pm
Location: The Netherlands
Name: Willem Hartman
Contact:

Re: [3.1][3.2][RC] PhpBB IUM (Inactive User Manager/reminder)

Post by Hartenheer » Wed May 23, 2018 8:02 am

I always use notepad++
Free download.
Sorry English is not my native language :oops:


Image

php-bb3-user
Registered User
Posts: 41
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:16 pm

Re: [3.1][3.2][RC] PhpBB IUM (Inactive User Manager/reminder)

Post by php-bb3-user » Wed May 23, 2018 8:51 am

Hartenheer wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 8:02 am
I always use notepad++
Free download.
After your comment, I did that too.
but still the same problem.
Following is the procedure I follow to get things done:

I make sure being logged out off the phpbb3.2.2 forum before I download and upload both .txt files.

1: I download with FileZilla the inactive.txt and sleeper.txt to the hard drive in order to edit it with Notepad++.
2: Editing both files in Notepad++ and save the changes.
3: I change the name of the txt files in /email /nl.
4: Upload with FileZilla the .txt files into /email /nl.
5: I log into the forum again and send both the test emails.

Then I check the email and find still the same problem, there is text content but those are not the modifications I'd made.
Something goes wrong, I can not find what or where.
Assumption causes many times lots of trouble.

Post Reply

Return to “Extensions in Development”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Gubkin, igorbond, jackennils, Meis2M and 28 guests