[3.1][3.2][RC] PhpBB IUM (Inactive User Manager/reminder)

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Anti-Spam Guide
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
andreask
Name: Andreas

Re: [3.1][3.2][RC] PhpBB IUM (Inactive User Manager/reminder)

Post by andreask » Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:06 pm

What I mean is, I want you to turn this on so you can tell me if you see the test user in the list, and if so what is the request type and date for the user.

The process is simple.

When the 3rd+ mail is sent the user is will not receive any other e-mails.
If the auto delete option is selected then the user will be deleted after the amount of days that is set in the Days after section, unless the Require approval for self delete requests is selected. (ok I admit that this needs to be rewritten properly because now it says for self delete requests, it should be for delete requests).
In that case the administrator has to approve the request. once the admin select the user and choose approve from the options bellow the list, clicks on submit button, the user will be deleted immediately.
But there might be a 'glitch' somewhere in the process... lets see...
Here is what I am working on right now...
Inactive User Manager for phpBB
Give it a try...
If you would like to buy me a bier ;) for my work I will drink it on a hot summer day and thank you!!!

KlausiMaus

Post by KlausiMaus » Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:17 am

OK, understood!

Yes I saw the list now and the state of the test-user was "auto-Ignored" - I reset the state.

So disabling "Require approval for self delete" was correct for automatic deleting?

But there was only send a message to te test-user and he was not deleted (the message as daily repeated), that was the problem.

Now I will try it again, but this will take a while since I don't want to change any time settings to prevent other real users get warnings.
Maybe I could manipulate some DB settings.
Klaus (http://forum.kuhnert.ch/) :: Keep it simple, stupid :!:

andreask
Name: Andreas

Post by andreask » Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:15 pm

KlausiMaus wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:17 am
So disabling "Require approval for self delete" was correct for automatic deleting?
Yes.
KlausiMaus wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:17 am
Now I will try it again, but this will take a while since I don't want to change any time settings to prevent other real users get warnings.
Maybe I could manipulate some DB settings.
If you don't feel comfortable, better wait! :)
Here is what I am working on right now...
Inactive User Manager for phpBB
Give it a try...
If you would like to buy me a bier ;) for my work I will drink it on a hot summer day and thank you!!!

Return to “Extensions in Development”