[CDB] cmBB - Simple Content Management for phpBB

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Scam Warning
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
Ger

Re: [3.2][RC] cmBB - Simple Content Management for phpBB

Post by Ger »

panteror wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:32 pm Hi,
Ok for alias.
I pulled a french translation : https://github.com/GerB/cmbb/pull/9
Thanks. Can you host it on your own repo? I intent to include only English and Dutch (= my native language) in the repo and link every other language in a sticky when the extension is validated.
The currently included spanish translation will be probably be ditched before submitting to the CDB since it's not maintained and I don't speak a word spanish.

- a second permanent alias not depending of title (if we change it) like article/"articlenumber"
You should try that before asking. ;)
My extensions:
Simple CMS, Feed post bot, Avatar Resize, Modbreak, Magic OGP, Live topic update, Modern Quote, Quoted Where (GDPR) and Autoresponder.
Newest: FAQ manager for 3.2

Like my work? Buy me a coffee to keep it coming. :ugeek:

-Don't PM me for support-
Ger

Post by Ger »

My extensions:
Simple CMS, Feed post bot, Avatar Resize, Modbreak, Magic OGP, Live topic update, Modern Quote, Quoted Where (GDPR) and Autoresponder.

Mathieu M.
Name: Mathieu

Post by Mathieu M. »

Hello Ger,

I believe you should try to edit your first post with all the translations 😉

Thx for your extension by the way !
😄😄😍😄😄
Ger

Re: [BETA][3.2] cmBB - Simple Content Management for phpBB

Post by Ger »

nextgen wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2016 4:45 pm Sending a pull request for corrected phrases and typos for the spanish languague :)
Hello,

Could you be so kind to host and maintain the Spanish translation on your Github account? I've tried to keep it up to date using Google Translate, but that's probably not too good. Since I cannot maintain it properly, it's probably for the best if I only include English and Dutch in the default download and list all other translations (currently French, Slovak and Spanish) in the TS and after validation in a sticky. When you've hosted the Spanish translation I'll remove it from my repository.

That way I can take full responsibility for the cmBB default package and every translation can be maintained by a native speaker.
My extensions:

tejaskp114114

Post by tejaskp114114 »

thanks for creating a wonderful blog. delete option is not working in action part of "Category" in phpbb 3.2.1 even though there are no children.

Registered users are not able to create new posts/articles.
Ger

Post by Ger »

tejaskp114114 wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:26 am delete option is not working in action part of "Category" in phpbb 3.2.1 even though there are no children.
Thanks for mentioning, I just pushed a fix to Github.
Registered users are not able to create new posts/articles.
It's a permission, default only added for the role ROLE_USER_FULL (most of the time moderators/admins). You can assign the permission Can post cmBB articles to any group, role or user you want to.
My extensions:

tejaskp114114

Post by tejaskp114114 »

Thanks.I assigned the permission "Can post cmBB articles" to the "Registered users" group as "yes" but still the users in that group are not able to create new post/article.

Also not able to upload any of the allowed file types. Its not reflected in the article.
Ger

Post by Ger »

Please check if the users aren't in the Newly registered users group, as that group default has this permission set to NEVER (overwriting a Yes).

About the uploading: check the folder permissions of ./images/cmbb_upload. The folder should have permissions set to 0755. If the folder isn't available, it's probably because your images folder didn't allow for creating it on-the-fly.
My extensions:

tejaskp114114

Post by tejaskp114114 »

Thanks Ger, will check:)
Ger

Re: [DEV] cmBB - Simple Content Management for phpBB

Post by Ger »

DiegoPino wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:38 pmmention
nextgen wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2016 4:45 pmmention
As announced before I've removed the Spanish translation from the main repository since it hasn't been properly maintained. I don't speak Spanish so I cannot take responsibility for it.

If you are willing to publish and maintain the Spanish translation that would be great and I'll list it in the extension translations just like the others.

If someone is willing to pick up on this, he or she might be interested in this pull request
My extensions:

bryan23

Post by bryan23 »

Hi,

I just download and put the unzipped folder in my ext folder. but it isn't showing out in the ACP, why?

I have other official ext running as well and i am able to enable them

thank you
Ger

Post by Ger »

Than probably your folder structure isn't correct. The path should be ./ext/ger/cmbb/* with all the subfolders and files there.
My extensions:

avguste

Post by avguste »

Hello. Downloaded, installed, but cant figure what is the public url for the portal. Thanks for the help
Ger

Post by Ger »

Look into the ACP -> Extension tab -> cmBB settings. You'll find a link there to start writing your first article. Once your have your first article public, a menu bar will appear (if not disabled) with all the relevant links.
My extensions:

bryan23

Post by bryan23 »

Ger wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:44 am Than probably your folder structure isn't correct. The path should be ./ext/ger/cmbb/* with all the subfolders and files there.
thanks.

now i am facing this line ontop of the page
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/ger/cmbb/cmbb/driver.php on line 626: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()

how do i remove?

on the file line 626
foreach ($latest as $row)

Return to “Extensions in Development”