[RC] Tables

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Ideas Centre
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
Miri4ever

Re: [RC] Tables

Post by Miri4ever » Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:32 pm

Your extension no longer using Fontawsome Button inside the editor and display now an image ? This explains why it's looking a little bit weired at my style.

Also can't see the table border but I'm working on it at my used style update. At prosilver everything is looking fine. So no need to worry.
Homepage: Terra Oceanica

Sniper_E
Name: Ed Humphrey

Post by Sniper_E » Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:15 pm

Yes some special style require special edits. Like the areo black style you see in styles/ directory.

You may need to create a new style directory with your style's name.
Then you can modify it to suit your style. Even put a fontawsome icon in instead of that image.
No is NEVER an Option and NEVER is the only Option when it comes to Giving Up!
:!: Sniper_E Styles | phpbbmodders :!:

Sniper_E

Post by Sniper_E » Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:53 am

Miri4ever wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:05 pm
I did not like the explain text inside the block and nobody could read anything inside or missing important things. I played a little arround today and though having this inside a border and a few more tweaks inside the translation would make it looking better and easier to understand.

What did you think ?
I hope you don't mind me sharing this here Miri4ever. I think you have an excellent idea there.
From what I saw what you did to the instructions on your site looked very good.

Maybe you and Galixte can help me with the wording to make it more understandable.
You two can make these edits to your files and see what you think we need to make changes to.

tables/language/en/tables.php

Code: Select all

'TABLE_GUIDELINES'			=> '<h3 class="forabg">Table guidelines</h3>
<div class="table-list">
	<ul style="list-style-type: circle">
		<li><strong>[table=75,null]</strong> the number <strong>75</strong> sets the <strong>width%</strong> of a table. Max width% of table is <strong>98%</strong>.</li>
		<li><strong>[table=75,tleft]</strong> the <strong>tleft</strong> floats the table <strong>left</strong> of the text. Use <strong>null, tleft, tright</strong> or <strong>tcenter</strong> on table.</li>
		<li>When using <strong>tcenter</strong> in the table, use <strong>[center]</strong> around the <strong>Table Title</strong> for it to line up.</li>
		<li>Use <strong>[tr=textcenter]</strong> or <strong>[td=textcenter,1]</strong> to align the text center in the table. Use <strong>textleft, textcenter or textright</strong> to align the text.</li>
		<li><strong>[th=20,null], [th=30,null], [th=50,null]</strong> the numbers set <strong>width%</strong> of each column. All <strong>[th=#%</strong> need to equal <strong>100%. [tr=bg2]</strong> sets the class of the row.</li>
		<li><strong>[td=null,1]</strong> the <strong>null</strong> is a blank class, use <strong>bg1, bg2</strong>, or create a new class. The <strong>1</strong> sets the <strong>colspan</strong> of the <strong>[td]</strong>.</li>
		<li>If <strong>[td=null,2]</strong> is used for <strong>2 columns</strong> you must remove one of the other <strong>[td=null,1]</strong> to make room for the <strong>new 2 columns</strong>.</li>
	</ul>
</div>
<h3 class="forabg">Instructions</h3>
<div class="table-list">
		<li>Click the <strong>Preview</strong>  button after inserting your table codes in textarea.</li>
		<li>From your preview, edit all of the <strong>Title</strong> names and <strong>Text</strong> names to suit your post.</li>
		<li>Adjust all the <strong>width%</strong> to balance out the look of your table, <strong>Preview</strong> and <strong>Submit</strong>.</li>
	</ul>
</div>',
This is the wording above that you guys can help me form correctly. Make it more understandable.

tables/styles/prosilver/template/event/posting_editor_buttons_before.html

<div id="tables-button-guidelines" style="display: none"><a onclick="document.getElementById('tables-button-guidelines').style.display = 'none';document.getElementById('tables-guidelines-show').style.display = 'block';" /><i class="icon fa-eye fa-fw" aria-hidden="true"></i>{L_TABLE_GUIDELINES_HIDE}</a><div class="table-guide panel">{L_TABLE_GUIDELINES}</div></div>
Change the third line in that event template to that above code. I added a <div with some classes.

tables/styles/prosilver/theme/tables.css

h3.forabg { color: #FFFFFF; }
.table-guide { padding: 5px 10px;margin: 5px 0 10px 0 !important;border: 1px solid #ccc;border-radius: 10px; }
.table-list { padding-left: 20px; }
Add those two classes in the stylesheet below #tables-button-guidelines a,

Please put that together and tell me what you think. Nice idea Miri4ever!
You can test this at my site. tester:tester

Miri4ever

Post by Miri4ever » Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:48 am

I need some time to do changes inside the tables. I saw what you tried to do but not looking nice at all styles. And you put in some colors inside CSS. Every extension should work with basic prosilver colors. Nobody can tell what styles users have and we can't support many different styles. So things must devleoped to work with any kind of settings.

I think I found a good balance but first need some help from Galixte . He worked a long time with PBWow Style and could maybe help me with the missing color I need. At the others styles it should look nice with the changed tables.

I also need to do my translation fixed to your system I was not aware that table codes could be used inside text files and I always put <B> instead of <STRONG> for bold texts.

Sniper_E

Post by Sniper_E » Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:25 pm

These are the three styles I'm working with. All prosilver based styles.
http://sniper-e.com/images/tables/table ... silver.gif
http://sniper-e.com/images/tables/table ... roblue.gif
http://sniper-e.com/images/tables/table ... oblack.gif

The only color I put in the css was the white text in those titles. And a #ccc border for just prosilver.
That will work on most styles. For special styles it takes minor changes. Like special styles need.
aeroblack would not show right and it took one line to change and it was good.

I could not find a PBWow style to test this with. Maybe you can direct me.

Understand... I am creating this layout for prosilver... ONLY
All of these other styles can use small adjustments like they have to do with most extensions.

Here I found an old pbwow style to test.
http://sniper-e.com/images/tables/table ... _pbwow.gif
Table selections don't even show. I need a recent copy if there is one for 3.2.*.
Last edited by Sniper_E on Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Miri4ever

Post by Miri4ever » Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:21 pm

Mine looks fine with this little modifikation and doing at all prosilver styles a good job and need not to be changed for any of those it also doing a good job with PBWow. Ok this border arround is a little to bright but will look into the colors again. Also the texts having the wrong colors but this is style related and not fixed because still in development. But for all others it looks nice. I got my space at left and top an now ugly white table border.

On old PBWow you use it looks better as on 3.2 Version.

Tested with Black Silver, Black Silver Slim and PBWoW 3.2. Should be also looking nice with all prosilver based themes.

I changed the table background inside the translation:

<div class="panel">
		<li><strong>[table=75,null]</strong> the number <strong>75</strong> sets the <strong>width%</strong> of a table. Max width% of table is <strong>98%</strong>.</li>
		<li><strong>[table=75,tleft]</strong> the <strong>tleft</strong> floats the table <strong>left</strong> of the text. Use <strong>null, tleft, tright</strong> or <strong>tcenter</strong> on table.</li>
		<li>When using <strong>tcenter</strong> in the table, use <strong>[center]</strong> around the <strong>Table Title</strong> for it to line up.</li>
		<li>Use <strong>[tr=textcenter]</strong> or <strong>[td=textcenter,1]</strong> to align the text center in the table. Use <strong>textleft, textcenter or textright</strong> to align the text.</li>
		<li><strong>[th=20,null], [th=30,null], [th=50,null]</strong> the numbers set <strong>width%</strong> of each column. All <strong>[th=#%</strong> need to equal <strong>100%. [tr=bg2]</strong> sets the class of the row.</li>
		<li><strong>[td=null,1]</strong> the <strong>null</strong> is a blank class, use <strong>bg1, bg2</strong>, or create a new class. The <strong>1</strong> sets the <strong>colspan</strong> of the <strong>[td]</strong>.</li>
		<li>If <strong>[td=null,2]</strong> is used for <strong>2 columns</strong> you must remove one of the other <strong>[td=null,1]</strong> to make room for the <strong>new 2 columns</strong>.</li>
	</ul>
</div>
<div class="panel">
		<li>Click the <strong>Preview</strong>  button after inserting your table codes in textarea.</li>
		<li>From your preview, edit all of the <strong>Title</strong> names and <strong>Text</strong> names to suit your post.</li>
		<li>Adjust all the <strong>width%</strong> to balance out the look of your table, <strong>Preview</strong> and <strong>Submit</strong>.</li>
	</ul>
</div>',
I changed here to 100%. Why having an 10% gap at the right side of the border for nothing. Could run full lenght

#tables-button-selections { width: 100%;display: none; }
Here we go: Just see new update today, must already check out myself:

https://github.com/Sajaki/PBWoW3style/tree/develop32

And please don't worry about the colors inside my style, hope the new update fixes that :)

Sniper_E

Post by Sniper_E » Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:41 pm

That's fine using .panel instead. It does nothing to prosilver because that section sits in a .panel
But it may enhance other styles like yours so it's good to have.
And I read awhile back that <b> was depreciated so we should use <strong>

The list codes I put in there had to go. All of it positioned too far to the left when using panel class.
Let's emulate a list instead and we'll be good. See what you think of this.

<div class="panel tables-list">
&ordm; <b>[table=75,null]</b> the number <b>75</b> sets the <b>width%</b> of a table. Max width% of table is <b>98%</b>.<br />
&ordm; <b>[table=75,tleft]</b> the <b>tleft</b> floats the table <b>left</b> of the text. Use <b>null, tleft, tright</b> or <b>tcenter</b> on table.<br />
&ordm; When using <b>tcenter</b> in the table, use <b>[align=center]</b> around the <b>Table Title</b> for it to line up with the table.<br />
&ordm; <b>[th=20,null], [th=30,null], [th=50,null]</b> the numbers set <b>width%</b> of each column. All <b>[th=#%</b> need to equal <b>100%. [tr=bg2]</b> sets the class of the row.<br />
&ordm; Use <b>[tr=textcenter]</b> or <b>[td=textcenter,1]</b> to align the text center in the table. Use <b>textleft, textcenter</b> or <b>textright</b> to align the text.<br />
&ordm; <b>[td=null,1]</b> the <b>null</b> is a blank class, use <b>bg1, bg2</b>, or create a new class. The <b>1</b> sets the <b>colspan</b> of the <b>[td]</b>.<br />
&ordm; If <b>[td=null,2]</b> is used for <b>2 columns</b> you must remove one of the other <b>[td=null,1]</b> to make room for the <b>new 2 columns</b>.
</div>
&ordm; Click the <b>Preview</b>  button after inserting your table codes in textarea.<br />
&ordm; From your preview, edit all of the <b>Title</b> names and <b>Text</b> names to suit your post.<br />
&ordm; Adjust all the <b>width%</b> to balance out the look of your table, <b>Preview</b> and <b>Submit</b>.
</div>',
I left the .tables-list class in with the .panel class. Some custom styles may need it. Like PBWoW3
Look at the new version: http://sniper-e.com/images/tables/table ... pbwow3.gif - needed white text.

Playing around with this I found a balance between styles that work.
prosilver css

/* Tables bbCode Extension - prosilver */

/* Table background color (optional) */
.tables1 {  }
.tables1 img { vertical-align: middle; }
.tables1 i.fa-fw { cursor: pointer; }
h3.forabg { color: #FFFFFF; }

/* Hiden selections block */
#tables-button-guidelines a, #tables-guidelines-show a { cursor: pointer; }
.tables-list { margin-bottom: 5px !important;cursor: help; }
.upper_group, .lower_group { width: 65px;display: inline-block;wrap: wrap; }

/* Tables custom classes - Add all classes for every cell needed */
.null { }
.tleft { float: left;margin-right: 6px; }
.tright { float: right;margin-left: 6px; }
.tcenter { margin: 0 auto; }
.textleft { text-align: left; }
.textcenter { text-align: center; }
.textright { text-align: right; }

/* Classes for cell borders */
.btrbl { border-top: 1px solid #006BAB;border-right: 1px solid #006BAB;border-bottom: 1px solid #006BAB;border-left: 1px solid #006BAB; }
.btrb { border-top: 1px solid #006BAB;border-right: 1px solid #006BAB;border-bottom: 1px solid #006BAB; }
.brbl { border-right: 1px solid #006BAB;border-bottom: 1px solid #006BAB;border-left: 1px solid #006BAB; }
.brb { border-right: 1px solid #006BAB;border-bottom: 1px solid #006BAB; }

@media (max-width: 950px) {
}
And your pbwow3 css

/* Tables bbCode Extension - pbwow3 */

/* Table background color (optional) */
.tables1 {  }
.tables1 th { color: #FFB017 !important; }
.tables1 img { vertical-align: middle; }
.tables1 i.fa-fw { cursor: pointer; }
h3.forabg { color: #FFB017; }

/* Hiden selections block */
#tables-button-guidelines a, #tables-guidelines-show a { cursor: pointer; }
.tables-list { color: #FFFFFF;cursor: help; }
.upper_group, .lower_group { width: 65px;display: inline-block;wrap: wrap; }

/* Tables custom classes - Add all classes for every cell needed */
.null { }
.tleft { float: left;margin-right: 6px; }
.tright { float: right;margin-left: 6px; }
.tcenter { margin: 0 auto; }
.textleft { text-align: left; }
.textcenter { text-align: center; }
.textright { text-align: right; }

/* Classes for cell borders */
.btrbl { border-top: 1px solid #006BAB;border-right: 1px solid #006BAB;border-bottom: 1px solid #006BAB;border-left: 1px solid #006BAB; }
.btrb { border-top: 1px solid #006BAB;border-right: 1px solid #006BAB;border-bottom: 1px solid #006BAB; }
.brbl { border-right: 1px solid #006BAB;border-bottom: 1px solid #006BAB;border-left: 1px solid #006BAB; }
.brb { border-right: 1px solid #006BAB;border-bottom: 1px solid #006BAB; }

@media (max-width: 950px) {
}
These css work well with the above language/en/tables.php codes.

4 styles at my site tester:tester you can check them out, see what you think. Acceptable?

Galixte de EzCom
Name: Raphaël M.

Post by Galixte de EzCom » Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:39 pm

I agree with new changes, thanks!

New PR submitted with all of these: https://github.com/Sniper-E/tables/pull/13. ;)

And for my pleasure :twisted: a new issue found: https://github.com/Sniper-E/tables/issues/14.

Regards!
Communau EzCom
Image « Traductions d’extensions & styles pour phpBB 3.1.x & 3.2.x ».
ImageLists of all extensions identified for phpBB 3.1.x & 3.2.x.

Miri4ever

Post by Miri4ever » Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:20 pm

Here my new Version of the German translation. Please check the width with different settings.

*/
		'TABLES_TITLE'				=> 'Tabelle',
		'TABLE_TITLE'				=> 'Tabellenauswahl',
		'TABLE_SELECTIONS_SHOW'		=> 'Tabellenauswahl anzeigen',
		'TABLE_SELECTIONS_HIDE'		=> 'Wähle eine Tabelle',
		'TABLE_GUIDELINES_SHOW'		=> '<strong>Tabellenrichtlinien anzeigen</strong>',
        'TABLE_GUIDELINES_HIDE'		=> '<strong>Tabellenrichtlinien ausblenden</strong>',
        'TABLE_GUIDELINES'			=> '<h3 class="forabg">Tabellenrichtlinien:</h3>
&ordm; <b>[table=75,null]</b> Die Zahl 75 setzt die prozentuale <b>Breite</b> einer Tabelle. Maximale prozentuale <b>Breite</b> der Tabelle ist 98%<br />
&ordm; <b>[table=75,tleft] tleft</b> lässt die Tabelle links vom Text fließen. Verwende <b>null, tleft, tright</b> oder <b>tcenter</b> in der Tabelle.<br />
&ordm; Wenn in der Tabelle <b>tcenter</b> benutzt wird, solltest du mit <b>[center]</b> den Tabellentitel mittig setzen.<br />
&ordm; Benutze <b>[tr=textcenter]</b> oder <b>[td=textcenter,1]</b> um den Text zu zentrieren oder <b>textleft, textright</b> für links / rechts ausrichtung.<br />
&ordm; <b>[th=20,null], [th=30,null], [th=50,null]</b> Legt die <b>Breite%</b> für jede Spalte fest. <b>[th=#%]</b> muß <b>100%</b> ergeben. <b>[tr=bg2]</b> Hintergrund der Zeile.<br />
&ordm; <b>[td=null,1] null</b> ist ein Platzhalter, verwende <b>bg1, bg2</b>, oder deine eigene Spalte. Die <b>1</b> setzt das Attribut für <b>colspan</b> von <b>[td]</b>.<br />
&ordm; Wenn <b>[td=null,2]</b> für 2 Spalten benutzt wird, musst du eines der anderen <b>[td=null,1]</b> entfernen, um Platz für die <b>2 neuen Spalten</b> zu machen.<br />
</div>
<h3 class="forabg">Anweisungen:</h3>
&ordm; Klicke auf den <b>Vorschau-Button</b>, nachdem du deine Tabellencodes im Textfeld eingefügt hast.<br />
&ordm; Von der Vorschau aus bearbeitest du alle <b>Titelnamen</b> und <b>Textfelder</b>, um deinen Beitrag anzupassen.<br />
&ordm; Passe alle <b>prozentualen Breiten</b> an, um die Ansicht deiner Tabelle auszubalancieren, <b>Vorschau</b> und <b>Absenden</b>.
</div>',
Last edited by Miri4ever on Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Galixte de EzCom

Post by Galixte de EzCom » Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:33 pm

Miri4ever wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:20 pm
Sniper_E, could you update the GitHub repository with this update of GERMAN?
Miri4ever wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:20 pm
@Galixte:

Did you know what kind of color PBWow is using for this text inside the explain part and some UCP. Can't find this color inside the complete table to just for the style.
What is the ID of the style PBWow on your board: http://terra-oceanica.de? With that i’ll can check in live to answer you.
Communau EzCom

Miri4ever

Post by Miri4ever » Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:41 pm

So just updated and do a little more shorten my translation that it fixes perfect inside the standart with of PBWoW without doing a line break.

Sniper seems have changed this grey color into more white with this file send me on PM.

PBWow uses number 53 at this time at mine.

Miri4ever

Post by Miri4ever » Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:51 pm

Here how it looks with the fixes Sniper made to this color. This is PBWoW Standart Size and everything put nice inside.

The only bad part if now the button for this. The button is just fine. But PBWoW cause this nasty bad border arround it. As far as I know it's something inside common.css but not sure what.

@Galixte:

This color was used before until Sniper made it brighter. It's a system color at more places from the board makes it not to read:

Galixte de EzCom

Post by Galixte de EzCom » Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:59 pm

Ok and if you provide a test account and a topic when i can make some test? Because when i try to register on your fairy lights board i have this error message:
Information

Du wurdest auf diesem Board dauerhaft gesperrt.

Bitte kontaktiere die Board-Administration, um weitere Informationen zu erhalten.

Für die Sperre angegebener Grund: Dein Alter entspricht nicht unseren Forumbedingungen.

Deine IP-Adresse wurde gesperrt.
Communau EzCom

Sniper_E

Post by Sniper_E » Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:43 pm

Added your language file on Github Miri4ever, Thank you!
Merged your files Galixte but had to fix edits, Thank you!

I would like to know what colors changed in your pbwow3 style.
The only change I made was in the table titles.

.tables1 th { color: #FFB017 !important; }
And the guideline titles are set here.

h3.forabg { color: #FFB017; }
It should not make changes in your forum. Let me know what we need to change for your style.

Miri4ever

Post by Miri4ever » Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:12 pm

Thats at the moment the problem. I don't know where to search and hints I already I did not find inside the entire code somewhere. We just need to wait. Also my server sometimes doing update many minutes later so I did not always see changes right in time.

Sometimes it's good to sit and wait before making too much trouble for nothing.

Return to “Extensions in Development”